“Great resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #64 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Halifax, Canada
“Great resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just returned from this resort on Mar 22/14. Beautiful resort. Cons - no coffeemaker in the rooms, no beer in the fridge and no place to have a shower if you are leaving late. We were unable to get a late check-out of our room so we had to go to the Park to shower. The park closes at 5 so make sure you get there before it closes. Also the buffet at the park closes early so you can't get anything to eat after 4. The beach buffet has some food late in the afternoon, enough for a snack but nothing filling. Pros - clean rooms, wonderful staff, grounds are well maintained, the food at the buffets are really good and there is something for everyone. We tried the Japanese and Italian restaurants - both were very good. It was nice not to have vendors travelling the beach all the time trying to sell their goods. I'm an early riser so there was no problem getting beach chairs under the umbrellas. I had emailed the office manager before we traveled to express my concerns about walking a great deal because my husband has bad knees. She was very accommodating and put us in Block I - room 002 on the ground level. This was perfect. Not far from the beach and only a little walk to the buffet. Thank you very much for listening to my concerns. The nightly entertainment was very good - we only manged to get to 3 of the acts because we were so tired. We would definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi fisher50,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort. I’m glad I was able to help you with your request. When there is availability it’s a pleasure to do so.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend another memorable vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Polish first
Hannon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We just came back(March 22-29) from there! We were staying at the tropical suites( superior junior suite). Had to try to write this review as soon as possible, mostly because of the people that are nervous about going there like I was ,after reading negative reviews on here.

I was traveling with my wife and 3 kids(6,5 & 3) and like many of you I emailed Veronique before our arrival. She didn't promise anything and to be honest , we never met her ,because we didn't need her!

This property is HUGE! People were very friendly ! We were very satisfied with everything, food,room,beach,pools,bars,water park ,service etc!

Washrooms are all over the place! Despite the fact that the hotel was PACKED, washrooms were always clean and never too busy!!
We stayed in building L, so to get to the beach,restaurants,pools, water park , we had to do a lot of walking! Kids never complained ,so I won't complain either! If the walking is an issue , then this place is not right for you!
For people outthere with 3+ kids ,that are looking for great place to stay and have fun, like we were, then this hotel is that place!
They were some little things that were a bit annoying , but honestly, not worth mentioning ! We will go back there for sure! I would recommend this hotel to everybody! This hotel gets 4 stars ,only because it is a little outdated. If it was newer, I would give it 5 stars!

We went to many different places before and I always read reviews on this site before I book something. It helped us a lot , but I never took the time to write a review myself. So , there you go. This was my first review and I hope it will help at least someone outthere !?

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi M J,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I’m also happy to hear you didn’t need me, that means everything went great!

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Gatineau, Qc, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Sirenis Tropical, Punta Cana ( 15 to 22 March 2014 )
GREAT HOTEL! !

Airport Transportation : The hotel is located far from the airport. Before the new highway construction , I was hesitant to go because it took about 1 : 15. Now , only 40 minutes and in addition we were in a small van just for our hotel. So no other stops.

Reception: Check In very fast . Friendly employees.

Lobby: Super large lobby with 2 bars. Plenty of places to sit . Busy from 18h . Band some nights of the week. Big sport screen . (only negative, lots of smokers)

Room: On the Tropical side all suites . Large closet and balcony. Proper setting. We had a King bed. Very clean and cleaned regularly. The fridge was stocked with just liquor and water. I asked beer 1 time (with tip) I got it, but just this once. With Transat , our beach towels were already in the room and we had a bottle of RUM .

Site : The site is not too big. Super beautiful gardens, lush vegetation , very well maintained. Many palm trees. Employees always cleaning . Bar throughout the site .

Restaurants: Buffet very good and good varieties . Very good service and always plenty of places to sit . Leaving a few tips, we were always recognized and always well served . We always went to the same place . There are 2 snack bar (buffet ) on the beach that can do the ok, but we preferred to go to the main buffet . There is also a BBQ at the beach, You 're going to smell the cooking all day. ( hamburger, hot dog , chicken)

Specialty restaurants : Very nice and well decorated. The food was good but not fine dining . We tried the Steakhouse , Italian and seafood. The same service and quality everywhere. I loved them all . As in all a la carte restaurants in the south, I felt rushed. Often received our plates and we did not even finish our appertizers.

Beach: Very long and beautiful beach. Extented . Isolated hotel so deserted beach on each side for about 30 minutes. Always room no matter what time you arrive . Lots of palapas. We even had one at 10am . Otherwise, lots of palm trees that can do the job . Only negative , many smokers who throw their cigarets in the sand .....

Sea: Lots of place for swimming. Some places with coral that you can do snorkeling . Many fish you can feed with bread. Lot of waves , but broken by a wall of coral. No beach shoes needed.

Pool: Very long and large swimming pool. Plenty of chairs and palapas available. 2 swim-up bars , one at each end. 1 quieter , the other where the animation happens . Very clean and always cleaned. Large section 7 feet deep. So I recommend that you bring floating stuff because there is almost never anyone there .

Aqua park included : We visited only because we were just 2 adults. Very good and safe . Many places to sit in the shade and spend the day The snack bar (buffet) is included.

I won't comment the shows, we did not attend. Casino same thing.

I recommend this hotel without any hesitation .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi nadonl,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you enjoyed your vacation at the Sirenis!

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as the first one.

Bancroft, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went with a group and had a blast. This place was beautiful. Food was fantastic, bars were amazing. Grounds perfectly manicured. Staff could not do enough to help out. Entertainment was fantastic. One evening the show was Mama Mia. Took our snorkel and flippers and were able to snorkel around the beach in the ocean. The only improvement I could wish for is a coffee bar in the morning to get specialty coffee. The lobby bar has it, but it doesn't open until a little later.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room for the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Tammy D,

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Pros
-beautiful grounds
-amazing pools
-for the most part attentive staff
-waterpark for kids
Cons
-not a great selection for meals
-irritating time share people
-rooms are dated(bathrooms nice though)

We had a good time ( we are easy to please) but I think compared to other places for price we were expecting more. It is great to walk along the beach but they didn't have a lot of chairs/palapas for guests. Also, we had booked two rooms (2 adults and 3 kids) and asked for adjoining rooms with a door between. We were told that adjoining translated to Spanish is "adjacent". Not the best arrangement.
The water park was great; we went when it was just opening and there were only about 10 people there including our family of 5. No wait lines, poolside service and great food!
Great a la carte feature, we liked the Italian best.
Entertainment staff were great. My boys played soccer, volleyball and bocce almost every day.
Bar Staff could be difficult at times, but they were working hard, and if you asked for something they would make it to request.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi jenh33,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to hear you you had a good vacation overall with us. Thank you also for your feedback, as we use it for improving the quality of our services.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Just got home from this resort and we had a great time! We went as a group and had 5 rooms. The staff were great, especially Veronica the manager, who worked hard to make sure we were all together . If you went to bed hungry it was your own fault!!!! There was always plenty of great food available. From fresh fruit and breads to pastas, fish and other interesting dishes. We ate at the Japanese resteraunt which was good. And we ate at the steak house twice - no complaints !!! The tenderloin was perfect! The seafood resteraunt wasn't high on our list of great food. But it was good. The buffet was great! Breakfast, lunch and dinner. As for the pollution ..... Its not the resorts fault. Yes, there was a couple of days where you could smell burning plastic and garbage, but it was early in the morning and it passed over quickly. There isn't anything that the resort can do about that. ALL the staff were friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this resort to everyyone !!! It IS family friendly! ( group ages ranged from 24-50) and we all had a great time! Keep in mind that this country is not as wealthy as Canada or the USA. But the accommodations were 5* in our books !!! Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed March 2014
Hi kb877,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services. I’m happy I was able to accommodate you with your request.

Halifax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was our first time in the Caribbean but definitely not our last. We had a fabulous time at the Sirenis Tropical in Punta Cana March 8 - 15. Our rooms were spacious and within easy walking distance to all the amenities.

The food was good. Our daughter who has celiac (gluten intolerant) had no problem finding food at
the buffets. She had a description of the food she was allowed to eat written in
Spanish. She showed that to whoever was in charge at the buffet or to the wait
staff in the restaurants. At the buffets, they would walk her through the
whole buffet pointing to dishes and indicating if she was allowed to have it.
By the third day, the staff were looking for her at mealtime to walk her through
it. The a la carte restaurants were not so great for gluten free food. A big thank you to Annano, Juana and Santa and Pedro at the buffet who took such good care of us.

Speaking of the a la carte restuarants. We went to three of them and none of them were filled to capacity even though we were told at the time of booking them that they were doing us a huge favor by getting us in. My husband and son enjoyed the steakhouse the most, I thought the vegetarian was the best and my daughter thought the buffets were the best.

We found the staff to be extreme friendly and helpful. They were very patient
with my limited spanish. I carried my spanish dictionary/phrase book with me
everywhere. We found that the bartenders had the best spoken English.

The beach was beautiful and the water was warm. We spent most of our days between the beach and the pool.

The nightly entertainment was good as well.

The only part of the trip we did not enjoy was the pressure to go to a breakfast
where they want to sell you a time share. It was down right harassment. We
couldn't leave our rooms with out them being there.

We did get a late checkout of 6 pm for one of our rooms at a cost of $60. Well
worth the price, since our bus to the airport didn't leave until 7 pm. Regular
check out time is 12 pm.

We have all agreed to go back again next year for March Break.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building H which is half way between the pool and the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Janet V,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m happy to see you and your family had a great holiday with us.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need for your stay next March Break. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!