“Punta Cana -Sirenis Resort Punta Cana Casino & Aquagames” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mississauga, Canada
“Punta Cana -Sirenis Resort Punta Cana Casino & Aquagames”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

A beautiful property with great food, relaxation, and a great waterpark. I would rate this a 4 Resort. The entertainment was AMAZING, Michael Jackson to ABBA, singing along the whole time. The guys in the lobby bar were great, always keeping up with everything and amusing the guests to keep everyone on their toes.
The grounds were beautiful, the walk to the Water Park has goats, donkeys, ducks, swans, and a beautiful pond. Little shops along the way as well.
The staff, well what can I say about the staff - most kind beautiful people who bent over backwards to fullfil your happiness on your vacation.
The In-House Manager, was fantastic -Joaquin Mateo, and the Operations Manager - Luis Gonzalez Lopez, and Teresa are great management, you can see the people who work there are happy, and they actually do their jobs diligently with high professionalism.

I would say the only down side was the way we were invited for a "contest" our first days there, when in fact turned out to be a "time share breakfast" with a relentless Sales Person.
The chairs at the pools were always taken by people who put their towels on the chairs and who show up when they want, therefore leaving no pickings for anyone else. It's just the rudeness of other guests who obviously havent grown up with any manners whatsoever.

Our A/C in our room was not working, but not for long- FIXED!
The BBQ Hut at the beach was great, good chicken,hotdogs & burgers.
All in all, we had a great trip in Punta Cana.

The shopping at the beach was great, so many people do not know about this shop, when you are in the lobby go straight down the main sidewalk to the pools, walk to the sand and take a left. Keep walking till you come to the place, you'll see it -believe me- the best surveniers you could ask for and the pricing was very good, better than going off the resort to the flea markets. Ask for Garicia.

We would return to this resort.
Lyn & Paul -Mississauga, ON Canada

Room Tip: Building A is close to everthing and is in our opinion the best to stay at.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi lynvanpaul01,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. We will make sure all your feedback is taken into consideration in order to improve our services.

I will definitely pass on your comments to all people mentioned as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the shows, the grounds, the water park and the friendliness and kindness of our staff.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Polish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

So much too say that is wonderful, food, staff,atmosphere, service, genuine friendliness of senior staff who try to make your holiday special.The romantic dinner was a delight ,

On the minus side,maid staff are average,and laundry service is good but took 4 attempts for the maid to get it washed.Our one criticism.

Otherwise BRILLIANT holiday,must explain why everyone we met were on there 4th or 5th trip.

WE WILL RETURN ( a particular thank you to Stanly{real name Stalin} and Inis for their assistance )

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hi Steven B,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Stalin and Inis as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend another memorable vacation.

Hawkesbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just got back from 2 weeks at Sirenis and it was great. Hotel is nice, clean, spacious (we had a suite) and although very large it does not come off as crowded. The food was slightly above average but what I liked best was that 24/7 there was good hot food available. We have a 20 month old who would get up at 5:30 or 6:00 and there was an early breakfast starting at 4 or 5 that really helped. Beach was average but we rarely went. To me a beachfront vacation is about playing in the waves with my boys and bodysurfing. Before purchasing the vacation i looked at a lot of photos and it appeared that there were no waves on the beach. I emailed the assistant manager Veronique Gareau and said "from the photos there doesn't appear to be any waves. My 9 year old wants to bodysurf." She replied "yes, your 9 year old will be able to bodysurf". This was a flat out LIE and when I confronted her at the hotel she said she is an avid surfer and lives on the hotel grounds but "didn't realize there weren't any waves at the hotel beach". She assumed that because the giftshop sells boggie boards that there must be waves. This woman would lie to your face with a huge smile on her face. Unbelievable. She offered to arrange a surf trip for my son to "make up for the misunderstanding" and said it would cost $125 ( I would have expected it to be complementary to compensate for lying to me). I said no, too expensive. She came back the next day and said she got it down to $95. When I contacted them directly it was $85. Again, UNBELIEVABLE. She lies to me then offers to help me out and tries to make a profit off it. We did go to Macao beach for surfing and it was awesome but found the "Uvero Alto Surf School" 20 minutes walk north of the hotel to be much better and only $50 for 2 hours (Macao requires a 20 minute taxi ride). The problem with the beach 20 minutes north is that it is an adult only resort and although they would allow my 9 year old to take surf lessons they would not allow him to play in the waves or stay on the beach. We went twice to bodysurf and were immediately asked to leave.
The waterpark was awesome. A toddler section, a 3-8 section and a 8 and over section. Never any lineups. Shaded hammocks between 2 palm trees to relax while the kids play was my heaven.
Our bed was so hard that our fully loaded suitcases didn't even make a dent in them so we asked the concierges for a softer bed. They said no problem they would get a foam cover for us right away. I went to them 2-3 times daily for 4 days before giving up and going to our Air Transat reps and the foam pad arrived within an hour and made a big difference (my wife is 6 months pregnant and I have had back surgery).
We went with Air Transat and they had a direct shuttle to the resort from the hotel that only took 30 minutes with the new highway.
Wifi was only available at reception and at the main pool and that was inconvenient for $50/week.
The hotel staff were very friendly and were super nice to our 20 month old.
I would be tempted to go again because of the waterpark but doubt we will because I've been to over 30 countries and at least a hundred hotels and I have never had to deal with the blatant dishonesty and BS that I got from Veronique Gareau and that really tainted the trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi Mark B,

First of all I’m a little surprised to receive this review after helping you and your son finding another option to make sure you got to do the body surf you wanted during your vacation. I have talked to you throughout your stay and never once you mentioned to me you were unhappy with the options I had giving you or with my help.

I always try to answer clients the best I can with any questions they have and never was it my intention to lie to you in any way. As you will see below, when you e-mailed me, I answered that I THOUGHT on SOME days he would be able to bodysurf:

“1) are there waves on the beach that my 9 year old would be able to body surf on? The waves appear to break far out and not be accessible to swimmers – yes there are waves depending on the days. I think he would be able to body surf”

I really thought that because I see clients using their boogie boards sometimes, even some representatives have these boards to lend to their clients. In the whole Punta Cana area, Uvero Alto (where the hotel is located) is the area with the most waves. On both sides of the hotel, there are 2 good surf beaches.

As per the rates for the Macao Surf School, never in any way I try to make money. I really did this in a nice gesture, going out of my way, to help you out so you could spend a great vacation as I saw your deception with the waves at the hotel. If you go see on the Macao Surf Camp website: http://macaosurfcamp.com/es/surf-lessons/ you will see the exact same rates I gave you so it surprises me they would have told you differently. 2 hour private lessons for US$115 (by the way I had given you the rate of $115 not $125) and 2 hour group lesson for US$95. These rates are with the TRANSPORT included from and to Sirenis (the Uvero Alto Surf School don’t include transport so for sure they are cheaper, a taxi from the hotel to Macao and back is US$60). When you told me US$115 was too expensive, I called back the surf school and they agreed to give you the rate of a group lesson for a private lesson. I didn’t have to do that but did it to help you the best I could. I told them to take good care of you and they even included sandwiches and beverages which are not normally included. The only company that offers surf lessons for US$85 including transport is Coast Riders but they don’t have a surf school on Macao Beach, they just take you there. I didn’t recommend them because I don’t know them well and wanted to make sure you had a great experience. With the Macao Surf School I was certain you were going to have a great time because I experienced it myself.

I apologize if you feel I have lied to you, but by far it was my intention. My goal when I answer clients is to help them as much as I can to make the best decision for them and I answer to the best of my knowledge.

I’m just very disappointed you weren’t able to tell me all this personally when you were here instead of telling me everything was great.

Regards,

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the wonderful experience of our Honeymoon in staying at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resorts. From Guest Services to management, we have savoured the distinguished dedication of a Team
unified around one Theme: Satisfy the Customer. Indeed, Sirenis has captivated our Hearts through its friendly approach, this smiling treatment that will keep you coming back over and over. Thank you for being so great, working beyond the extra mile just to please an unknown guest. We have Been Thrilled of having chosen your paradise for our Honeymoon

Jean& Eveline Etheleau
Kissimmee, Fl 347444
407_5209522

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hi Jean E,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review before but thought I would this time..
We stayed at this resort for 2 weeks...January 27-February 10, 2014...
We did like the resort although upon our arrival some of the reviews I had previously read quickly became true only 2 couples checking in was extremely painful, the length of time it took us it was sad, it was like they weren't expecting us...
Not mentioning how painful it was for us to get a taxi out of the airport 2 couples but 4 golf clubs and 4 pieces of luggage...so painful to watch them pack and repackage and stuff our luggage into the mini van,,,but they eventually did it!
Ok...so we finally get our Safety Deposit fees paid and keys to our room and the porter had been patiently waiting at least an hour for us to check in...we get to our rooms and our friends get into their room BUT our keys do not work the porter tries his master, does not work...he tells us to go back to the front desk we do...they they say they will send someone we wait...and we wait (((thank goodness our friends are next door)))...we wait longer and decide to venture outside and we see a handyman we attempt to describe to him our problem...and he goes into the next room goes through the patio door and climbs through the patio and breaks into our room...we call the front desk and they said they were calling us...ummm but we couldn't get into our room, we painfully watch a service man take apart the door and replace the batteries...whew we are in, 2.5 hours later....Off to eat we go it is 9:30pm we arrived at 6:00pm....

The rooms are fine, dated, beds horribly uncomfortable(2 beds pushed together make a king I guess...kind of a pain but oh well)...but they are nice and clean the maids are great if we ever needed anything she eventually was able to get it to us if not that day the next day...just have to be patient which we were..the grounds were kept clean, the bathrooms by the beach and pool were monitored by a staff member and kept as clean as possible...

Really my biggest complaint was the food...if you wanted any temperature hot food in the buffet you had to eat the fresh made to order pasta...or have a reservation in the Japanese(excellent except for the msg and loads of salt they use) the Italian was great and the Mexican was great too, especially the staff...The Mediterranean was awful and in 2 weeks could not get a reservation at the Steakhouse unless we went to the special anniversary breakfast(timeshare meeting)..not for me...
Again the Beach bar food during the day was so bad always cold...you would be waiting and watching for a fresh pizza or fries to come out of the opening hopes it would be semi warm...
I am not sure why they shut the main buffet down for an hour in the morning either....if you missed the 10am breakfast you had to go to the beach bar where once again cold food was served...yuck cold eggs!

Everywhere we went we got good service always the worst at the buffet getting a beer there was long and painful...but we always got one...we loved to tip and tips were always well deserved the staff work very hard...
I am going to end this with the rude and pushy 'other vacationers'! They were everywhere, at the bar, at the beach at the buffet to the staff it was pretty sad...I sure did not appreciate people not wearing a shirt at the buffet around food or have a cigarette in their mouth in the restaurant so disrespectful! I wish that could have been enforced more by staff, but understand how or why it is difficult...by the second week I was getting pretty disgusted!
I would not go back to the Dominican or this Resort but overall enjoyed my stay and the warmth and am extremely fortunate to be able to get away from our cold Canadian weather! Thanks to the staff at The Sirenis!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hi Annette G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services. I will definitely pass on your great comments to our staff, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues. If you change your mind and decide to come back to our resort, I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The resort in a whole was extremely beautiful. Tons of people always cleaning the beaches, the grounds and the rooms. We weren't a big fan of the food at the buffets, but the a la carte restaurants were pretty good! The Japanese was my husbands' fav, Italian & Vegetarian were my fav. Bartenders were awesome, every single one of them were very friendly. The best bartenders are at the pool-bar beside the steakhouse.. awesome service & friendly! When you go up to get a drink, ask them to make you something special. Every bartender has a special drink that they make you, or shooter! The beaches were immaculate, very beautiful. Tons of huts and loungers along the ocean. Also tons of people who throw their towel on their lounger and do not come back all day, very irritating!! There is a beach bar and beach bbq very close if you choose to lay on the beach. The pools were so clean, same with the poolside. Always someone walking around picking up cups, garbage, etc. Tons of people walking around looking to sell you excursions (horse back riding, dune buggying, or selling pictures of you with their animals). There are little shops to the left of the beach (Dominican Wal-Mart) with some friendly vendors, some not so much. We got a ton of good deals on paintings if you walk down the beach to the right instead of to the left. A very friendly guy who displays his paintings outside in sand. As for the room - it was good to sleep in! We weren't expecting luxury or anything. Could have used more towels, colder fridge, sheets changed more often. The water park is awesome. Not busy at all, there is a buffet and they serve cold beer. We went ziplining (which was AMAZING, highly recommended) and Bavaro Splash Excursion, which was pretty awesome too. Well worth the money.

Overall, had a great stay, and would be back to Punta Cana(da). :)

Room Tip: The closer you get to the beach, the better/colder your fridge is! Upgrade to the ocean view. It is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Trista F,

We thank you very much for your review from our last holiday at our resort. I’m happy to hear you had a great vacation with us and you would definitely come back. As per your suggestions, we will make sure they are taken into consideration in order to improve our services.

Burlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The only thing this property has going for it is the outdoor space. Beach is beautiful, pools are nice and waterpark is well done.

Step inside either to your room or any of the dining options and you will be very disappointed.

Don't believe the star rating, it is not based on quality.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Farrell Trip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it. I’m happy to hear you liked our beautiful beach, the pools and our waterpark.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

As per the rooms, every year, we invest money in different projects to improve them. For example, in the fall 2013, we renovated 200 bathrooms.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.