“Punta Cana -Sirenis Resort Punta Cana Casino & Aquagames” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #60 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Mississauga, Canada
“Punta Cana -Sirenis Resort Punta Cana Casino & Aquagames”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

A beautiful property with great food, relaxation, and a great waterpark. I would rate this a 4 Resort. The entertainment was AMAZING, Michael Jackson to ABBA, singing along the whole time. The guys in the lobby bar were great, always keeping up with everything and amusing the guests to keep everyone on their toes.
The grounds were beautiful, the walk to the Water Park has goats, donkeys, ducks, swans, and a beautiful pond. Little shops along the way as well.
The staff, well what can I say about the staff - most kind beautiful people who bent over backwards to fullfil your happiness on your vacation.
The In-House Manager, was fantastic -Joaquin Mateo, and the Operations Manager - Luis Gonzalez Lopez, and Teresa are great management, you can see the people who work there are happy, and they actually do their jobs diligently with high professionalism.

I would say the only down side was the way we were invited for a "contest" our first days there, when in fact turned out to be a "time share breakfast" with a relentless Sales Person.
The chairs at the pools were always taken by people who put their towels on the chairs and who show up when they want, therefore leaving no pickings for anyone else. It's just the rudeness of other guests who obviously havent grown up with any manners whatsoever.

Our A/C in our room was not working, but not for long- FIXED!
The BBQ Hut at the beach was great, good chicken,hotdogs & burgers.
All in all, we had a great trip in Punta Cana.

The shopping at the beach was great, so many people do not know about this shop, when you are in the lobby go straight down the main sidewalk to the pools, walk to the sand and take a left. Keep walking till you come to the place, you'll see it -believe me- the best surveniers you could ask for and the pricing was very good, better than going off the resort to the flea markets. Ask for Garicia.

We would return to this resort.
Lyn & Paul -Mississauga, ON Canada

Room Tip: Building A is close to everthing and is in our opinion the best to stay at.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi lynvanpaul01,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. We will make sure all your feedback is taken into consideration in order to improve our services.

I will definitely pass on your comments to all people mentioned as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the shows, the grounds, the water park and the friendliness and kindness of our staff.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

2,041 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the wonderful experience of our Honeymoon in staying at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resorts. From Guest Services to management, we have savoured the distinguished dedication of a Team
unified around one Theme: Satisfy the Customer. Indeed, Sirenis has captivated our Hearts through its friendly approach, this smiling treatment that will keep you coming back over and over. Thank you for being so great, working beyond the extra mile just to please an unknown guest. We have Been Thrilled of having chosen your paradise for our Honeymoon

Jean& Eveline Etheleau
Kissimmee, Fl 347444
407_5209522

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hi Jean E,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back, we were there one week and honestly didn't want to leave. The entertainment team are amazing they really made our trip so much better. Alvin, Manuel, Usher and so many more. the service was out of this world! The hotel is beautiful and the food was also good ( I don't recommend the Mexican resto though) If you can reserve at the Japanese one, defiantly worth it! so all in all if you are looking to have a good time this is the place to go!

Room Tip: choose a suite if possible...they are larger and more modern.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Jessica A,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Alvin, Manuel and Usher as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, the service, the food, and especially the entertainment team.

Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I decided to go back to Punta Cana and The Sirenis tropical, we had been here 4 years ago and enjoyed ourselves then. This time however we could not believe how little effort was made to provide a decent and enjoyable menu. The menu was less than High school cafeteria quality very little variety from day to day. Over all it is still a nice resort for the price but if you enjoy food you might look to another resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Norm D,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t like the food as much as expected. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services. However, I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed the resort overall.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I can't say that I have one bad thing to say. This was our third trip to this resort,first time with friends. I think they were unbelievably impressed. The staff,Jency at the pool bar and Veronica went above and beyond to make this an unforgetable trip. ALL THE STAFF for that matter. Rooms were nice with a great view. Food in the buffet plus restaurants was fantastic. Dinks were delicious.The casino paid for one friends trip. The shows were fun. We all can't wait to go back next year. A vacation is as fun as you make it and for us we had the best time ever (again)...Recommend this!!

• Stayed January 2014
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hi SmudgesO,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I’m glad we were able to make this trip, an unforgettable trip for you and your friends.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next trip to our resort. It will be a pleasure ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis Team!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were at Sienis from Jan. 25 until Feb. 1st 2014.
There was no delay getting to the van to take us to the hotel. We were greeted at the hotel with an non-alcoholic drink and wet face cloths.
Our luggage was taken to our room while we met with our concierge. He showed us the different
buffet restaurants and made reservations for the gourmet ones.
Our room was fine. A bit dated but except for sleeping and changing clothes we weren't in it much. Mattress seemed brand new, not so the pillows.
Every employee was extremely friendly. All were hard working. No one chatted on cell phones or looked bothered when you had a question...unlike here in the US.
There were activities scheduled all day long. We didn't have children with us, we're in our 70's, but there seemed to be plenty for them to do both there and at the Aguagames park. We even tried that!
Very nice gym a short walk away.
The food was good. My husband is on a gluten free diet and Raul made sure all of the restaurants knew that. He even wrote the banned ingredients out in Spanish for us to show.

The only mess up was that they had a wrong departure time for us in their computer. I like to be prepared in case the van got a flat tire or there was a traffic jam, that's a joke, very little traffic.
I did write to them stressing that 4 hours are needed at the airport.

A big disappointment was that I didn't find out until the last day that cappuchinos were available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Noreen B,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I will definitely pass on your reviews to our staff, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. And hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our cappuccinos all week.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travelled with my 16 year old son from Dec 20 - 27 2013.
We arrived from the airport in the afternoon with several other families and it was like they were surprised to see us. Even the reception staff didn't seem to know which desk we should check in at. Once we finally sorted that out our room wasn't ready and we were told to go eat lunch before the buffet closed. After we ate and took a look around we returned to check in but our room still wasn't ready, I asked for the room number at least so we could book a table for Christmas Eve dinner and the a la carte restaurants but even that was hard to get.
When we finally did get the chance to make our reservations the Concierge told us that the resort was very busy and that it might be tough to get reservations to the restaurants we wanted. After I promised to attend a "special breakfast" with him space seemed to miraculously appear at precisely the times we had requested. Of course, I wasn't surprised to see empty tables at all of the restaurants we visited.
The special breakfast was a "90 min tour and VIP offer" that took almost three hours of several very aggressive sales people pushing the premium travelers club membership. Many promises were made that seemed too good to be true and that is because they weren't and as such didn't show up in the final contract.
Another unpleasant experience was walking the gauntlet of local artisans as they try to sell you their tshirts, jewelry and paintings every other night. They are positioned right along the main walkway to and from dinner so we had to find a back way to the lobby just so we could eat.
The bar service was fine except that everyone seemed to expect a tip every time they did anything for you and you could end up waiting a while for a beer if they couldn't see the $ in your hand.
The food was okay and neither of us got sick so that was a bonus, but there wasn't much variety at the buffets from day to day. The Asian Restaurant was a lot of fun, the steakhouse was good but the Italian restaurant took so long to serve us that my son left for the buffet and came back later to take his pizza to go.
Even though our package included a junior suite the service wasn't overly impressive. The attention to detail was in direct proportion to the tip left that day They seemed to do housekeeping in waves so throughout the day the room was in various sates of cleanliness. For some reason the clean towels did not make it back to our room in time for pre-dinner showers. Eventually we made sure that we had clean beach towels after our day at the pool.

We won't be returning to this resort and I don't recommend it. There are more than twenty other resorts between the airport and Sirenis and I am confident that next year we will be happier.

Room Tip: Don't even bother trying they just put you anywhere that suits them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi VIPNomore,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!