“Sirenis, An Exceptional Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #71 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kissimmee, Florida
“Sirenis, An Exceptional Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the wonderful experience of our Honeymoon in staying at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resorts. From Guest Services to management, we have savoured the distinguished dedication of a Team
unified around one Theme: Satisfy the Customer. Indeed, Sirenis has captivated our Hearts through its friendly approach, this smiling treatment that will keep you coming back over and over. Thank you for being so great, working beyond the extra mile just to please an unknown guest. We have Been Thrilled of having chosen your paradise for our Honeymoon

Jean& Eveline Etheleau
Kissimmee, Fl 347444
407_5209522

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hi Jean E,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review before but thought I would this time..
We stayed at this resort for 2 weeks...January 27-February 10, 2014...
We did like the resort although upon our arrival some of the reviews I had previously read quickly became true only 2 couples checking in was extremely painful, the length of time it took us it was sad, it was like they weren't expecting us...
Not mentioning how painful it was for us to get a taxi out of the airport 2 couples but 4 golf clubs and 4 pieces of luggage...so painful to watch them pack and repackage and stuff our luggage into the mini van,,,but they eventually did it!
Ok...so we finally get our Safety Deposit fees paid and keys to our room and the porter had been patiently waiting at least an hour for us to check in...we get to our rooms and our friends get into their room BUT our keys do not work the porter tries his master, does not work...he tells us to go back to the front desk we do...they they say they will send someone we wait...and we wait (((thank goodness our friends are next door)))...we wait longer and decide to venture outside and we see a handyman we attempt to describe to him our problem...and he goes into the next room goes through the patio door and climbs through the patio and breaks into our room...we call the front desk and they said they were calling us...ummm but we couldn't get into our room, we painfully watch a service man take apart the door and replace the batteries...whew we are in, 2.5 hours later....Off to eat we go it is 9:30pm we arrived at 6:00pm....

The rooms are fine, dated, beds horribly uncomfortable(2 beds pushed together make a king I guess...kind of a pain but oh well)...but they are nice and clean the maids are great if we ever needed anything she eventually was able to get it to us if not that day the next day...just have to be patient which we were..the grounds were kept clean, the bathrooms by the beach and pool were monitored by a staff member and kept as clean as possible...

Really my biggest complaint was the food...if you wanted any temperature hot food in the buffet you had to eat the fresh made to order pasta...or have a reservation in the Japanese(excellent except for the msg and loads of salt they use) the Italian was great and the Mexican was great too, especially the staff...The Mediterranean was awful and in 2 weeks could not get a reservation at the Steakhouse unless we went to the special anniversary breakfast(timeshare meeting)..not for me...
Again the Beach bar food during the day was so bad always cold...you would be waiting and watching for a fresh pizza or fries to come out of the opening hopes it would be semi warm...
I am not sure why they shut the main buffet down for an hour in the morning either....if you missed the 10am breakfast you had to go to the beach bar where once again cold food was served...yuck cold eggs!

Everywhere we went we got good service always the worst at the buffet getting a beer there was long and painful...but we always got one...we loved to tip and tips were always well deserved the staff work very hard...
I am going to end this with the rude and pushy 'other vacationers'! They were everywhere, at the bar, at the beach at the buffet to the staff it was pretty sad...I sure did not appreciate people not wearing a shirt at the buffet around food or have a cigarette in their mouth in the restaurant so disrespectful! I wish that could have been enforced more by staff, but understand how or why it is difficult...by the second week I was getting pretty disgusted!
I would not go back to the Dominican or this Resort but overall enjoyed my stay and the warmth and am extremely fortunate to be able to get away from our cold Canadian weather! Thanks to the staff at The Sirenis!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hi Annette G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services. I will definitely pass on your great comments to our staff, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues. If you change your mind and decide to come back to our resort, I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The resort in a whole was extremely beautiful. Tons of people always cleaning the beaches, the grounds and the rooms. We weren't a big fan of the food at the buffets, but the a la carte restaurants were pretty good! The Japanese was my husbands' fav, Italian & Vegetarian were my fav. Bartenders were awesome, every single one of them were very friendly. The best bartenders are at the pool-bar beside the steakhouse.. awesome service & friendly! When you go up to get a drink, ask them to make you something special. Every bartender has a special drink that they make you, or shooter! The beaches were immaculate, very beautiful. Tons of huts and loungers along the ocean. Also tons of people who throw their towel on their lounger and do not come back all day, very irritating!! There is a beach bar and beach bbq very close if you choose to lay on the beach. The pools were so clean, same with the poolside. Always someone walking around picking up cups, garbage, etc. Tons of people walking around looking to sell you excursions (horse back riding, dune buggying, or selling pictures of you with their animals). There are little shops to the left of the beach (Dominican Wal-Mart) with some friendly vendors, some not so much. We got a ton of good deals on paintings if you walk down the beach to the right instead of to the left. A very friendly guy who displays his paintings outside in sand. As for the room - it was good to sleep in! We weren't expecting luxury or anything. Could have used more towels, colder fridge, sheets changed more often. The water park is awesome. Not busy at all, there is a buffet and they serve cold beer. We went ziplining (which was AMAZING, highly recommended) and Bavaro Splash Excursion, which was pretty awesome too. Well worth the money.

Overall, had a great stay, and would be back to Punta Cana(da). :)

Room Tip: The closer you get to the beach, the better/colder your fridge is! Upgrade to the ocean view. It is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Trista F,

We thank you very much for your review from our last holiday at our resort. I’m happy to hear you had a great vacation with us and you would definitely come back. As per your suggestions, we will make sure they are taken into consideration in order to improve our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend another memorable vacation.

Burlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The only thing this property has going for it is the outdoor space. Beach is beautiful, pools are nice and waterpark is well done.

Step inside either to your room or any of the dining options and you will be very disappointed.

Don't believe the star rating, it is not based on quality.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Farrell Trip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it. I’m happy to hear you liked our beautiful beach, the pools and our waterpark.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

As per the rooms, every year, we invest money in different projects to improve them. For example, in the fall 2013, we renovated 200 bathrooms.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Des Plaines, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have visited Sirenis in Feb 2014. This was our second trip to Punta Cana but it was our first to Sirenis. We traveled with our 5 year old son. We received unlimited access to Sirenis water park that is within walking distance from the resort. We stayed in the Tropical side of the resort and really liked our room. It was quie a walk from the bufet but close to the swiming pools and the beach. We loved it.
Food - not much to choose from but will not be walking hungry. There is always something available.
Beach & Pool - great, nice and clean.
Activities - plenty to keep everyone busy and the entertaiment staff tried very hard to keep people engaged. We have purchased a horseback riding from a person on the beach - had to pay cash but it was half price of the travel agency and it was great well worth it.
Room - could use some updating but they were clean, beds a little squiky but quite comfortable. refrigerator with plenty of beverages. Only on last day we had no water in the shower.
Shopping - There was not a lot of shopping available around but at the south end of the beach we found place that we got shppping done for the fracture of the price available at the resort ( had to pay cash but you can also try to bargin)

Overall great vacation for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the troical site in Q bulding...close to pools and the beach. From 11am till 4pm you ca...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi AniaPAZ,

Thank you for your great comments and constructive feedback. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

Columbus Grove, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

On the negative side this place may be sub-standard to others we stayed including their own Mexico site. The food quality was not that great in the snack bars, the buffet was average. The pool areas were not cleaned by morning nor the beaches were picked. No coffee creamer in the room or an alarm clock. The A/C leaked from the ceiling even after an attempt to repair. Water from the tub/shower flooded the floor due to no curtain. a dead cockroach in the patio door slide and asked several times to get wash clothes. The bikes were junk and need of repair. Ran short on beach towels availability couple times. it took long times to get a beer in the restraunts for some reason. Depending how you travel here you may have to pay for some of the amentities, ie: safe, internet ect.
Good News: The staff were very friendly and quick to check in and answer questions. Room was kept well everyday despite a musty odor..grounds well kept and manicured. Massages were great and beach was close to pool area. Bar tenders did a good job but used a lesser quality alcohol except for bar in main lobby..had top shelf. warm climate despite daily short rains. The water park was really nice but not close to other actiivities.

Room Tip: "S" building is close to pool and beach with great view of ocean..If you own here you may...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi jimb0b12,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, the massages, the bartenders and our water park. As per your other comments, they will help us improve the quality of the services we offer.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back, we were there one week and honestly didn't want to leave. The entertainment team are amazing they really made our trip so much better. Alvin, Manuel, Usher and so many more. the service was out of this world! The hotel is beautiful and the food was also good ( I don't recommend the Mexican resto though) If you can reserve at the Japanese one, defiantly worth it! so all in all if you are looking to have a good time this is the place to go!

Room Tip: choose a suite if possible...they are larger and more modern.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Jessica A,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Alvin, Manuel and Usher as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, the service, the food, and especially the entertainment team.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!