“Second time in 5 years and last time.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #69 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Barrie, Canada
“Second time in 5 years and last time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I decided to go back to Punta Cana and The Sirenis tropical, we had been here 4 years ago and enjoyed ourselves then. This time however we could not believe how little effort was made to provide a decent and enjoyable menu. The menu was less than High school cafeteria quality very little variety from day to day. Over all it is still a nice resort for the price but if you enjoy food you might look to another resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Norm D,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t like the food as much as expected. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services. However, I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed the resort overall.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had a great time! Nothing bad to say about the resort. Rooms could use a bit of updating, however they were clean and comfortable. We had read that pillows were like cotton balls so we packed new cheaper pillows which we just left behind. Loved that our suite had a door from sitting area and also a patio door from bedroom. (so u could go sit on balcony from sitting room and not disturb a late sleeper). Wifi was iffy at times, sometimes would cut out but for holiday use it was fine! We were lucky enough that sometimes we were even able to get it at our room. Buffet was like any other resort ( not always the best choices, but always something to eat) A la carts that we had were great! Staff is friendly. Transat rep was fantastic, not pushy to sell excursions, but willing to help and went above and beyond her duties. Thanks Anna.
I am not sure what some people expect? (some want champange service on a beer budget) Go and relax and enjoy the sun and culture and dont sweat the small stuff and u will have a great trip. Also water park was a fun afternoon.

Room Tip: section T is closest to ocean, with most rooms there having a ocean view. We were in section N and h...
Hi trailertrashsandy,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your great comments.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you have as much of a good time as your first vacation.

Forest Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I can't say that I have one bad thing to say. This was our third trip to this resort,first time with friends. I think they were unbelievably impressed. The staff,Jency at the pool bar and Veronica went above and beyond to make this an unforgetable trip. ALL THE STAFF for that matter. Rooms were nice with a great view. Food in the buffet plus restaurants was fantastic. Dinks were delicious.The casino paid for one friends trip. The shows were fun. We all can't wait to go back next year. A vacation is as fun as you make it and for us we had the best time ever (again)...Recommend this!!

• Stayed January 2014
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hi SmudgesO,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I’m glad we were able to make this trip, an unforgettable trip for you and your friends.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next trip to our resort. It will be a pleasure ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis Team!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were at Sienis from Jan. 25 until Feb. 1st 2014.
There was no delay getting to the van to take us to the hotel. We were greeted at the hotel with an non-alcoholic drink and wet face cloths.
Our luggage was taken to our room while we met with our concierge. He showed us the different
buffet restaurants and made reservations for the gourmet ones.
Our room was fine. A bit dated but except for sleeping and changing clothes we weren't in it much. Mattress seemed brand new, not so the pillows.
Every employee was extremely friendly. All were hard working. No one chatted on cell phones or looked bothered when you had a question...unlike here in the US.
There were activities scheduled all day long. We didn't have children with us, we're in our 70's, but there seemed to be plenty for them to do both there and at the Aguagames park. We even tried that!
Very nice gym a short walk away.
The food was good. My husband is on a gluten free diet and Raul made sure all of the restaurants knew that. He even wrote the banned ingredients out in Spanish for us to show.

The only mess up was that they had a wrong departure time for us in their computer. I like to be prepared in case the van got a flat tire or there was a traffic jam, that's a joke, very little traffic.
I did write to them stressing that 4 hours are needed at the airport.

A big disappointment was that I didn't find out until the last day that cappuchinos were available.

Hi Noreen B,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I will definitely pass on your reviews to our staff, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. And hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our cappuccinos all week.

Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I don't know where to start. I read all these bad reviews and I can't understand why!! I returned from Sirenis on the 21st of January. My wife and I, along with our 2 kids(5&6)had an amazing time. I was worried from the bad reviews, but that all changed once I got to the resort. We arrived at Sirenis at 11:40pm, it was 45 min from the airport. We were greeted with a cold drink, check in was fast and we walked to our room along with the baggage guy. Yes, the rooms are dated, but I didn't go to DR to spend time in my room. We were in the R building, which was super close to the beach and pool. The grounds are absolutely amazing! I thought the food was great with a lot of variety. My kids are the pickiest eaters and they ate well! I ate more food than I expected, because it was so good. So having to walk a little extra was worth it. Most resorts in DR have long walks! With the younger family, we were bouncing around from the waterpark, to the beach and the pool. All were absolutely amazing! My son was up and down the big tower in the waterpark many times. We felt safe, that we let them go and do what they wanted. Jonathon and the boys at the pool bar(tropical side)are fabulous! That's where we hung out when we were at the pool and I do have to say, the majority of the people around that area were English speaking Canadians. The nightly shows were great, lots of interaction with the guests. My daughter was loving the shows and would stay up to watch them, they don't start until 9:30! I found staff very friendly. I was approached once from the time share people, I declined and was not hassled again. The flea market that they set up was good, and again was not hassled. We went on one excursion, we did the stingray bay and swim with the sharks. Had a great time! But remember, this resort is not on Bavaro Beach. If you plan to do a lot of excursions, you have a lot of travel time! If you want to see tropical fish, get a snorkel and mask. The dark spots in the ocean are Corel rock! Get a bun from the buffet and go feed the fish. My kids thought it was amazing and it wasn't to deep! I could keep on writing about the amazing experience we had at Sirenis. We would return! Thank you Sirenis, for an amazing vacation!!!

Hi Bryan T,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everything was great. The room was spacious and clean. Buffet had a lot of choices. We enjoyed the Japanese and Italian restaurants. The beach was perfect and had plenty of lounge chairs. Service was good also. Keep in mind the hotel is big so it's could be a lot of walking but we love to walk after diner so it's was great for us.

Hi volchitza,

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have no complaints with this resort. The food was great the service was great. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were great. The grounds were very clean the pools were very clean.
If i had to pick something to complain about was there was alot of walking.

Hi Baker35,
First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive your great review as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in our Sirenis Family.