“First Caribbean trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Richmond, Virginia
“First Caribbean trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were at Sienis from Jan. 25 until Feb. 1st 2014.
There was no delay getting to the van to take us to the hotel. We were greeted at the hotel with an non-alcoholic drink and wet face cloths.
Our luggage was taken to our room while we met with our concierge. He showed us the different
buffet restaurants and made reservations for the gourmet ones.
Our room was fine. A bit dated but except for sleeping and changing clothes we weren't in it much. Mattress seemed brand new, not so the pillows.
Every employee was extremely friendly. All were hard working. No one chatted on cell phones or looked bothered when you had a question...unlike here in the US.
There were activities scheduled all day long. We didn't have children with us, we're in our 70's, but there seemed to be plenty for them to do both there and at the Aguagames park. We even tried that!
Very nice gym a short walk away.
The food was good. My husband is on a gluten free diet and Raul made sure all of the restaurants knew that. He even wrote the banned ingredients out in Spanish for us to show.

The only mess up was that they had a wrong departure time for us in their computer. I like to be prepared in case the van got a flat tire or there was a traffic jam, that's a joke, very little traffic.
I did write to them stressing that 4 hours are needed at the airport.

A big disappointment was that I didn't find out until the last day that cappuchinos were available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hi Noreen B,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I will definitely pass on your reviews to our staff, they always like to see their hard work pays off.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. And hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy our cappuccinos all week.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I don't know where to start. I read all these bad reviews and I can't understand why!! I returned from Sirenis on the 21st of January. My wife and I, along with our 2 kids(5&6)had an amazing time. I was worried from the bad reviews, but that all changed once I got to the resort. We arrived at Sirenis at 11:40pm, it was 45 min from the airport. We were greeted with a cold drink, check in was fast and we walked to our room along with the baggage guy. Yes, the rooms are dated, but I didn't go to DR to spend time in my room. We were in the R building, which was super close to the beach and pool. The grounds are absolutely amazing! I thought the food was great with a lot of variety. My kids are the pickiest eaters and they ate well! I ate more food than I expected, because it was so good. So having to walk a little extra was worth it. Most resorts in DR have long walks! With the younger family, we were bouncing around from the waterpark, to the beach and the pool. All were absolutely amazing! My son was up and down the big tower in the waterpark many times. We felt safe, that we let them go and do what they wanted. Jonathon and the boys at the pool bar(tropical side)are fabulous! That's where we hung out when we were at the pool and I do have to say, the majority of the people around that area were English speaking Canadians. The nightly shows were great, lots of interaction with the guests. My daughter was loving the shows and would stay up to watch them, they don't start until 9:30! I found staff very friendly. I was approached once from the time share people, I declined and was not hassled again. The flea market that they set up was good, and again was not hassled. We went on one excursion, we did the stingray bay and swim with the sharks. Had a great time! But remember, this resort is not on Bavaro Beach. If you plan to do a lot of excursions, you have a lot of travel time! If you want to see tropical fish, get a snorkel and mask. The dark spots in the ocean are Corel rock! Get a bun from the buffet and go feed the fish. My kids thought it was amazing and it wasn't to deep! I could keep on writing about the amazing experience we had at Sirenis. We would return! Thank you Sirenis, for an amazing vacation!!!

Hi Bryan T,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you have as much of a good time as your first vacation.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everything was great. The room was spacious and clean. Buffet had a lot of choices. We enjoyed the Japanese and Italian restaurants. The beach was perfect and had plenty of lounge chairs. Service was good also. Keep in mind the hotel is big so it's could be a lot of walking but we love to walk after diner so it's was great for us.

Hi volchitza,

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have no complaints with this resort. The food was great the service was great. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were great. The grounds were very clean the pools were very clean.
If i had to pick something to complain about was there was alot of walking.

Hi Baker35,
First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive your great review as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in our Sirenis Family.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travelled with my 16 year old son from Dec 20 - 27 2013.
We arrived from the airport in the afternoon with several other families and it was like they were surprised to see us. Even the reception staff didn't seem to know which desk we should check in at. Once we finally sorted that out our room wasn't ready and we were told to go eat lunch before the buffet closed. After we ate and took a look around we returned to check in but our room still wasn't ready, I asked for the room number at least so we could book a table for Christmas Eve dinner and the a la carte restaurants but even that was hard to get.
When we finally did get the chance to make our reservations the Concierge told us that the resort was very busy and that it might be tough to get reservations to the restaurants we wanted. After I promised to attend a "special breakfast" with him space seemed to miraculously appear at precisely the times we had requested. Of course, I wasn't surprised to see empty tables at all of the restaurants we visited.
The special breakfast was a "90 min tour and VIP offer" that took almost three hours of several very aggressive sales people pushing the premium travelers club membership. Many promises were made that seemed too good to be true and that is because they weren't and as such didn't show up in the final contract.
Another unpleasant experience was walking the gauntlet of local artisans as they try to sell you their tshirts, jewelry and paintings every other night. They are positioned right along the main walkway to and from dinner so we had to find a back way to the lobby just so we could eat.
The bar service was fine except that everyone seemed to expect a tip every time they did anything for you and you could end up waiting a while for a beer if they couldn't see the $ in your hand.
The food was okay and neither of us got sick so that was a bonus, but there wasn't much variety at the buffets from day to day. The Asian Restaurant was a lot of fun, the steakhouse was good but the Italian restaurant took so long to serve us that my son left for the buffet and came back later to take his pizza to go.
Even though our package included a junior suite the service wasn't overly impressive. The attention to detail was in direct proportion to the tip left that day They seemed to do housekeeping in waves so throughout the day the room was in various sates of cleanliness. For some reason the clean towels did not make it back to our room in time for pre-dinner showers. Eventually we made sure that we had clean beach towels after our day at the pool.

We won't be returning to this resort and I don't recommend it. There are more than twenty other resorts between the airport and Sirenis and I am confident that next year we will be happier.

Room Tip: Don't even bother trying they just put you anywhere that suits them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi VIPNomore,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was an incredible experience I was appalled with the poor and incompetency of the services at this resort. The food was horrible and they served the same bad food daily for Lunch & Dinner. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. The pictures displayed on the website shows a nice, clean and updated Resort. The furniture was old outdated and broken or scratched up and keep in my this was the Junior suites. They had construction being done in the early morning hours 7 am which disrupted my sleep daily. The management staff was rude and unprofessional; not to mention liars. They never kept their word when they advise they will contact you in regards to issues and/or concerns very dismissive. The Travel Agency Vacation Store Miami was just as unprofessional, rude, and liars as well. They were no help with any of my concerns. They never responded to emails nor phone calls. I would not recommend this Resort to my worst enemy. I had to contact the B.B.B and file and official complaint in regards to the horrible Travel Agency Vacation Store Miami since I had no recourse with the awful Resort. I was not please at all. Please be warned!!!! January 2014 Worst Vacation Ever!!!

Room Tip: Rooms located at the Ocean view are better!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Marshall522,
First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. We take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer.

ghent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If we look at the very mixed reviews on here i suppose it's better not to discuss "tastes or colours" and i always keep in mind that there are people who are never satisfied. I suggest that they stay home in their safe zone. :-)
As for us : We had a very nice time at the resort. The layout of the buildings is spacious and the entire resort is very clean. Some of the infrastructure is old, but well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
For an all inclusive hotel we cannot complain about the quality nor variety of the food, and we feel an effort was made to satisfy.

though : here are some tips to avoid frustration :
first : If you like to have wine during dinner : buy yourself a bottle from the winecard. Cheapest will be around 700 pesos, but at least it's a real wine and not the sangria-ish lemonade that's served within the all inclusive. This counts as well for the white as the red.
second : Wifi is freakingly expensive. I think it's cheaper to buy a local sim-card with let's say 1gb of traffic.
third : Taking a walk on the beach, away from the hotel leads to nowhere, and is even forbidden at night. (we tried and we were stopped by the security, probably for our own safety).

so that's my 3 tips on enhancing your stay in an already very nice place, that ofcourse has the beautiful weather, the sea and the palm trees for which -at the end- we are all going !

Room Tip: we had a suite in the q block. Suites are well located. The smaller rooms are close to the epicentr...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi lemondedumas,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about our resort with everyone. I’m glad to see you had a great time and that you’ve enjoyed the resort overall. I really appreciate also your suggestions on improvements as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you spend a great vacation.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!