“Members only if you want the good service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Members only if you want the good service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travelled with my 16 year old son from Dec 20 - 27 2013.
We arrived from the airport in the afternoon with several other families and it was like they were surprised to see us. Even the reception staff didn't seem to know which desk we should check in at. Once we finally sorted that out our room wasn't ready and we were told to go eat lunch before the buffet closed. After we ate and took a look around we returned to check in but our room still wasn't ready, I asked for the room number at least so we could book a table for Christmas Eve dinner and the a la carte restaurants but even that was hard to get.
When we finally did get the chance to make our reservations the Concierge told us that the resort was very busy and that it might be tough to get reservations to the restaurants we wanted. After I promised to attend a "special breakfast" with him space seemed to miraculously appear at precisely the times we had requested. Of course, I wasn't surprised to see empty tables at all of the restaurants we visited.
The special breakfast was a "90 min tour and VIP offer" that took almost three hours of several very aggressive sales people pushing the premium travelers club membership. Many promises were made that seemed too good to be true and that is because they weren't and as such didn't show up in the final contract.
Another unpleasant experience was walking the gauntlet of local artisans as they try to sell you their tshirts, jewelry and paintings every other night. They are positioned right along the main walkway to and from dinner so we had to find a back way to the lobby just so we could eat.
The bar service was fine except that everyone seemed to expect a tip every time they did anything for you and you could end up waiting a while for a beer if they couldn't see the $ in your hand.
The food was okay and neither of us got sick so that was a bonus, but there wasn't much variety at the buffets from day to day. The Asian Restaurant was a lot of fun, the steakhouse was good but the Italian restaurant took so long to serve us that my son left for the buffet and came back later to take his pizza to go.
Even though our package included a junior suite the service wasn't overly impressive. The attention to detail was in direct proportion to the tip left that day They seemed to do housekeeping in waves so throughout the day the room was in various sates of cleanliness. For some reason the clean towels did not make it back to our room in time for pre-dinner showers. Eventually we made sure that we had clean beach towels after our day at the pool.

We won't be returning to this resort and I don't recommend it. There are more than twenty other resorts between the airport and Sirenis and I am confident that next year we will be happier.

Room Tip: Don't even bother trying they just put you anywhere that suits them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi VIPNomore,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was an incredible experience I was appalled with the poor and incompetency of the services at this resort. The food was horrible and they served the same bad food daily for Lunch & Dinner. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. The pictures displayed on the website shows a nice, clean and updated Resort. The furniture was old outdated and broken or scratched up and keep in my this was the Junior suites. They had construction being done in the early morning hours 7 am which disrupted my sleep daily. The management staff was rude and unprofessional; not to mention liars. They never kept their word when they advise they will contact you in regards to issues and/or concerns very dismissive. The Travel Agency Vacation Store Miami was just as unprofessional, rude, and liars as well. They were no help with any of my concerns. They never responded to emails nor phone calls. I would not recommend this Resort to my worst enemy. I had to contact the B.B.B and file and official complaint in regards to the horrible Travel Agency Vacation Store Miami since I had no recourse with the awful Resort. I was not please at all. Please be warned!!!! January 2014 Worst Vacation Ever!!!

Room Tip: Rooms located at the Ocean view are better!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Marshall522,
First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. We take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer.

ghent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If we look at the very mixed reviews on here i suppose it's better not to discuss "tastes or colours" and i always keep in mind that there are people who are never satisfied. I suggest that they stay home in their safe zone. :-)
As for us : We had a very nice time at the resort. The layout of the buildings is spacious and the entire resort is very clean. Some of the infrastructure is old, but well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
For an all inclusive hotel we cannot complain about the quality nor variety of the food, and we feel an effort was made to satisfy.

though : here are some tips to avoid frustration :
first : If you like to have wine during dinner : buy yourself a bottle from the winecard. Cheapest will be around 700 pesos, but at least it's a real wine and not the sangria-ish lemonade that's served within the all inclusive. This counts as well for the white as the red.
second : Wifi is freakingly expensive. I think it's cheaper to buy a local sim-card with let's say 1gb of traffic.
third : Taking a walk on the beach, away from the hotel leads to nowhere, and is even forbidden at night. (we tried and we were stopped by the security, probably for our own safety).

so that's my 3 tips on enhancing your stay in an already very nice place, that ofcourse has the beautiful weather, the sea and the palm trees for which -at the end- we are all going !

Room Tip: we had a suite in the q block. Suites are well located. The smaller rooms are close to the epicentr...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi lemondedumas,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about our resort with everyone. I’m glad to see you had a great time and that you’ve enjoyed the resort overall. I really appreciate also your suggestions on improvements as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you spend a great vacation.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

First of all, I don't see where previous Guests complained about Service, cleanliness, food etc. There were 24 of us for a wedding Jan11/14, & the Resort was GORGEOUS & VERY CLEAN!!! Trust me , I'm old & picky, when it comes to where I spend my Pension, but Sirenis was Perfect.You must go to the Pool Bar by the SteakHouse. Cherrym Johnathan, Domenica & their co-workers are the BEST & Friendliest People around. Louis, Martin etc are the most Capable staff I've ever encountered in my Travels.Food was awesome, people were Awesome,& the Staff was more than willing to help. Check Out needs to Improve, but other than that ,I am definitely ging back to see my new Friends , the Bartenders, Cherry, Domenica?, Johnathan, Charlie & Martin &Louis!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hi Chris B,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Cherrym, Johnathan, Domenica, Charlie, Martin & Louis as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was reading all the negative reviews, and will disagree with them. Our room was clean and the bedding was clean. The food was very good. Such a wide selection available. We were able to eat at restaurants six out of the seven nights we were there. We were not disappointed in any of the selections. The tenderloin at the steakhouse was the best I've ever eaten. It basically melted in my mouth because it was so tender. When you eat at the buffet, go early to make sure the food is fresh. We arrived around 5:00 p.m. and had only one hour before the buffet closed to get ready for dinner. Since we were starving (no snacks on our flight), we needed to eat something prior to dinner. The food was a little stale from sitting out for quite some time. That's the only negative thing about the food. The staff was very pleasant. Sure there is a language barrier, but that is to be expected. Do not go to the "special breakfast" where you can win a week's stay for free. They want to sell you a time-share. Politely decline. You will get pressured, but that's their job. Had a problem getting clean towels. The couple we travelled with didn't get clean towels for two days and their phone didn't work. We went only a half day without clean towels. Didn't matter because we were always at the pool. Do not drink the water. They provided bottled water at no additional cost. Make sure you drink it so you stay hydrated and don't get sick from the tap water. I would highly recommend Sirenis. If we go again to Punta Cana, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. No elevators, but more private than first floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Judy F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us as well as your suggestions. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been there in 2011. So it may have changed, but the recent reviews tell me not.

First: It's been 3 years now, and the clothes I bring there are still smelling the horrible smell of moisture in the room. This is not a clean hotel. Stains on the walls everywhere.

Second: People there will loose so much of your time trying to sell you timeshare. They say they are hotel staff and they want to help you book some a la carte restaurants, but it is completely false!

Third: Food is not good. It is the industrial kind of food (as are the beverages). Completely dried pancakes on the morning, reheated-not-that-fresh food overall. The a la carte are a bit better, but nothing was satisfying for us.

Fourth: The beach is great, but lots of big waves. As soon as you leave the resort to take a walk though, the beach is completely covered with trash. I think that this country should try to do better in trash management. It should be a crime to do what they do because they obviously put everything directly in the ocean. I've been in Antigua and Barbuda and in Mexico. Never saw that elsewhere.

It was my only trip to Dominican Republic. I will not return. I prefer to pay a little more and to go somewhere else where you can find peace and good food. They should be able to do a lot better. I know this is a cheap travel. Keep in mind that it is what you will get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi emilie2816,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

As per the cleanliness of the beach, we definitely have a team that maintains our beach clean in the parameters of the resort. For the rest of our beaches in Dominican Republic, we have days throughout the year where the community puts all their efforts together and every resort and local companies have a specific area assigned to clean. Every year there is less and less trash as it show the constant efforts of the community to keep their beaches clean.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues in more details or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Mountain Grove, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family went the week of January 8-15 myself and my 4 kids to my sisters wedding it was a beautiful resort with a water park that is on the property the kids really enjoyed food was good always had something went to 2 a la carts steak house and Mexican they were good the buffet had themed nights and they had a Japanese themed was amazing as we missed out on the jade restaurant as it was booked that was probably the only bad part about the resort and lots of walking huge resort but it's actually two resorts not sure if I would go back not because of the resort

• Stayed January 2014
Hi Nicole B,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!