“Best Trip ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #59 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Best Trip ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

First of all, I don't see where previous Guests complained about Service, cleanliness, food etc. There were 24 of us for a wedding Jan11/14, & the Resort was GORGEOUS & VERY CLEAN!!! Trust me , I'm old & picky, when it comes to where I spend my Pension, but Sirenis was Perfect.You must go to the Pool Bar by the SteakHouse. Cherrym Johnathan, Domenica & their co-workers are the BEST & Friendliest People around. Louis, Martin etc are the most Capable staff I've ever encountered in my Travels.Food was awesome, people were Awesome,& the Staff was more than willing to help. Check Out needs to Improve, but other than that ,I am definitely ging back to see my new Friends , the Bartenders, Cherry, Domenica?, Johnathan, Charlie & Martin &Louis!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Chris B,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Cherrym, Johnathan, Domenica, Charlie, Martin & Louis as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Polish first
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was reading all the negative reviews, and will disagree with them. Our room was clean and the bedding was clean. The food was very good. Such a wide selection available. We were able to eat at restaurants six out of the seven nights we were there. We were not disappointed in any of the selections. The tenderloin at the steakhouse was the best I've ever eaten. It basically melted in my mouth because it was so tender. When you eat at the buffet, go early to make sure the food is fresh. We arrived around 5:00 p.m. and had only one hour before the buffet closed to get ready for dinner. Since we were starving (no snacks on our flight), we needed to eat something prior to dinner. The food was a little stale from sitting out for quite some time. That's the only negative thing about the food. The staff was very pleasant. Sure there is a language barrier, but that is to be expected. Do not go to the "special breakfast" where you can win a week's stay for free. They want to sell you a time-share. Politely decline. You will get pressured, but that's their job. Had a problem getting clean towels. The couple we travelled with didn't get clean towels for two days and their phone didn't work. We went only a half day without clean towels. Didn't matter because we were always at the pool. Do not drink the water. They provided bottled water at no additional cost. Make sure you drink it so you stay hydrated and don't get sick from the tap water. I would highly recommend Sirenis. If we go again to Punta Cana, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. No elevators, but more private than first floor rooms.
Hi Judy F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us as well as your suggestions. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been there in 2011. So it may have changed, but the recent reviews tell me not.

First: It's been 3 years now, and the clothes I bring there are still smelling the horrible smell of moisture in the room. This is not a clean hotel. Stains on the walls everywhere.

Second: People there will loose so much of your time trying to sell you timeshare. They say they are hotel staff and they want to help you book some a la carte restaurants, but it is completely false!

Third: Food is not good. It is the industrial kind of food (as are the beverages). Completely dried pancakes on the morning, reheated-not-that-fresh food overall. The a la carte are a bit better, but nothing was satisfying for us.

Fourth: The beach is great, but lots of big waves. As soon as you leave the resort to take a walk though, the beach is completely covered with trash. I think that this country should try to do better in trash management. It should be a crime to do what they do because they obviously put everything directly in the ocean. I've been in Antigua and Barbuda and in Mexico. Never saw that elsewhere.

It was my only trip to Dominican Republic. I will not return. I prefer to pay a little more and to go somewhere else where you can find peace and good food. They should be able to do a lot better. I know this is a cheap travel. Keep in mind that it is what you will get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi emilie2816,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

As per the cleanliness of the beach, we definitely have a team that maintains our beach clean in the parameters of the resort. For the rest of our beaches in Dominican Republic, we have days throughout the year where the community puts all their efforts together and every resort and local companies have a specific area assigned to clean. Every year there is less and less trash as it show the constant efforts of the community to keep their beaches clean.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues in more details or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Mountain Grove, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My family went the week of January 8-15 myself and my 4 kids to my sisters wedding it was a beautiful resort with a water park that is on the property the kids really enjoyed food was good always had something went to 2 a la carts steak house and Mexican they were good the buffet had themed nights and they had a Japanese themed was amazing as we missed out on the jade restaurant as it was booked that was probably the only bad part about the resort and lots of walking huge resort but it's actually two resorts not sure if I would go back not because of the resort

• Stayed January 2014
Hi Nicole B,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I must admit this is the very first time I felt compelled to write a review..My husband & I just returned from a 10 day vacation Jan 6th-16th. Before we left I was concerned with some of the negative comments but I can't understand where these are coming from. We have been to Mexico several times and to Punta Cana 5 times, the food is not bad as many have suggested, it actually is fairly good, there is always plenty to eat & there is lots of variety. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and they were all very good. The wait staff at the buffets were excellent, pouring water & wine at dinner & removing the plates very efficiently. At breakfast coffee was poured as soon as we sat down. Perhaps it's the guests who have an attitude problem. The rooms were basic but clean and no musty smell. The grounds were beautifully kept, pools clean & beach was beautiful. The one complaint was the arrogant & loud people from Russia, but that isn't the fault of the resort. One has to remember that this is rated a 4 star resort and therefore good value for the money. If people expect a 5 star then they will be disappointed.

Hi mpet2014,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the staff, the beautiful grounds, the pools and the beach.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The resort/property was decent, but the rooms were awful. The beds were old and the sheets were stained. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The shower was horrible- standing water above my ankles every time I showered. The bathroom got soaked from the broken shower head every time it was running. The toilet made noises all night long.
The place was inexpensive compared to other resorts and now I see why. We ended up moving to another hotel half way through our vacation. We spent more, but it was well worth the move. We will not return...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great time at Sirenis. Let's get the negatives out of the way - English can be a challenge in Punta Cana. This resort has its fair share of employees who can only speak Spanish even though the guests are from around the world. The pillows are mediocre. The rooms could be updated.
We found the food to be good and occasionally very good. Throughout the resort, whatever one may have found lacking in execution was more than made up with by the staff's attitude and enthusiasm. We worked with Carlegni the concierge to make reservations and changes. She couldn't have been more help. The bartenders at the beach bar, Johan and Juan, were a lot of fun. Our room was comfortable and we could see the water from our balcony.
The beach was great. Plenty of space. Lots of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our location that was close to the beach, third floor, facing the water.
Hi Dave C,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the food, our friendly and helpful staff, the room and the beach. I will definitely pass on your reviews to Carlegni, Johan, and Juan, they always like to see their hard work pays off. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!