“My worst trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal, Canada
“My worst trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been there in 2011. So it may have changed, but the recent reviews tell me not.

First: It's been 3 years now, and the clothes I bring there are still smelling the horrible smell of moisture in the room. This is not a clean hotel. Stains on the walls everywhere.

Second: People there will loose so much of your time trying to sell you timeshare. They say they are hotel staff and they want to help you book some a la carte restaurants, but it is completely false!

Third: Food is not good. It is the industrial kind of food (as are the beverages). Completely dried pancakes on the morning, reheated-not-that-fresh food overall. The a la carte are a bit better, but nothing was satisfying for us.

Fourth: The beach is great, but lots of big waves. As soon as you leave the resort to take a walk though, the beach is completely covered with trash. I think that this country should try to do better in trash management. It should be a crime to do what they do because they obviously put everything directly in the ocean. I've been in Antigua and Barbuda and in Mexico. Never saw that elsewhere.

It was my only trip to Dominican Republic. I will not return. I prefer to pay a little more and to go somewhere else where you can find peace and good food. They should be able to do a lot better. I know this is a cheap travel. Keep in mind that it is what you will get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi emilie2816,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

As per the cleanliness of the beach, we definitely have a team that maintains our beach clean in the parameters of the resort. For the rest of our beaches in Dominican Republic, we have days throughout the year where the community puts all their efforts together and every resort and local companies have a specific area assigned to clean. Every year there is less and less trash as it show the constant efforts of the community to keep their beaches clean.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues in more details or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Polish first
Mountain Grove, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family went the week of January 8-15 myself and my 4 kids to my sisters wedding it was a beautiful resort with a water park that is on the property the kids really enjoyed food was good always had something went to 2 a la carts steak house and Mexican they were good the buffet had themed nights and they had a Japanese themed was amazing as we missed out on the jade restaurant as it was booked that was probably the only bad part about the resort and lots of walking huge resort but it's actually two resorts not sure if I would go back not because of the resort

• Stayed January 2014
Hi Nicole B,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I must admit this is the very first time I felt compelled to write a review..My husband & I just returned from a 10 day vacation Jan 6th-16th. Before we left I was concerned with some of the negative comments but I can't understand where these are coming from. We have been to Mexico several times and to Punta Cana 5 times, the food is not bad as many have suggested, it actually is fairly good, there is always plenty to eat & there is lots of variety. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and they were all very good. The wait staff at the buffets were excellent, pouring water & wine at dinner & removing the plates very efficiently. At breakfast coffee was poured as soon as we sat down. Perhaps it's the guests who have an attitude problem. The rooms were basic but clean and no musty smell. The grounds were beautifully kept, pools clean & beach was beautiful. The one complaint was the arrogant & loud people from Russia, but that isn't the fault of the resort. One has to remember that this is rated a 4 star resort and therefore good value for the money. If people expect a 5 star then they will be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi mpet2014,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the staff, the beautiful grounds, the pools and the beach.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The resort/property was decent, but the rooms were awful. The beds were old and the sheets were stained. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The shower was horrible- standing water above my ankles every time I showered. The bathroom got soaked from the broken shower head every time it was running. The toilet made noises all night long.
The place was inexpensive compared to other resorts and now I see why. We ended up moving to another hotel half way through our vacation. We spent more, but it was well worth the move. We will not return...

Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great time at Sirenis. Let's get the negatives out of the way - English can be a challenge in Punta Cana. This resort has its fair share of employees who can only speak Spanish even though the guests are from around the world. The pillows are mediocre. The rooms could be updated.
We found the food to be good and occasionally very good. Throughout the resort, whatever one may have found lacking in execution was more than made up with by the staff's attitude and enthusiasm. We worked with Carlegni the concierge to make reservations and changes. She couldn't have been more help. The bartenders at the beach bar, Johan and Juan, were a lot of fun. Our room was comfortable and we could see the water from our balcony.
The beach was great. Plenty of space. Lots of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our location that was close to the beach, third floor, facing the water.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Dave C,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the food, our friendly and helpful staff, the room and the beach. I will definitely pass on your reviews to Carlegni, Johan, and Juan, they always like to see their hard work pays off. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was travelling with my wife and 2 kids. 2 years old and 5 years old. The good side first. Water slides are fun, big, without waiting and a 5 minutes walk. Good location though 40 minutes from the airport. Beautiful gardens, beach and buffet. I always had it easy finding a palapa and/or chairs The food was good. Did not cost a lot for a week so I wasnt expecting much. Got almost the same price as Cuba. Check in was fast. Rooms are renovated (maybe because I was with transat). It rained 15 minutes in the week. Outside area are so clean. Pools are very beautiful. Drinks are good. Lots of shade with kids even on the beach with palm trees. Pools by the beach.

The bad:
Air Transat sells it as a family resort (with water slides). Before going I emailed the hotel to have a playpen for my 2 years old and since I use 2 strollers I asked for the first floor because i read here that none of the elevators were working. They emailed me back saying they would do. In fact the elevator didnt work and was at the 2nd floor...and no playpen in our room. I returned to the lobby to ask for a playpen but they never did. They only did the following day after another trip to the lobby. We slept the baby between us. There are only flat sheets on the bed which i found bizarre, no blankets! You cannot drink the water from tap so they recommend using the bottled water. After a day we didnt have anymore water in the fridge. They putted more coca-cola and Fanta in the fridge but no water! Also they put our over flat sheets in the playpen leaving our 2 bed without top sheets! I went to the lobby to ask for water and sheet at 7h00pm. At 11h00 pm still no sheet so i went to the lobby again. 20 minutes some man delivered sheets (no water) to room C001 instead of C101...So i followed him to his locker room where he kept the sheets and gave me 2 and water...I tipped him

Following day I left a note on fridge..Agua por Favor! Garcias!'' But after housekeeping still no water and since there was no place in the fridge anymore she putted 2 more coca-cola on the TV cabinet! So i went to complain to our Transat rep. Following hour we had 4 bottles in our room. Batltle was finally over we had water for the week. I understand the housekeeping woman have 24 rooms to clean but this requires common sense. We didnt have toilet paper one day leaving the empty roll on the toilet, she didnt refill us but changed our towels even though they were hanged (meaning dont change like their Eco friendly card says) so he had to find her so they would give us a roll!

Family Hotel. The buffet carries 4 high chairs for all the Cocotal and Tropical childs! No food is available from 5h00pm to 7h00 pm !!! At what time do you think a 2 years old kid and 5 years old eat ? They say the snack bars are open until 6h00pm but they close at 5h00 to make room for the a la carte restaurants. Air transat said the buffet opened at 6h30pm. I know because I was carefull chosing an hotel with early hours. I know spanish kids eats at 8h00 pm, mine sleep at 7h00 pm...
At the end of our week our shower broke. Shower head anchor in the wall broke. We thought it would takes days before repair but took only 30 minutes. Service is not equal. A lot of Sirenis' workers ask you to bring them food and/or drinks. I usually answered them ''will you tip me?'' Not sure if we can so I didnt want to get into trouble.

Notes:
They charge a 50$ deposit for the safe, so if you plan to bring 200$ bring 250$ because they confiscate 50$ right at the beginning.

They give you a card for beach towel. If you lose a card or towel they charge you 20$ so do not reserve chairs with those towels bring one or two of your own.

No whole fresh milk is available in Dominican Republic.(2 years old kids)

Sirenis Cocotal and Tropical is the same resort. I dont know why they use 2 names. I reserved for Cocotal and had to check in at the Tropical desk.

People were about 50% russians-10% Quebecers-10% french-10% American or canadian(english) -20% mix of italians and spanish and other nationalities. Russians are heavy smokers and drinkers!

Room Tip: first floor if you have strollers: elevators dont work!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cocotalbeach, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Julienbois,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, your comments and suggestions always help us to improve our services. I’m happy to hear you liked the water slides, the location, our beautiful gardens, our beach with lots of shade, the beautiful pools, the food, great drinks and your room.

As mentioned in our welcome guide, we have a hotline x611 in case you need anything for your room. That way you don’t have to come to the lobby every time.

Regarding the food, there is always one of our 2 restaurants on the beach that stays open until 6pm. Then the main buffet opens at 7pm. The only times during the day where there is no food available on the resort is between 10am-10:30am and between 6pm-7pm (our “a la carte” restaurants open at 6:30pm). Besides that we have food available 24/7.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

One of my biggest concerns is the food. We usually look forward to meals but hear it was like I guess we have to go eat now! I have eaten at many tropical resorts some being only 3 stars so we where not expecting great food but this stuff is really bad. My son and father got sick and spent a day in there room and I got very sick and was told by the doctor I needed to go to the hospital. I ended up getting over $1000 in medical attention and recovered in a couple days. Nothing tasted fresh, bread and pancakes where as hard as a rock, and meats such as hamburgers are cooked and then put in hot water to stay warm.

Many of the staff members made you feel like you where an inconvenience to them and had a bad attitude. A couple examples, we returned a snorkel we payed a $20 deposit on a few minutes late and the lady working there said in a condensing voice "I TOLD YOUR WIFE ONE HOUR". Many employees look like there really do not want to be there and it can take a long time to get a coffee after a meal and if you order 4 coffee many times we would get one or two.

A couple times a week venders are allowed to set up in the resort along the path you have to walk to go for supper. It is normal to get horsed by these people in tropical locations, and I know how to handle these people, but this was crazy. I was pushing MY 3 MONTH OLD BABY IN a stroller and just trying to avoid them to get back to my room saying no thank you and one of the sales people STUCK HIS FOOT OUT IN FRONT OF THE WHEEL bring the stroller to an abrupt stop NEARLY CAUSING MY BABY TO FALL ONE THE SIDE WALK!!!!! That is unacceptable!! They do not let you pass and keep walking in front of you and swear at you if you say you are not interested!

I have been to a 3 star and the rooms where much nicer than this place. They are dirty, rusty, mouldy, our toilet would run every couple minutes, and we had water pour from the celling the first night. Beds in these places are usually hard but these ones are rock hard. We asked for a pillow toper and it only took 4 days and 3 visits to the front to get one!!!! You are going to have to find your maid and ask for towels, toilet paper, and water or you will not get what you need, and even if you asks they might tell you they are out so you will have to use wet towels.

We purchased a special package and did not receive anything we where promised such as free wifi, key to the safe, slippers and house coats and so on. You will need to carry a hundred dollars around with you as you have to pay a deposit on everything such as water sports, pool, and so on.

We did euro buggy on the beach and payed cash, we then went to check out and where charged again so we told them we payed and they called us lyres and would not reverse the charges. The cost is only $5 but the guy working it might try to scam you for $20.

Other than that the pools, slides, and grounds are nice. The beach and ocean are very nice but I am told they are nice anywhere in the Dominican. Don't get me wrong we made the best of it and had a good time but there was no relaxed feel and service was just bad.

Hi Kevin V,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.