“Forget the bad reviews!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Brampton, Canada
“Forget the bad reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I must admit this is the very first time I felt compelled to write a review..My husband & I just returned from a 10 day vacation Jan 6th-16th. Before we left I was concerned with some of the negative comments but I can't understand where these are coming from. We have been to Mexico several times and to Punta Cana 5 times, the food is not bad as many have suggested, it actually is fairly good, there is always plenty to eat & there is lots of variety. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and they were all very good. The wait staff at the buffets were excellent, pouring water & wine at dinner & removing the plates very efficiently. At breakfast coffee was poured as soon as we sat down. Perhaps it's the guests who have an attitude problem. The rooms were basic but clean and no musty smell. The grounds were beautifully kept, pools clean & beach was beautiful. The one complaint was the arrogant & loud people from Russia, but that isn't the fault of the resort. One has to remember that this is rated a 4 star resort and therefore good value for the money. If people expect a 5 star then they will be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi mpet2014,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the staff, the beautiful grounds, the pools and the beach.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The resort/property was decent, but the rooms were awful. The beds were old and the sheets were stained. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The shower was horrible- standing water above my ankles every time I showered. The bathroom got soaked from the broken shower head every time it was running. The toilet made noises all night long.
The place was inexpensive compared to other resorts and now I see why. We ended up moving to another hotel half way through our vacation. We spent more, but it was well worth the move. We will not return...

Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great time at Sirenis. Let's get the negatives out of the way - English can be a challenge in Punta Cana. This resort has its fair share of employees who can only speak Spanish even though the guests are from around the world. The pillows are mediocre. The rooms could be updated.
We found the food to be good and occasionally very good. Throughout the resort, whatever one may have found lacking in execution was more than made up with by the staff's attitude and enthusiasm. We worked with Carlegni the concierge to make reservations and changes. She couldn't have been more help. The bartenders at the beach bar, Johan and Juan, were a lot of fun. Our room was comfortable and we could see the water from our balcony.
The beach was great. Plenty of space. Lots of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our location that was close to the beach, third floor, facing the water.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Dave C,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the food, our friendly and helpful staff, the room and the beach. I will definitely pass on your reviews to Carlegni, Johan, and Juan, they always like to see their hard work pays off. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was travelling with my wife and 2 kids. 2 years old and 5 years old. The good side first. Water slides are fun, big, without waiting and a 5 minutes walk. Good location though 40 minutes from the airport. Beautiful gardens, beach and buffet. I always had it easy finding a palapa and/or chairs The food was good. Did not cost a lot for a week so I wasnt expecting much. Got almost the same price as Cuba. Check in was fast. Rooms are renovated (maybe because I was with transat). It rained 15 minutes in the week. Outside area are so clean. Pools are very beautiful. Drinks are good. Lots of shade with kids even on the beach with palm trees. Pools by the beach.

The bad:
Air Transat sells it as a family resort (with water slides). Before going I emailed the hotel to have a playpen for my 2 years old and since I use 2 strollers I asked for the first floor because i read here that none of the elevators were working. They emailed me back saying they would do. In fact the elevator didnt work and was at the 2nd floor...and no playpen in our room. I returned to the lobby to ask for a playpen but they never did. They only did the following day after another trip to the lobby. We slept the baby between us. There are only flat sheets on the bed which i found bizarre, no blankets! You cannot drink the water from tap so they recommend using the bottled water. After a day we didnt have anymore water in the fridge. They putted more coca-cola and Fanta in the fridge but no water! Also they put our over flat sheets in the playpen leaving our 2 bed without top sheets! I went to the lobby to ask for water and sheet at 7h00pm. At 11h00 pm still no sheet so i went to the lobby again. 20 minutes some man delivered sheets (no water) to room C001 instead of C101...So i followed him to his locker room where he kept the sheets and gave me 2 and water...I tipped him

Following day I left a note on fridge..Agua por Favor! Garcias!'' But after housekeeping still no water and since there was no place in the fridge anymore she putted 2 more coca-cola on the TV cabinet! So i went to complain to our Transat rep. Following hour we had 4 bottles in our room. Batltle was finally over we had water for the week. I understand the housekeeping woman have 24 rooms to clean but this requires common sense. We didnt have toilet paper one day leaving the empty roll on the toilet, she didnt refill us but changed our towels even though they were hanged (meaning dont change like their Eco friendly card says) so he had to find her so they would give us a roll!

Family Hotel. The buffet carries 4 high chairs for all the Cocotal and Tropical childs! No food is available from 5h00pm to 7h00 pm !!! At what time do you think a 2 years old kid and 5 years old eat ? They say the snack bars are open until 6h00pm but they close at 5h00 to make room for the a la carte restaurants. Air transat said the buffet opened at 6h30pm. I know because I was carefull chosing an hotel with early hours. I know spanish kids eats at 8h00 pm, mine sleep at 7h00 pm...
At the end of our week our shower broke. Shower head anchor in the wall broke. We thought it would takes days before repair but took only 30 minutes. Service is not equal. A lot of Sirenis' workers ask you to bring them food and/or drinks. I usually answered them ''will you tip me?'' Not sure if we can so I didnt want to get into trouble.

Notes:
They charge a 50$ deposit for the safe, so if you plan to bring 200$ bring 250$ because they confiscate 50$ right at the beginning.

They give you a card for beach towel. If you lose a card or towel they charge you 20$ so do not reserve chairs with those towels bring one or two of your own.

No whole fresh milk is available in Dominican Republic.(2 years old kids)

Sirenis Cocotal and Tropical is the same resort. I dont know why they use 2 names. I reserved for Cocotal and had to check in at the Tropical desk.

People were about 50% russians-10% Quebecers-10% french-10% American or canadian(english) -20% mix of italians and spanish and other nationalities. Russians are heavy smokers and drinkers!

Room Tip: first floor if you have strollers: elevators dont work!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cocotalbeach, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Julienbois,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, your comments and suggestions always help us to improve our services. I’m happy to hear you liked the water slides, the location, our beautiful gardens, our beach with lots of shade, the beautiful pools, the food, great drinks and your room.

As mentioned in our welcome guide, we have a hotline x611 in case you need anything for your room. That way you don’t have to come to the lobby every time.

Regarding the food, there is always one of our 2 restaurants on the beach that stays open until 6pm. Then the main buffet opens at 7pm. The only times during the day where there is no food available on the resort is between 10am-10:30am and between 6pm-7pm (our “a la carte” restaurants open at 6:30pm). Besides that we have food available 24/7.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

One of my biggest concerns is the food. We usually look forward to meals but hear it was like I guess we have to go eat now! I have eaten at many tropical resorts some being only 3 stars so we where not expecting great food but this stuff is really bad. My son and father got sick and spent a day in there room and I got very sick and was told by the doctor I needed to go to the hospital. I ended up getting over $1000 in medical attention and recovered in a couple days. Nothing tasted fresh, bread and pancakes where as hard as a rock, and meats such as hamburgers are cooked and then put in hot water to stay warm.

Many of the staff members made you feel like you where an inconvenience to them and had a bad attitude. A couple examples, we returned a snorkel we payed a $20 deposit on a few minutes late and the lady working there said in a condensing voice "I TOLD YOUR WIFE ONE HOUR". Many employees look like there really do not want to be there and it can take a long time to get a coffee after a meal and if you order 4 coffee many times we would get one or two.

A couple times a week venders are allowed to set up in the resort along the path you have to walk to go for supper. It is normal to get horsed by these people in tropical locations, and I know how to handle these people, but this was crazy. I was pushing MY 3 MONTH OLD BABY IN a stroller and just trying to avoid them to get back to my room saying no thank you and one of the sales people STUCK HIS FOOT OUT IN FRONT OF THE WHEEL bring the stroller to an abrupt stop NEARLY CAUSING MY BABY TO FALL ONE THE SIDE WALK!!!!! That is unacceptable!! They do not let you pass and keep walking in front of you and swear at you if you say you are not interested!

I have been to a 3 star and the rooms where much nicer than this place. They are dirty, rusty, mouldy, our toilet would run every couple minutes, and we had water pour from the celling the first night. Beds in these places are usually hard but these ones are rock hard. We asked for a pillow toper and it only took 4 days and 3 visits to the front to get one!!!! You are going to have to find your maid and ask for towels, toilet paper, and water or you will not get what you need, and even if you asks they might tell you they are out so you will have to use wet towels.

We purchased a special package and did not receive anything we where promised such as free wifi, key to the safe, slippers and house coats and so on. You will need to carry a hundred dollars around with you as you have to pay a deposit on everything such as water sports, pool, and so on.

We did euro buggy on the beach and payed cash, we then went to check out and where charged again so we told them we payed and they called us lyres and would not reverse the charges. The cost is only $5 but the guy working it might try to scam you for $20.

Other than that the pools, slides, and grounds are nice. The beach and ocean are very nice but I am told they are nice anywhere in the Dominican. Don't get me wrong we made the best of it and had a good time but there was no relaxed feel and service was just bad.

Hi Kevin V,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Below is a letter I sent to the Sirenis Headquarters Re: our stay:

My family and I stayed at the Sirenis Cocotal in Punta Cana from Dec. 26/2013 - Jan 2/2014. The hotel service and experience was terrible! The room was not to our or anyone's expectations (from the guests that we spoke with). It was more of a 3* room at best! The grounds were amazing, food was good but the service....disgusting! Just like the blood stain on the bed sheets when we arrived. Yes...blood stain! I didn't report it right away thinking that of course the maid would see it and change the sheet (which by the way was the top sheet, out in the open). When the next day it was still there I thought maybe she didn't see it. OK, give her the benefit of the doubt. When after the 2nd day it was still there I went down to guest services and spoke to the manager there who assured me that he would have someone clean it right away. To make a long story short, it was the 2nd last day of our trip and numerous visits to the front desk (where the mngr would not even come out of his back office to speak or acknowledge me) and numerous promises that the cleaning supervisor was advised and would have it resolved, the blood stained sheet was still there! That is when I spoke to our tour operator rep about it and how un-hygienic and disgusting that was...especially with a baby and a 5 year old in the room. I don't know what was more disgusting...the blood or the lack of service from the hotel staff especially that man who calls himself the guest services manager!
We had some other issues with the room like the main door not closing and having to slam it shut every time (not ideal when you have a infant trying to nap) which they fixed right away. We didn't get towels until 7pm some days which made us miss one of our restaurant reservations! Even after numerous calls to room service requesting the towels and telling them many times that we have reservations to get to and young children too. Completely unacceptable!
Further more, when we arrived everyone was so nice and attentive to our needs but the minute we were suckered into a breakfast which ended up wasting 3 hours of our much needed vacation, we couldn't afford your "VIP CLUB" then all of a sudden no one could care less about us or our experience. In fact that is when the service turn ugly! Let me just say that I have worked in the tourism industry and continue to work in the high-end customer service field and I have never seen or experienced such terrible and disappointing service before! To make matters worse, we get back from our vacation to hear about a truly sad incident in one of your hotels in Mexico with another Canadian couple which made it to the Media.
That just assured us that we would NEVER stay at one of your resorts again and I will make sure that everyone I know and don't know wont either. I am sure the pictures I took everyday of the blood stain will help sway people from booking with your hotel. I have also contacted our tour operator (Transat Tours) about this experience with the picture of the blood.
Thank you for your time and thank you for wasting precious vacation hours with your ridiculous "breakfast" and hours of me constantly going to the lobby to try and get some help day after day!

Please re-train and get your staffs act together for everyone's sake

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cocotalbeach, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi jennifruits,
Thank you very much for your review from your last holiday at our resort. I’m happy to hear you liked the grounds and the food.
I’m sorry to hear you we did not meet your expectations for your vacation. We will definitely take your comments into consideration in order to improve our services.
One thing that surprises me is the lack of help that you had from our management team as we are usually very available to help clients. There is always someone from management available between 7am and 11pm. You just need to ask at the reception and they call us right away. We like to make sure our clients spend a great vacation by fixing their problems rapidly.
You are talking about numerous trips to the reception. We have a Hotline number designed for any troubles or needs you might have in your room (all the details for that Hotline are written in the welcome guide we provide you when you arrive to the hotel). This could have helped you avoid walking all the way to the lobby every time. We also have a “gustometro” which is a machine located in different areas of the hotel where you can put in your comments and needs. We receive these e-mails right away and therefore are able to solve the situation as it arrives.
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future so I can make sure you have a great stay with us.
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We traveled with a family of 5. Once we arrived fast check-in but had to wait for 40 minutes as room was not ready. Finally got to our room H001 ground floor, great location. There were no bath towels in our room just 5 beach towels, went to inquire at front desk they said they will have some towels delivered, that was 2:30pm it was 8 pm before we received the towels. Five days out of the seven we had to ask for towels,toilet paper and kleenex as none were left after doing up our room. How embarrassing is that. Next the beds were very hard, the sheets were curtains and all the top blankets had holes in them. On to the food. There should be some regulation to say some foods contain nuts as my wife ate some pesto pasta and you guessed it had nuts in it. She had a tough time breathing and had to go back to the room for the night. She had to be very careful for the rest of the week on what she chose to eat. Our oldest also got sick and was in bed for a day. The best dinners were the Japanese and lobster on the beach,which I thought was exspensive at $40 a person. There are not enough English speaking staff, and the ones that do are trying to sell you a time share. The water park was okay but they need to invest in some tubes to go through the tunnels as there were people getting injured. We all did a zip line excursion through our travel rep.(air transat) and it was well worth the money it was absolutely amazing. Overall the grounds are beautiful, but what this resort needs to focus on is better service to its customers who I know pay alot of money for a holiday and do not get the service. It is time for me to close the door on this resort as we will not be returning to this one, maybe the one in Mexico is better, but this one I will leave for you to decide and I hope no one experiences what my family went through on my RETIREMENT vacation. Sorry but this vacation was an awful experience.
Hooper 5

Hi Hooper5,

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!