We stayed at the Sirenis Tropical Suites Dec 16 - Dec 23 and spent Dec 24 in the airport because of the ice storm in Toronto. The hotel was okay. The grounds were beautiful and immaculately kept. The food was fine - not quite enough fried banana or plantain for my taste (but that is a very petty complaint). The displays of food in the a la cartes were magnificent, the fruit and vegetable sculptures especially. But that having been said, we didn't appreciate the food as much as we could have in the beginning of the week because one of our party picked up the Norwalk virus and shared it with the rest of us.
Our kids had lots of fun in the pools, especially playing on the pedestal that the mermaid sat on in the middle of the deep pool. Our 10 & 12 didn't use the kids club, so I can't comment on it - but the kids club put on a performance everynight that we droppped in to see occasionally.
They had a circus acrobat show one night after the kids club performance; it was very entertaining.
There was dancing at the beach which preceded the surf aerobics. Both were tons of fun and I picked up a bit of both German/French/Spanish and Russian (counting to four, anyway) as there were many, many Europeans there . . .
We enjoyed many afternoons at the water park. They wouldn't let us wear our swim shirts, but other people were allowed to wear them - so we went in the late afternoon to reduce the incidence of sunburn. My kids tried all of the slides, I wasn't as daring. They really enjoyed the yellow tube slide and the red enema/wedgie slide - the sharp drop on the same side as the toboggan slides. The kids banged their heads backs and heels and then dropped into the pool head first on the toilet bowl slide - be wary. The toboggan slide was great fun. There are a couple of special toboggans to use if you wish to glide all the way to the end (blue handled toboggans). With great skill I managed to bump the very end twice - once you try the slide you will see that it is truly a great feat!!!! With the other toboggans you might be lucky enough to slide all the way into the end yellow stripe - I did, once.
Our maid/housekeeper was excellent - I looked forward everyday to seeing what designs she would make with our linen. It was a really nice touch.
For the price we paid we got a great deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino And Spa
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Sirenis Resort Punta Cana
- Sirenis Cocotal Punta Cana
- Hotel Sirenis Cocotal Beach
- Sirenis Cocotal Resort