“Amazed and Disgusted” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Amazed and Disgusted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After reading the previous reviews, I felt I needed to add my comments.
I stayed at this resort end of Oct -Nov. 2013.
Let me start off by saying I was Amazed that my renovated room consisted of:
2 broken matressess, meaning that the support frame of the matresses were shot, causing you to do a balancing act while you try and sleep.
Amazed how musty the sheets and closet were. Enough so, that even after washing my clothes, once I got home, my clothes still linger with that smell.
Disgusted when I pulled back the drape liner and found it coated with mold.
Amazed how housekeeping cleaned my toilet and even left the sanitized strip across my toilet.....only to find me holding the broken toilet seat in my hand when I went to remove the strip. By the 3rd attempted repair, I decided to live with it for the week, and add that to my balancing act also.
Amazed how a resort with so many unsupervised children, fails to have at least one lifeguard.
Disgusted how the children were allowed to jump off the fountains, bridge and pier posts. Even more disgusted to see a mother quickly carrying her small child out of the pool because the child was having a bowel movement. Most disgusted of all was the fact that there is no lifeguard to monitor the safety and cleanliness of the water quality. There were several infants with diapers in the pool.
Amazed that I nearly had to beg for water and disgusted that I actually received none on my 2nd last day there. Nor did I receive towels on my final day...so I got to smell like a wet dish rag for the plane ride home,.....in all honesty.....I didn't even care....I just wanted to get out of that resort.
Amazed how the front desk greets you so nicely, knowing they have your money, and after that...a whole new attitude sets in.
The guests, mainly Russians, are disgustingly rude. They were the majority of guests at this resort.
The staff, except for a very few, were unfriendly.
The happiest people were the groundskeepers, when they would come by your patio and mooch cigarettes from you.
I do not plan on going back to this resort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is my first time ever writing a review on Trip Advisor. After the week we had at Sirenis, I felt I had to warn everyone of this place. My husband and I travel to the Caribbean at least twice a year. We usually go to the Dominican at least once a year because of the friendly Dominican people. We stayed at Sirenis Cocotal Octber 27th-Nov 3rd 2013.
The Good:
the beach, the landscaping, food ok, the patio/balcony, the pool
The Bad:
Front Desk Staff: are liars- promise rooms to be ready, only to find out they gave them to other complaining guests. Long wait time for a room. Desk staff insisted we switched rooms with another couple (never dawned on them that they entered it incorrectly in their computers) even after showing them our room receipt that they gave us, which clearly had our room number on it. They were rude to us from day one.
Housekeeping/Service: pathetic. Not a day went by that we didn't have to call the front desk asking for something eg: towels, water, coffee. Of course, the front desk would tell us, "Okay, someone will bring it"....after 2nd and 3rd calls and 3-4hrs later, we USUALLY got the item. How can a country, which clearly states, not to drink their water, not supply you daily with water??? We came to the conclusion that it wasn't entirely the maids fault. How can she supply the rooms when her cart is half stocked with supplies.
Other Guests: The Russians are taking over. They are by far, the most rudest, nastiest people I have ever come across. It was not uncommon to see them shove their way into the buffet. They constantly cut right in front of you in the buffet line and helped themselves.
The Dominican People: in all the years that my husband and I have gone to the Dominican, we would always be greeted with a smile by the Dominicans. You were sure to end your vacation knowing how to do the salsa, whether you wanted to or not. Well....not at the Sirenis. The workers look so beaten down and sad. There is no singing or dancing coming from them. There are no smiles on their faces. I don't know if the Russians "broke" them or if they are being mistreated by upper management. It's sad to see.
Needless to say, we will not return to this hotel.
Mr Manager: Please don't waste your time writing any comments of apologies to my comments. It's all for show, fake and we know you will do nothing about it.

Hamilton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First of all we travelled as a group of 4, we go to Punta Cana once a yr sometimes twice but we always do two trips a year (sometimes Mexico or Jamaica)but this year OMG never so disappointed in the service from this hotel.It was our first time at Sirenis and it will be our last and we would NOT recommend going here.
Let me start with the good
Beach is beautiful, pools are wonderful and the bartenders especially Jenzy at the swim up bar was so friendly. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We were given a renovated room which was nice, the air worked good so good that you wanted to turn it off but it would not shut off, our toilet would not completely flush you could flush 6 or 7 times but it wouldn't make a difference. Lots of chairs and shade if you wanted it at the beach and the pools.

Now for the bad, we arrived at 11 am knowing we would have to wait till 3pm for our room. We made the best of it but at 3 pm we were told our room still wasn't ready it would be another 20 mins. no big deal we grabbed a drink and waited but then to be told our rooms were still not ready be about another 20 mins. now we've been sitting in the lobby for 40 mins only to be told that there was still someone in our room and they'd have to give us another room it would be about another 20 mins. We've now wasted 1 hr sitting in the lobby but we finally got a room. The room was nice but there were no bath towels, no coffee, no water, no beverages whatsoever. Call down to the lobby for all the above, waited about 1/2 hr for service on these items. Our friends and ourselves head down to lobby for a safe key, we had no problems but our friends could not get a key because they told them the safe was broken that they'd have to share ours. Of course this was not acceptable so the next day we found the WestJet rep and explained what had happen and he checked into the safe and said sorry they can't do anything about it we'd have to share or they could move them to a different building but the room would not be as nice. We asked about them taking the safe out of the room they were going to move them to and put in the room assigned, nope can't do it. After another 1/12 hr of arguing with two WestJet reps and the front desk they decided they could change the safe.
Vacations are suppose to be stress free but this time NO way, we had to call guest services everyday we were there for towels, water and coffee. One nite we didn't get towels till 5:45 pm and we had dinner reservations for 6:30 pm and we had to call the front desk 4 times, starting calling them at 3:15
Food was just okay
Staff (excluding Jenzy) were very unhappy hardly ever smiled which is not the norm for Dominican people. The hotel seemed under staffed. They have no nightly entertainment for adults in the lobby or anywhere else unless you want to gamble. No music around the pools, last two nites we were there they had some music in the lobby.

It appears this hotel caters to Russians and believe me when I say they have to be the rudest people on this earth which could explain why the staff never smiled. They rush in the buffet like a herd of cattle pushing whoever is in there way. While at the buffet getting food they will bud right in front of you or push you out of there way. I actually had tongs in my hand to get some food and they were grabbed right out of my hand,. I was shocked! Seemed that the only way you could get service at this hotel was to be rude to the staff and guest. Lobby bartenders seemed to only want to wait on females and you'd ask for a drink and they pretended they didn't know what you were asking for.
If you decide to go to this hotel be prepared to have to call front desk everday for towels, water etc and possibly get your room cleaned, if this doesn't bother you your fine. If you don't mind rude guests your okay. Personally I love the Dominican people how friendly they are, always smiling, singing, dancing but not at this hotel. We would never go back to Sirenis or do we recommend anyone else to go. In fact, it turned us off so much that we've decided not to go to Punta Cana for a while and stick with Mexico or Jamaica. Good luck to anyone who goes here.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Before me and my friend left for this holiday we read trip advisor reviews religiously, and some where really horrible but wow they must be moany people by nature!

We arrived to cocktails, are bags where bought up to our room by the bell boy within 5 minutes we tipped him $5 and my friends lock had broke (she snapped the key) he offered to help with bolt cutters straight away! The staff are always smiling considering they work all day and will do anything to help you.

The room: was clean tidy fresh towels everyday, stocked fridge
Big beds (very comfy) and the blocks are close to everything!

The food: can't fault the Buffett, taste for everyone, from chips, pizza, spaghetti, rice, fish, steak, soup and so much more! The al la Carts: we visited jade (twice) it was amazing not just food but a show too and you really will be stuffed! the Italian I absolutely loved big buffet starter of all italian foods and the menu had so much to chose from! Mexican wasn't my favourite but not everything can be for me.

Entertainment team: WOW I feel like I've left friends behind! They work from morning to night and don't let it show, special mention to Alvin the chipmunk, staudi, Melvin, tony Montana, labrinth (the pope) the arrow ping pong and the guy who holds it all together Casanova! They are around the pool and beach during the day for games and if you want a chat, then at night the shows are amazing Greece, dirty dancing and Michael Jackson where my highlights they get the outfits bang on and dance like you're in the west end! The night doesn't end there after that until about 12 just by the theatre, music, karaoke, dancing until 1 then the club opens really fun and just so different! Everyone is happy and just enjoying themselves! Made so many friends and I can not wait to go back next year! Never felt so welcome and safe on holiday!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just came back from two perfect weeks at Sirenis Tropical Suites. The resort is absolutely amazing and there is not a single thing to moan about!

The Resort is massive but everything is easily accessible, each apartment block is close to something so you are never far away from where you need to be. We stayed in Block K which was a 2 minute walk away from the lobby and restaurants and about 5 minutes from the pool and beach. The suites are really big with two double beds in and a lot of wardrobe space. The rooms are spotless and were cleaned every day. The maids were excellent and constantly restocked our mini fridges and bathroom. We only tipped once but still everyday our room was immaculate.

Food- The buffet had an excellent variety every night. We went to three a la cartes during our stay: Jade was amazing they put on a performance and cook the food in front of you our chef Dave made our experience! We also went to the Italian which was also really nice. The only restaurant we didn’t particularly like was the Mexican it wasn't on par with the other a la cartes and I would suggest swerving this one during your stay. The all inclusive alcohol was also great there are so many cocktails to try and it really is a free fall there are no measurements, special shout out to our favourite bar man Sergio!

Both the pool and beach were beautiful. We spent most of our time by the pool sunbathing and there was plenty of sun beds and shaded areas. The beach is really clean and they have water sports which you have to pay extra for (Banana boat was $10 for 10 minutes). For souvenirs you should talk a 20 minute walk along the beach to tropical treasures as it is cheaper than the resort gift shop. If like me you burn (ginger problems) take a high factor I went with a factor 30 and after the first day I had to fork out $34 for a factor 60.
Entertainment- The animation team made our holiday! The shows were amazing every night. There was never a repeat of the same show and the dancers were excellent. We loved the grease show, dirty dancing and the Michael Jackson night. Before the shows there would be games with the guests or bingo. After the shows in the theatre there is an outside area where there would either be a disco (60s, 70s and 80s), Karaoke night, live band or a DJ. This would go on until 12pm and then you could go to the resort club. You do have to pay for drinks in the club but it is really cheap. Our holiday would not have been the same without the animation team and would like to say a special thanks to Alvin, Melvin, Tony Montana, Staudi, Labrinth, The Arrow, Ping Pong and last but not least Casanova for making our holiday fantastic. The animation team work so hard but never complain, they are on hand from the morning right up until the club closes at 2am! Make sure you go to the beach party when you stay at this resort as it is fantastic and Alvin the DJ is brilliant and played English music for the majority of the night. Make sure you ask Casanova to play Tappy Tappy it was easily the highlight of our holiday.

Our Thomas Cook Rep Suzy was also fantastic! We booked the Dolphin Explorer excursion which was $150 it is well worth doing and a reasonable price for what you get to do on the day.

We absolutely loved this holiday and cannot understand what people have had to complain about, if you want a nice relaxing holiday but also want entertainment and nightlife this is the place to go. Myself and my friend (20 and 21 years) absolutely loved it and there is things to do for all ages. We cannot wait to go back next year, missing it already!!!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for 2 weeks on my honeymoon. First time in dominican and loved it! The hotel is lovely and clean, all
The staff are friendly even down to the maids/gardeners. The best ala carte restaurants are jade and Italian. Wasn't impressed with the Mexican. Buffet food is basic but still nice and have a theme each night which includes the staff dressing up for the theme. Selection of cocktails is great and includes alcohol free ones. The people that make the hotel so amazing are the animation team! They put on amazing shows each evening and then party into the night afterwards at the disco on site. They are so funny and friendly and really make an effort to have a laugh with the guests. Would definitely to back!

• Stayed October 2013
rotherham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed for two weeks in September along with my hubby,first time to Dominican and was very pleased with hotel Even tho we had requested a pool view or sea but got neither we had to pay a extra 20
Dollars a nite to get this room but it was worth it ,staff very nice even down to the gardeners trips are a must as u could go stir crazy being there for two weeks and being on a complex if you have kids or you are a kid at heart great water park on complex at no extra charge but it did close through week and opened again on fri for the weekend , would go back to Dominican but would try the south of the island would recommend this hotel bar staff very good and friendly

Room Tip: When u go for breakfast try there fresh made smoothies banana but ask for no sugar as they do put a...