Traveled March Break Mar 8-16th.
Flew WestJet from Toronto so the tourist card was taken care of. No issues at the Airport (PUJ).
The resort was in great shape. Constant attention paid to it by landscaping staff.
Increadibly helpful customer facing staff. Some maids and workers do not speak English, but you can get your point across and they try their best.
- Beach. absolutely beautiful
- Pool. clean and large
- Buffets (main buffet open early in the morning and the 2 buffets by the pools are open all day inbetween the times when the main buffets are closed) good selection, each night a different theme.
- animation staff (always ensuring everyone is having a good time)
- Casino ( although small, always found a couple of full blackjack tables and roulette was busy)
- lots of shade if needed by the beach ( either via palapas or palm trees)
- rooms fairly modern on the tropical side ( we stayed in building O)
- Aquagames ( waterpark) only a year old, and in great condition. lots of friendly lifeguards around, pool side grill and bar on site. Never a line up and any silde when we were there.
- i found that the beds are a bit hard. (I did not lose any sleep by them, just nice to have a pillowtop experience when on vacation) although there is a recent review of someone in building O having a pillow top mattress, our room did not)
- lobby store very expensive for snacks. Weather it was the $8USD bag of chips, $4 sleave of Pringles, or $3USD candy bar, you will find yourself forking over for these items as you can't believe how hungry you get when the buffets are closed in between meals. If there is any tip that I can give a fellow traveler is BRING YOUR OWN SNACKS!! sounds stupid, but you wont regret that you did.
- no 24 hr coffee place available. ( this just might be a me thing, but I enjoy a fresh expresso/latte/Cappuchino in the mornings). you know the ones.....the big copper machines that make all the noise and warm the milk...., but outside of getting a straight up coffee and milk from a resort sized purculator at the buffet, there was nothing around until the lobby bar opened at 9am. bummer.
- booking the a la cartes are in these 2 glass windowed huts half way down the isle toward the beach was a challange. not that we could not get what we wanted, but there are these white shirted, yellow tie fellas that you book the a la cartes with and they are the ones that try to convince you to a VIP breakfast that shows you a timeshare deal. the yellow tie fellas get some sort of points or commission for this, but I stuck to my guns and just said no thanks no matter how hard they pressed.
now mind you....I have neve spoken to anyone who has actually gone through with this, but I believe they get a black wristband. black wristband people are the superstars of the resort. i had wristband envy when it was all said and done. They had the best pool and beach areas roped off just for them, indoor air conditionded lounges complete with free internet, and golf cart taxis just for them to cart them all over the resort. but not sure what they had to go through in order to get all that attention. whatever.........
the pros at this resort , out weigh the cons, hands down.
Found it interesting that fewer English speaking people vacation at this resort. There were other Canadian, American and English tourists at the Sirenis, but I found that at least 40% of the tourists were Russian and a good 30% French. Not that there is anything wrong with that , just was more difficult to mingle without sign language. I enjoy meeting different people from all over and did find some friendly Canadian and American folks at the casino.
too many places to visit in the world then to go to the same place twice, but that is my opinion and not any fault of this resort. my family and I had a great time.
Excursions?? if you dont mind having alot of fun and getting a little dirty, you MUST book the Xtreme-Buggy excursions!!! what a blast! driving a VW beatle framed full sized buggy through the streets of Bavaro and onto some of the best beaches in the world.
www.xtreme-buggy.com Paid 1/2 at time of booking and the other 1/2 on site. easy. and tonnes of fun. Charlie and Anni are the best!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino And Spa
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Sirenis Resort Punta Cana
- Sirenis Cocotal Punta Cana
- Hotel Sirenis Cocotal Beach
- Sirenis Cocotal Resort