“Our wonderful 24 day vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #65 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Our wonderful 24 day vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We returned from our wonderful fun filled 24 days at Sirenis, on Feb 24th This was our 5th visit and I was very pleased to see the many improvements since last year. The food was excellent, especially on Thursday when they have lobster tail on the buffet menu. The Beach is beautiful and well maintained with plenty of beach chairs for everyone. The Resort is fortune to have such dedicated employee's who can not do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The large rooms were clean and the only change I was sorry to see was that the computer system on your TV was no longer available. I must say with all honesty I have not been able to find a better value for your money. To show what we mean, we can not wait to go back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocotalbeach, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello Tom!!
I can see you had a safe trip back to Canada. I was very happy to see you back this year.
Thank you very much again to have the time to reflect your feelings about the resort in the comment you just wrote.
Hope to see you in April like you told me.
I leave you my email to write me as soon as you decide to book.
See you soon.
Assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com
In House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Polish first
Alliston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family just returned from 1 week at the Sirenis Tropical. We were travelling with 2 children age 3 and 5 months so I emailed ahead of time to request a room near the beach and pool and also a crib for our baby. We received a prompt reply from Jana and when we arrived we were greeted by her and all of our requests were followed through on. Our room was in S building which is a fantastic location. The rooms are very clean and any little maintenance that needed to be done was done promptly. The beds are hard but we slept well! The playpen provided for our daughter was new and in excellent condition.
The best assets of this hotel are the pool, the grounds and the beach. All are beautiful and well maintained. The pool is excellent for young children as it slopes in like a beach and has a shallow ledge for the kids to play on. The water temperature was also perfect. The Tropical poolside was much quieter than the Cocotal side but you can use either.
The buffets were the only disappointment. We have travelled quite extensively and would expect more from a hotel in Punta Cana. That being said we enjoyed our meals at the steakhouse, Mexican and Japanese a la cartes. We found the hotel staff to not be as friendly and outgoing as people have stated on here but we had no issues. We found the hotel to be very populated with French people from both France and Quebec, which created a bit of a language barrier around the pool.
We spent one day at the waterpark. It is well worth the money especially if you have older children that can use all of the slides. The change rooms are immaculate and the buffet food is good. Beer is also included for the price you pay. Through the hotel you pay $30 for adults and $15 for kids. This is less than what we were quoted before we went, so purchase tickets when you arrive at the hotel. They also have half days available from 1-5 pm.
We were never harassed by the time share people as others have stated. The market vendors on Tuesdays and Saturdays are worth checking out if you want souvenirs but be prepared to barter as they will start off with ridiculous prices. There is a lobster dinner at the beach on wednesday nights that you can pay extra to attend.
All in all it was a great vacation but because of the food we would probably not return.

Room Tip: S block is a fantastic location near the pool and the beach.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tropicalsuitescasino, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello 71Mommy2,
Thank you very much for your review letting everyone to know how you spent your holidays with us.
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed our waterpark what gives the hotel an extra value that no other hotel has in the Caribbean.
Regarding your issue with the food is good to know that you enjoyed our restaurants a la carte as well as the food at the water park.
As you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety of them, in order to increase the satisfaction of our customers.
Please do not hesitate to write me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issue in a more personal way.
Athens Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just back from a great stay at the Sirenis Tropical Suites. This was our first time at this resort and in the Domincan Republic. The staff at this resort go out of their way to make your stay the very best that they can. We made a few requests and the staff acted promptly to ensure that things were done quickly and efficiently. The resort itself is very nicely laid out with many areas for socializing and relaxing. We stayed during peak season with full capacity and yet did not seem crowded. The food was good at the buffet and the A La Carte restaurants. We tried the steakhouse, the italian, mexican, seafood and the japanese. These were all good except the seafood restaurant in which was not a favourite of our group. We went with a group of 17 people and all the restaurants accommodated out entire group allowing us to sit together.The beach and pool were excellent with lots of places to relax and play. The only complaint for us was the pressure from the staff trying to get you to a VIP lunch or breakfast. I know it is there job and some may be interested but this was not for us. I have a few honourable mentions and that was our cleaning lady for block T, Jesus at the front desk he was very responsive and very nice he represents your resort very well, ANGEL who is an angel he is one of a kind always smiling and very personable miss you already, Juan who was very helpful in setting up our dinners and always offered a kind smile and advice on the area and tours. There were many other staff who stood out I would have to say the staff at this resort were the friendliest that I have ever encountered. Thank you for showing us a great time in the Domincan Republic!

Hello Cyndinrob,
Thank you very much for your comment and also the mentions to part of the staff that i am sure will be very happy to hear from you.
As you say is the staff what makes the difference and it is in them where we have our best value.
I am also very happy to know that your anniversary celebration reached your expectations.
Please take my email to contact me any time if you decide to come back to the resort.
Hope to see you all back very soon.
Email: assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Before I go on and rate the hotel I need to give all future travelers a hidden gem tip. When walking out on the beach and going to the left, about 10 m, you will soon find yourself near some old turquoise huts where locals are trying to sell you souvenirs. The first one, with the big colorful hammock is actually a seafood restaurant. We were recommended this place by our surfing instructor and honestly it was the best food during the vacation. Fish were taken out of sea, put on the grill and sprinkled with some lemon. Along with a cold beer and the beach under your feet it was my dream scenery come true. It's not part of the hotel, so many people will miss this place having bought the all inclusive package, but I've done my part to tell you it is there!

As far as the hotel goes, in the end we were satisfied with our stay there, however there were some memorable moments along the way. When we arrived, we were told we were getting an upgrade - when we saw the room, we were sure we got the wrong one. Smelly, old and dirty was not our idea of upgrade. We went back to the reception which would not believe something was wrong with the room, after a short discussion though they helped us out and got us a room by the pool - much better, fresher and cleaner and in a good location (i.e. close to everything) so we were happy with that. One particular thing about this room was the fan vs. electricity. When the fan worked, the electricity didn't. We asked to get it fixed several times, but after a few tries, we just went along with it.

Another interesting adventure was when we left our laundry on Monday and got it back (after a somewhat heated discussion) on Thursday, even though we had asked for it during the previous days. This may not seem bad, but we were leaving Friday morning! Turns out, they didn't write down whose laundry it was so it was hanging in the managers office since Tuesday ready to be picked up.

Overall, the staff was mostly very helpful, but some of them acted like we were there on their terms and could maybe count on service. It needs to be pointed out that they were the few ones that didn't get tipped.

We went to explore the resort as I wanted to buy some sunscreen but the lady at the shop told me two bottles for 50 dollars I thought I heard her wrong. A tip is therefore to bring all you need, not because you won't be able to find it but because you will either have to overpay or walk 2 km or so in scorching heat to get something at the nearest "mall". As there is nothing outside those big resorts, they can basically do anything they want.

Also, many guest arrived during our stay and some set out as early as 6 am to book their chair near the pool/beach. You either take part in this ridiculous race or are the last man standing without a place to sunbath. Other than that both the whole area and the pool were kept clean the whole time, during our 7 day stay we didn't see any bugs! Beach was always crowded (near the hotel that is) but beautiful and you can go for very long walks both ways - it just goes on and on. That was a very big plus for me.

As for the food, it was actually not as bad as it tends to be when travelling all inclusive, many meals were pretty good but I have to say breakfast was the best one: all things you can imagine plus more, freshly squeezed juice and omelettes made on the spot. Throughout the day, there was always buffets available so once could snack on anything from fresh fruit and nachos to a full meal. There were also two bars which you could access straight from the pool and they were always crowded. Even though the drinks were a bit cheated, they were nice refreshments during those warm days.

Overall, yes, I would still choose this hotel. It gave us all we needed for this trip - sun, comfort and not moving an inch. Some of those moments that were an annoyance we just went with in the end, and that ended up in a really relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We were in the house nearest the pool, rooms were pretty good, close to everything and not loud at a...
Hello EwaStockholm,
First of all I have to thank you for your review, reflecting that overall you had good holidays with us.
When it comes to food I am happy to hear that you found it quite good. As for the people, it is also nice to know that you found the Dominican people very pleasant and helpful, and this is what really makes the difference.
I can see that you also enjoyed the long walks along the beach, another thing that makes this place remarkable.
I want to invite you to write me if you decide to come back in the future in order to make your satisfying stay a wonderful stay.
Email: assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just got back from a 2 week wedding celebration at the Sirenis. My husband and his 2 children had never travelled, so they had no idea what to expect. The moment we got there, he said we were coming back next year and for 3 weeks! :)
The wedding planner Sorvianny was lovely and I couldn't have asked for better. She planned everything perfectly and everything went off without a hitch. The flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious, and the photos were awesome.
We were in Building S on the tropical side which was right by the pool and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Perfect location. It's a large resort so it's a long walk to any of the restaurants or lobby, but so very worth it. My father was on crutches and any time he needed to go anywhere, someone picked him up with a wheelchair and brought him wherever he wanted to go.
The buffet was great! The oriental a la carte was our favorite, and the mexican and steakhouse were also very good.
Jonathan and Jency at the swim up bar were fabulous who always had another drink ready for us before the one in our hand was even empty!
The shows in the evening were entertaining and they do a really great job. The casino was also a lot of fun, and the only complaint I have about that is that it gets really smokey. My husband smokes so he loved it, but I had to get fresh air every once in a while.
The concierge were very persistand in getting you to go to the VIP breakfast, but that's their job so I can't blame them. We kindly said no a few times, and by the middle of the second week they stopped asking.
Get up early (6:30am) to reserve your chair by the pool because they go fast!
We definitely would love to come back here for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tropicalsuitescasino, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello krickkrack,
I am very glad to read that your dream wedding went perfect and that the whole family cannot wait to come back here next year.
I have to say that Soriviany is an exceptional professional always looking into the detail. She will be delighted to know that her job was really appreciated.
I will also pass your comments to Jonathan and Jency that I’m sure will remember you and your family.
Please write me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back to the resort for your 1st anniversary to do my best for your family to spend a great time with us.
Joaquin Mateo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Punta Cana; we love this island! Beaches can be walked for miles unlike many other Caribbean isld's. This was our first trip w/a child out of the US. The resort was very nice, BUT huge!! Landscaping was amazing, gardens--beautiful!! Not to be a huge complainer, but I will list all the 'ok' stuff, so u can make an informed decision on staying here. As mentioned in other posts on here---we were harassed by the resort folks to sign up for their, "VP package" and this would happen multiple times daily-to the border where u were overly annoyed. It was worse than the beach peddlers that want u to spend $ on their gifts. We found this soo over the top that I would not go back to this resort. The food was bland; rooms not overly special--but, as mentioned, drinks were plenty, u felt safe there, staff was friendly enough. OH, u only get a choice of 2 restaurants to visit in the week's time, which we were not aware of, all others were buffet loctn's. WE personally loved the Excellence, 1 resort up that had hot tubs in the rooms, amazing food, over the top friendly folks, and rooms were all marble-beautiful!! Smaller resort however, which we liked. This one was kid friendly, but only a handful where there when we went in Feb. TON of European's, everyone smoked, not enjoyable--but having the water park attached is a plus for those w/kids. And as someone mentioned, beds were hard as boards.

Room Tip: pay the extra $ for water view...the Coco building K is the best view for ocean at whole resort.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Sirenis. Stayed in a Jr. Suite on the Tropical side. Have to thank Jana for giving us a great room location. I had emailed ahead asking for a room close to the pool and beach since my husband has 2 artificial hips. We were in building M right accross from the pool. The rooms were sparse but clean. Had a small mini bar, which was filled every day. Asked for more bottled water and got plenty every day. Staff was helpful and nice. Give the bartenders a tip and they will remember what you drink and you won't have to ask for a refill. Lobby bar was best and Pascual was great. Food was ok. Omelettes in the morning were very good. Lunch recommend the bbq chicken on the beach although some days it was dry. Dinner had variety but beef most days you couldn't cut. Fish had small bones at times. True the beds are hard and the pillows lumpy but i slept well every night. The beach some days were very windy and you have to get up early to reserve a chair either at the beach or pool. I have stayed at much fancier and expensive hotels, but for the money it was nice. Hey its 80 and sunny every day thats why we went. Only problem we had was that our ride to the airport never showed up. was an hour late so we took a cab. Just made our flight. Not sure whose fault that was. Rci rep Edwing was nice and helpful. Won't be eating chicken this week but all in all would recommend.

Room Tip: Recommend bldg M. Close to everything.
Hello Occidental2urist,
Thank you very much for your comment reflecting the time you had with us.
I have to say that we take very seriously every email that arrives to us asking us for any information or requirement like it is your case.
I will pass to Jana your thanks as she will be very happy to hear that all went the right way for you.
I leave you my email assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you want to come back to the resort to welcome you personally.
Joaquin Mateo
In House Manager

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!