“In the end, a satisfying stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #69 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Stockholm, Sweden
“In the end, a satisfying stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Before I go on and rate the hotel I need to give all future travelers a hidden gem tip. When walking out on the beach and going to the left, about 10 m, you will soon find yourself near some old turquoise huts where locals are trying to sell you souvenirs. The first one, with the big colorful hammock is actually a seafood restaurant. We were recommended this place by our surfing instructor and honestly it was the best food during the vacation. Fish were taken out of sea, put on the grill and sprinkled with some lemon. Along with a cold beer and the beach under your feet it was my dream scenery come true. It's not part of the hotel, so many people will miss this place having bought the all inclusive package, but I've done my part to tell you it is there!

As far as the hotel goes, in the end we were satisfied with our stay there, however there were some memorable moments along the way. When we arrived, we were told we were getting an upgrade - when we saw the room, we were sure we got the wrong one. Smelly, old and dirty was not our idea of upgrade. We went back to the reception which would not believe something was wrong with the room, after a short discussion though they helped us out and got us a room by the pool - much better, fresher and cleaner and in a good location (i.e. close to everything) so we were happy with that. One particular thing about this room was the fan vs. electricity. When the fan worked, the electricity didn't. We asked to get it fixed several times, but after a few tries, we just went along with it.

Another interesting adventure was when we left our laundry on Monday and got it back (after a somewhat heated discussion) on Thursday, even though we had asked for it during the previous days. This may not seem bad, but we were leaving Friday morning! Turns out, they didn't write down whose laundry it was so it was hanging in the managers office since Tuesday ready to be picked up.

Overall, the staff was mostly very helpful, but some of them acted like we were there on their terms and could maybe count on service. It needs to be pointed out that they were the few ones that didn't get tipped.

We went to explore the resort as I wanted to buy some sunscreen but the lady at the shop told me two bottles for 50 dollars I thought I heard her wrong. A tip is therefore to bring all you need, not because you won't be able to find it but because you will either have to overpay or walk 2 km or so in scorching heat to get something at the nearest "mall". As there is nothing outside those big resorts, they can basically do anything they want.

Also, many guest arrived during our stay and some set out as early as 6 am to book their chair near the pool/beach. You either take part in this ridiculous race or are the last man standing without a place to sunbath. Other than that both the whole area and the pool were kept clean the whole time, during our 7 day stay we didn't see any bugs! Beach was always crowded (near the hotel that is) but beautiful and you can go for very long walks both ways - it just goes on and on. That was a very big plus for me.

As for the food, it was actually not as bad as it tends to be when travelling all inclusive, many meals were pretty good but I have to say breakfast was the best one: all things you can imagine plus more, freshly squeezed juice and omelettes made on the spot. Throughout the day, there was always buffets available so once could snack on anything from fresh fruit and nachos to a full meal. There were also two bars which you could access straight from the pool and they were always crowded. Even though the drinks were a bit cheated, they were nice refreshments during those warm days.

Overall, yes, I would still choose this hotel. It gave us all we needed for this trip - sun, comfort and not moving an inch. Some of those moments that were an annoyance we just went with in the end, and that ended up in a really relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We were in the house nearest the pool, rooms were pretty good, close to everything and not loud at a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocotalbeach, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello EwaStockholm,
First of all I have to thank you for your review, reflecting that overall you had good holidays with us.
When it comes to food I am happy to hear that you found it quite good. As for the people, it is also nice to know that you found the Dominican people very pleasant and helpful, and this is what really makes the difference.
I can see that you also enjoyed the long walks along the beach, another thing that makes this place remarkable.
I want to invite you to write me if you decide to come back in the future in order to make your satisfying stay a wonderful stay.
Email: assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com
In House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just got back from a 2 week wedding celebration at the Sirenis. My husband and his 2 children had never travelled, so they had no idea what to expect. The moment we got there, he said we were coming back next year and for 3 weeks! :)
The wedding planner Sorvianny was lovely and I couldn't have asked for better. She planned everything perfectly and everything went off without a hitch. The flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious, and the photos were awesome.
We were in Building S on the tropical side which was right by the pool and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Perfect location. It's a large resort so it's a long walk to any of the restaurants or lobby, but so very worth it. My father was on crutches and any time he needed to go anywhere, someone picked him up with a wheelchair and brought him wherever he wanted to go.
The buffet was great! The oriental a la carte was our favorite, and the mexican and steakhouse were also very good.
Jonathan and Jency at the swim up bar were fabulous who always had another drink ready for us before the one in our hand was even empty!
The shows in the evening were entertaining and they do a really great job. The casino was also a lot of fun, and the only complaint I have about that is that it gets really smokey. My husband smokes so he loved it, but I had to get fresh air every once in a while.
The concierge were very persistand in getting you to go to the VIP breakfast, but that's their job so I can't blame them. We kindly said no a few times, and by the middle of the second week they stopped asking.
Get up early (6:30am) to reserve your chair by the pool because they go fast!
We definitely would love to come back here for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tropicalsuitescasino, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello krickkrack,
I am very glad to read that your dream wedding went perfect and that the whole family cannot wait to come back here next year.
I have to say that Soriviany is an exceptional professional always looking into the detail. She will be delighted to know that her job was really appreciated.
I will also pass your comments to Jonathan and Jency that I’m sure will remember you and your family.
Please write me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back to the resort for your 1st anniversary to do my best for your family to spend a great time with us.
Joaquin Mateo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Punta Cana; we love this island! Beaches can be walked for miles unlike many other Caribbean isld's. This was our first trip w/a child out of the US. The resort was very nice, BUT huge!! Landscaping was amazing, gardens--beautiful!! Not to be a huge complainer, but I will list all the 'ok' stuff, so u can make an informed decision on staying here. As mentioned in other posts on here---we were harassed by the resort folks to sign up for their, "VP package" and this would happen multiple times daily-to the border where u were overly annoyed. It was worse than the beach peddlers that want u to spend $ on their gifts. We found this soo over the top that I would not go back to this resort. The food was bland; rooms not overly special--but, as mentioned, drinks were plenty, u felt safe there, staff was friendly enough. OH, u only get a choice of 2 restaurants to visit in the week's time, which we were not aware of, all others were buffet loctn's. WE personally loved the Excellence, 1 resort up that had hot tubs in the rooms, amazing food, over the top friendly folks, and rooms were all marble-beautiful!! Smaller resort however, which we liked. This one was kid friendly, but only a handful where there when we went in Feb. TON of European's, everyone smoked, not enjoyable--but having the water park attached is a plus for those w/kids. And as someone mentioned, beds were hard as boards.

Room Tip: pay the extra $ for water view...the Coco building K is the best view for ocean at whole resort.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Sirenis. Stayed in a Jr. Suite on the Tropical side. Have to thank Jana for giving us a great room location. I had emailed ahead asking for a room close to the pool and beach since my husband has 2 artificial hips. We were in building M right accross from the pool. The rooms were sparse but clean. Had a small mini bar, which was filled every day. Asked for more bottled water and got plenty every day. Staff was helpful and nice. Give the bartenders a tip and they will remember what you drink and you won't have to ask for a refill. Lobby bar was best and Pascual was great. Food was ok. Omelettes in the morning were very good. Lunch recommend the bbq chicken on the beach although some days it was dry. Dinner had variety but beef most days you couldn't cut. Fish had small bones at times. True the beds are hard and the pillows lumpy but i slept well every night. The beach some days were very windy and you have to get up early to reserve a chair either at the beach or pool. I have stayed at much fancier and expensive hotels, but for the money it was nice. Hey its 80 and sunny every day thats why we went. Only problem we had was that our ride to the airport never showed up. was an hour late so we took a cab. Just made our flight. Not sure whose fault that was. Rci rep Edwing was nice and helpful. Won't be eating chicken this week but all in all would recommend.

Room Tip: Recommend bldg M. Close to everything.
Hello Occidental2urist,
Thank you very much for your comment reflecting the time you had with us.
I have to say that we take very seriously every email that arrives to us asking us for any information or requirement like it is your case.
I will pass to Jana your thanks as she will be very happy to hear that all went the right way for you.
I leave you my email assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you want to come back to the resort to welcome you personally.
Joaquin Mateo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went away with my wife and her dad, it was his 70th birthday. The resort is basic and straight forward, bar when u walk in, buffet restaurants then the grounds of the resort. Very spacious, nicely layed out, large pool area. The beach was a little rough so i stayed by the pool, getting a chair by the pool can be a challenge but by 2pm alot of people leave so if your patient it all works out. beach seems easier to find a chair.
sandy beach was lovely and spotless, staff always cleaning up cups and plates.
no lineups at pool bar or lunch buffet which was nice, usually the pool bar smells like urine and has a bunch of fatsos hogging the space but not so bad at this place.
Alot of europeans (80%) so dont expect to make friends, 10% french canadian, little ontario canadian population, and some americans but they keep to themself mostly because they dont know how to travel.
food was ok, steakhouse a nice treat with the waiter Damaso who was very pleasant. Mediterranean had fish and italian was garbage, like dog food squished into pantyhose would be your canneloni dish but i dont go to eat good food so you will get through it and won't get sick i dont think. apparently japanese is good but didn't go.
beds always clean and well made, pillows are ok and bed a little stiff but you can sleep on the beach if you are still tired after you get up.
The bar staff at the lobby bar, these guys were the best. Always smiling, always talking and they will remember your face and even your name if you tell them. They sang happy bday to my father in law as did every restaurant throughout the week which i thought was a nice human touch. Whether you tipped the bar staff or not the service was excellent and stayed that way for the week. A special mention to Melvyn, Polaco, Jimy, Salserin, Edwin, Manuel and Pascual. They were the best!
On the grounds the sales staff will hassle you a bit for timeshare meetings but i just told them i came to rest and not to be hassled and they were fine with that, basically they are just doing there job.
This is a nice resort, it's clean, its very friendly, food is pretty good. I was told the resort was at capacity but it didnt seem that way, no lineups, or feeling smothered by tourists. Mostly an older crowd, hardly any 35-47 age bracket, mostly older people and some families but whiny kids didnt get on my nerves, most families had teenagers so everyone seemed grown up.
Punta cana is my favourite vacation destination and this resort will keep you smiling i think.

adam

Room Tip: if you get a second floor it will smell less musty than a ground floor, we asked for a change and th...
Hello Adam J,
I am so happy to hear you had a great time with us and that your father in law will remember his birthday for ever.
I will pass your comments to all the staff you mention knowing that they will remember you.
Please feel free to contact me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you think to come back in the near future.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

For one week me and my fiance had the greatest time ever, we went to this hotel as a recomendation from some friends and we can stop thanking them for the advise, since the arrival we were in love with this hotel , great service , smiling staff, clean rooms, clean beach and a hugeeee swimming pool, we visited the a la carte restaurants, at the buffet there was plenty of variety ( I am a demanding eater ) and always find what to eat omellets cook rigth in front of you and a grilled fish and meat,if you want there is also a bbq by the beach everyday for lunch, the animation staff was great always making funny competitions and at night a live band will play and at the teather they have shows every night, we really had a good time and cant wait to be back there!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my fiance just returned from our vacations in Sirenis Punta Cana, we had a great time since the arrival , the staff will welcome you with an smile and fresh and cold cocktails, they gave us the information and we were send to our room, wonderfull view i have to say, two bouble beds, ac,tv and a minibar with water and soda, the cleaning lady will come everyday to restock it and put clean towels, we had reservations for the thematics restaurants and all the other nights went to the buffet, ( THEY GALA DIINNER ONCE A WEEK ), the beach was clean and so the pool, a plus for the hotel is the aquapark, relaxing and fun is all I can say. Cant wait to be back !!!!

Hello Laurell T,
Thank you for comment showing that you spent great time with us. It really reflects the effort of all the team to make our visitors have a great time.
I leave you my email address if you decide to come back to make your holidays as great as the ones you just had.
Email: assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com