“Excellent staff! But not a 5*......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #66 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
london
“Excellent staff! But not a 5*......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went to this hotel and stayed for two weeks as a solo traveller. Had quite a few problems to start with and the staff all said things would be fixed after me constantly badgering them. Three days later no one had done anything at all. Went to see a manager (Marceleno) and changed rooms. There I had yet more problems which were a socket hanging off a wall exposing all the live wires which I had touched without knowing to turn on the light. I only realised when the phone did not work and looked down to see the wires for the nearby socket. The shower kept flooding to my calves and the furniture was either really old or broken. Marceleno though is excellent and did his best to make everything as good as he could. I would reccommend seeing him should you have any problems with anything during your stay.
Good things about the hotel;
Friendly and attentive staff usually
Lots of security throughout resort
Varied meals with different themes
Good base to bus around or to use motor conchos
Nice beach to stroll around
Bad things;
Beach was hardly ever cleaned weed, glass and plastic strewn all over
No trays of crab, lobster, or prawns like other 5*s
If you get to breakfast early (from 5 to 7) last night's dinner is still on offer.
Dominicans flood the hotel on fridays to sunday evening and take over the hotel. Meal times are mental. Got pushed around and could not get to the food unless I did the same.

But on a good note because of the people both on and off the resort, I had an awesome time.
This also is not the beach of the postcards as it is yellow brown. Go to Bavaro for that dream.
If you want to meet great people come here. It also helps if you speak a little of the language.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room so you dont have to hear high heel clad peoples stomping around after the ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Polish first
Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here for a week with my daughter 27th Sept- 4th Oct 12.

This was my 5th visit to the DR, but always stayed in Dreams hotels before. Food in the dreams hotels is probably better, but the service in this hotel is unbeatable the best of all the hotels. The staff were excellente!!

This hotel is absolutely fine for the money you pay! If you want better food etc... (couldnt actually get better service it was excellent) pay more money.

The food was okay, definately always something you could eat.
The lobby bar with Henry, Palaco, Manwell and Millie was the best those guys were brilliant we never had to ask for a drink they just kept arriving. They all have their own special cocktails and worth trying them all.

Beach was really nice and Wison at the beach bar gave fantastic service too.

Blackberry was a fun entertainer.

Aqua park was really fun worth a visit.

The hotel manager was really good and had a chat with us the day we left, he wanted honest opinions of his hotel, but I cant really complain.

Willie in guest services was very very helpful, thank you Willie.

I would go back for a holiday there as it was definately value for money.

The reviews complaining need to get a life, and remenber you are in the DR not in Europe or the USA and things will be done differently including food. And they all dont speak english because they are not english, but we could try learning spanish instead then communication would not be a problem.

If you are thinking of booking just do it it is worth it for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cocotalbeach, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello Janice F,
Thank you very much for your comments as i will personally pass them to all the staff, specially the people you mention, that I’m sure will really appreciate.
As you mention it, the service is our most valuable asset, and it’s with comments like these ones, where the whole team can see reflected the efforts that they do to make customers be willing to come back.
Contact me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com for any further comment that you wish me to transmit to the team, or if you want to come back again to personally try to make your holidays as good as the last ones.
Joaquín
Assistant Manager
Silver Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This all-inclusive is definitely worth the price. My room was spacious and lovely, with a very comfortable bed, a beautiful view from the balcony, a working mini-fridge, and air conditioning that always worked. The property was absolutely gorgeous, with only minor flaws (an elevator out of service in one building, a missing switch cover in my room, broken wood at the bottom of my bathroom door). The room was always well cleaned, with fresh flower petals left on the towels each morning.

The buffets offered a huge choice--not all successful, but enough choices that there were always plenty of good things to eat. Breads and desserts were consistently excellent; many of the entrees were mediocre, but nothing was really bad. As with many buffets, everything that can be hurt by overcooking will be, but that's hard to avoid with steam tables. The theme restaurants were not all available everyday--it seemed as if they only opened two a day, though I went in October, which is a bit off season--but getting reservations was not a problem. All but one was included in the price. I didn't try the ones that were open when I was there (Italian, Steak, Mexican) because the menus were pretty standard, but if you really just want a steak and a caesar salad, for example, the steak would be a good choice. They had a great drink menu that was available at all of the bars, and everything was terrific.

Pools were clean and huge, and the beach was pristine. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Some of the tour providers complained that this property was a little farther away than the other resorts, but not so far that there were extra charges or any problems being picked up for tours. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Walsall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

burst pipe in ceiling first night, fag burns in blankets, mouldy matress, rusty bed, bath scum, same in second room and in third room yet another burst pipe, i slipped and suffered a head inury. noone sorts hotel issues out, you have to constantly keep asking. took us 4 days to get an iron that worked and a ironing board that didnt collapse. drinks dispencers are swarming with wasps that crawl up the pipes and go into your drinks when you use them. hotel swamped friday saturday sunday with locals and market traders. they hassel you too. Entertainment was rubbish, everything was overpriced, beach full of weed with murky water. food crap, and i mean crap. alacarte food a joke! burt rice? we was offered to buy drugs by a hotel staff too. And what ever you do DONT DO THE THOMAS COOK ENDOURSED MONSTER TRUCK SAFARI. they will hassel you to buy the hole time and if you dont as we found out, they will cut your exursion short early and send you home in a nissan micra. i have stopped in 3 star hotels with better food and service. My complaint letter with photos and video was 38 pages long, other customers were constantly complaining while we were there too. TRUST ME DO NOT GO, The rep said on the first day the water is bad and you will be ill if you drink it. we did not , but it is in the food, drinks dispencers everywhere. oh and at one point we saw a local letting her 5 year old son urintate down a drain by the pool, as they are from a third world! tropical suites? as i say i have plenty of photos, you would have to see them to believe them. and the staff including the reps just do not care. if you havent booked,,,,dont! inbox me and i will send you photos. If you have, my deepest apologies. ta

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This resort was beautiful, the main pool was pretty big and right behind the pool chairs you had a gorgeous view of the beach, which was an amazing view. The entertainment team was really good, they always had activities going and were very friendly. The food was O.K, by the end of the week my stomach was a bit ruined because of the constant same food being served. The hotel rooms were not bad but not amazing, think you will not be in there very often, we did find a lizard in our room but they are harmless, everything else with the rooms were fine and we stayed in a basic hotel room. The people working here were very friendly too, and fun. The clubs at night time were pretty good, you will have fun.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach will be amazing to wake up to every morning
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the sirenis in September and have just come back and booked the sirenis in Mexico ! I honestly have nothing bad to say about this resort, and the only way I can think that people are writing bad reviews is if they was in the cocotel side of the hotel, we stayed in tropical suite block Q, the room was the best I've ever seen, really clean and fridge always stocked every day also with fresh towels,
The staff could not be any friendlier and although there is a language barrier sometimes you have to remember you are in there country, but overall the English is brilliant,
The food is great and that's saying something as im a fussy eater !, there is so much choice of you can't find anything then your just being picky !!, definately try the Japanese, it's amazing.
The animation team are such a great laugh including beyonce, snoopy, blackberry, lady gaga and Raphael !
What a gang they are hillarious, the entertainment at night is the best I've ever seen,
We had a few issues with the rooms as we was a party of 6 but as soon as you ring reception they are there within 10 mins and fix it straight away, you can't expect everything to be perfect and they can't keep control over all them rooms without something going wrong bit as long as you tell them it's sorted with no problem at all,
The ony thing I can recommend is make sure it is not a bank holiday when you book as 2000 locals turned up for the weekend and it was awfull, we got pushed out of the theatre, felt very unsafe and they were the rudest people I've ever met so make sure you find this out beforehand or book trips on them days, we spoke to jaquelin the manager and he treated us very well and made sure we was looked after during our stay and made us feel very safe !! Out of 2 weeks this was the only problem we had, the reviews that say the locals turn up every weekend is true but only about 100 of them as you don't realise they are there so ignore any reviews about this,

Overall it was the best holiday I've ever had and that why we have chosen to go to the Mexico sirenis next year and we will now be vip's as we've been to one before so I can not wait, honestly get it booked you won't regret it x

• Stayed September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

first impression
Stunning to look at was totally blown away with how nice the place looks the staff was amazing

Rooms
Average really nothing special but air con worked fine had problem with toilet a lot wouldn't flush and had water leaking through the light in the bathroom but was sorted within the hour

Pool
Really big plenty of room for nice and quiet except the weekend when an army of locals come and take over the whole place and u can't even get in the pool

Lots to choose from and the restaurants you can book 2 a week which I would recommend at weekends the jade restaurant was amazing really good food I did have a dodgy stomach but I always do when I go on holiday

Beach
Was amazing looked just like out of the movies plenty of room to sunbath

Good
Staff were great friendly and helpful

Bad
we changed room because we got poisoned on our floor they were doing a referb and the paint stripper and white spirit was blowing out into our rooms the smell was too strong to even go in the room we all was being sick and nearly passed out we called reception 3 times and told them but nothing got done by this time we was really angry packed out cases and got out of there if we didn't notice the smell we could a died..

The Locals
They come Friday -Sunday and take over the whole complex we felt intimidated and very uncomfortable

Overal
I would go again for sure but would book my day trips and restaurant meals at the weekends to keep away from the crazyness my dad and wife have been 3 times and are going again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!