“Sirenis Aquagames made our family’s vacation so much better!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal
“Sirenis Aquagames made our family’s vacation so much better!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family and I stayed one week at the Sirenis Cocotal Resort and had an amazing time. Our room was great, very clean and well decorated. There was a great variety of food at the buffet and the “A la carte” restaurants were great, especially the Japanese, very entertaining for the kids! We had a great time at the pool and the beach. The sand is very nice and the water was great! There were some small waves to play in. With two kids (4 and 8 years), the Sirenis Aquagames water park was a great to have, we went almost every day. The park has everything for everyone! From a 2 year old to a 60 year old, there was something to entertain all of us. For our 8 year old son, and us, there’s the main tower with the big slides. We were very impressed with the safety level and the knowledge of the lifeguards, and the slides are lots of fun! There is also a pirate area for the kids from around 4 to 11 years and also the baby area for the toddlers. I especially loved the palm trees and hammock area to relax throughout the day. I had my little one have a nap there in the afternoon while her dad was up and down the big slides with our son. You can stay at the park all day without needing to go out. They even have food and drinks available all day. We really recommend this hotel if you have kids, the park is a great added value and something to occupy and entertain the whole family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Travelled to Sirenis Cocotal Beach resort in August. Arriving you indeed were greeted with cocktails, and everything was clean. But then it was downhill. They couldn't find our reservations even though they were paid in full. They tried saying that we already used our reservation in March. They put me on the phone with someone who said they had spoken to me before, and it wasn't true becuase i made our reservation online.
Finally they found it, it was in the pile of reservations made "internationally". I guess i must have been confused for a local. (Racial profiling?).
Then we were given Blue bands, and we were explained that with the blue band we were able to go to the waterpark without paying, but we would have to pay for our drinks at the disco. IF we were given a Yellow band we would have to pay for the water park, but not the drinks at the disco. We stayed with the blue band.
We continued on to our rooms. We had two rooms, and i asked them to accomodate my mum in law in a first floor because she uses a cane and has a hard time with stairs. THey told us that they were giving us a room on a 3rd floor, but that there was an elevator. I said fine. (second day, elevator broke, and we were stuck with the stairs...they never fixed the elevator by the time we checked out).
We were harrased by "customer relations" about doing some kind of membership/timeshare. I promised i would return after i rested a bit. They also helped us with the dinner reservations for the restaurants at the resort. I thought this was nice, but of course it was their plan to get us to attend their time share presentation.

The grounds were very well kept, but the Hotel is showing it's age. Cracked Terra cotta tiles, non working elevators (two elevators in my complex, both not working), dirty grout in the bathrooms, rooms, and pools.

Their was a room safe, but you had to pay for it's use, and leave a deposit. This is not the case in any of the other hotels i've stayed at in the DOminican republic. It's usually an electronic safe that you assign a code in on your first night, and you don't have to pay extra. This was an outdated safe, that had one key that anyone else with a key to their safe could of gone into your safe. But something is better than nothing, so i rented the safe.

THE BEDS ARE SO HARD!!!! (this complaint was made by all the other guest i spoke to)
it was horrible, and the pillows were over used and flat. It really felt like i was staying at a HOSTEL....

The Buffet was nice, the food was fresh, and we didn't get sick because of any of the food.
The juices were watered down, but for breakfast they had a section of natural fruit blended juices. That was nice, but for lunch or dinner it was better to drink water.

The water park is pretty new. It is not huge, they have 4 slides/rides, a pool that goes up to 4.5ft (about) and two pool area for kids that is shallow enough for a 2 year old to walk and play. You can eat there, and the food was good as well. We didn't pay for the entrance, but it could possibly be worth the $30.00 they were charging others. The kids had a good time,and the slides were fun.
BUT.... i was questioned why i had a BLUE wrist band and not a yellow one. I was stopped at the door while they confirmed that i had the right band, and they cross referenced it with my room numbers. As i was stopped, a group of about 10 others with blue bands were just waived in. (they were all white and blonde). I said, why are you not questioning them? Their response, "we could tell they are international travelers". To which i replied, "do you seriously think i stole these blue bands from a group of tourists?"
I later complained to management, but nothing was done.

From the restaurants the best was the asian JADE/Hibachi place. It was new, and they do a nice show. The food was fresh, and the service very polite and attentive.
The other restaurant i went to was the steak house. It was not a good place.
One waiter for the whole restauarant, and it was infested with mosquitoes. The steaks were too overdone, and dry.
I also went to the Italian. It was OK, but not great. It was clean, and the service good. But i never expected it to be good. Growing up in little Italy in NY, we are spoiled.

i would never go back to this hotel again, and will not recommend it to others who are spending their hard earned money.

There are many other hotels in the area that are in teh same price range. A lot nicer, and better customer service.
I frequent this island a lot (at least once a year) and i always try to stay at different resorts, but this one i will stear clear for ever...
I'm sure that at one time this was a very nice hotel, now it's outdated and mismanaged.

Leeds, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We travelled to the Sirenis Cocotal Resort in March, and we had a fab time. We travelled from Manchester with Thomas Cook. We had a 4 hour delay on the way out, which after being up from 3.30am you just want to geet on your flight and get there. When arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with some cocktail drinks, which was nice after that journey. We were soon in our room, which was clean and spacious. no problems at all. We were in a block inbetween the main building and the pool.
The grounds were very well kept. Always working hard to keep everywhere tidy. Beware of the sales people on the walk down to the pool. they try and sell yout timeshare, but you need to go to them to book the a la cartes so you will have to see them at some point.
The food was good. Some days it could be a bit bizzare but we always found something. The japanese a la carte was great. We went there twice. Didnt go into the italian so cannot comment. Steakhouse was also very nice.
The pool was huge. Very clean. Two pool bars. They could get a bit louder towards the end of the day. Expected. All the canadians had these huge flask things that they tipped there drinks into to keep them cool which i thought was a good idea. One couple on honeymoon were just pouring full bottles of champagne into them and taking them back to the loungers.
The beach was very nice. See was always calm. Shelved off nicely. Beach was cleaned every day.
We only saw two of the shows that they had on in the theatre. One was a circus and they other was a dance show, which I only went too because I won a bottle of rum in archery. Good times. The circus was ace. They set up a huge trapeze in the audience, had jugglers, clowns, gymnastics, everything you expect. Really good for adults and kids,
We spent most nights in the cocktail bar, trying out all the different ones. Daiquiris are always a winner.
All in all, no complaints about this hotel at all. Wouldnt hesitate to go back again one day. Beautiful beach, beautiful grounds, great staff, clean, tidy, good food.

Room Tip: If you are light sleepers request one away from the theatre. Goes on till pretty late
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

we booked serenis mainly because of the water park and the two-room suites - well here's the news, the water park is a bit lame and potentially not free (we were allowed one free entry then half price thereafter) and half of the two room suites have been knocked through into a single large room with a twin bed area and a single sofa bed area, so if you're looking for privacy for your teenage son (like we did) make sure you get an old style suite (although it appeared that they were changing all the suites to single rooms for reasons beyond our comprehension). so if the water park or thought of a room each is your reason for booking - don't book.

other than that the resort is clean (except the beach which they raked once, in Jamaica the beach was cleaned of weed every day), the food is reasonable and plentiful and you get the opportunity to dine twice each week in a themed restaurant, so as a resort it's fine. The only thing is we just didn't feel......Caribbean, or Dominican, or anything really, the resort could have been anywhere in the world. Swimming and snorkelling off the beach isn't great as the choppy water stirs up all the sand and you can't see 3 feet for most of the time - 5 miles to the east and the sea is amazing, more like we had expected.

The next big rub is the Serenis Premium Travellers club, or time share (which they refuse to admit). you'll be invited to attend a breakfast and tour of the members facilities (which I have to admit are very nice) then you are subjected to a classic 1980's style timeshare sales tag team. Here's the deal, the benefits as a member are a few added luxuries, nicer rooms and alcohol in your fridge, this is also at half the usual price (which they claim works out at $60 per adult per day and $30 per child). You also get the promise of between $350 and $150 per week for accommodation in thousands of hotels worldwide with a 72 hour booking guarantee (which they quickly extend to 90 days when you test them). so half price Serenis and $150 a week worldwide, where's the catch? Their first offer was $15,000 for 175 nights with Serenis and unlimited use of the worldwide offer as long as you had Serenis rooms left "in the bank". The offer is only for accommodation so, based on the room rates we booked the hotel under, it would have taken us 165 weeks of holidays at Serenis to make the $15,000 pay for itself, well over the 25 weeks on offer. They then offered 50 weeks, so still 115 weeks short, next came an "anniversary special" which was 64 weeks for $9,000, which would still take 100 weeks to make it pay. so next we were shown a list of the hotels worldwide where we could stay under their deal, I'd stayed in a couple of them before and paid $450 a week, so I could save $100 a week with the club. That means I would have to spend all 64 weeks in Serenis and a further 33 weeks in other hotels to pay for the $9,000 investment, that's 97 weeks of vacation, or 48 years at 2 weeks per year! Still they insisted it was good value and proceeded to demonstrate the value of it by offering to book our next holiday for us, they couldn't find a flight or accommodation in any of the 3 countries we nominated, and even suggested there was a fault on the internet, pulling out the plug and putting it back in again. We walked out. Be warned, nothing in life is free, and $9,000 is a whole lot of money for nothing and it takes 3 hours of your life that you won't get back.

Room Tip: insist on a two room suite, not a "modernised" suite - the two room suites have two doors...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tropicalsuitescasino, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hello markmsomerset,
First of all I’m glad to read that you found the resort nice and at the same time I would like to apologize for my English cause it’s not my first language.
I have to thank you for your comments that surely are going to help me improve the quality of service that I want to offer to all our customers.
Regarding your issue with the Sirenis Premium Travelers Club I would like to offer you the opportunity to contact me directly to my address below in order to discuss your experience and put you in contact with the Club Operations Manager who will be more than happy to talk personally with you.
On the other hand, I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the commentary about the water park, because at the time of your holidays, international customers in house have free entrance to the park any day during their stay.
Also I would like to let you know that we have different types of room from junior suites opened and junior suites closed (differentiating the main room and the sitting room), to double rooms a little bit smaller. Unfortunately and due to the occupancy we did not have availability of closed junior suites during your stay.
Finally I would like to invite you to contact me personally at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you wish to talk more about any of these issues.
Joaquin
Assistant Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed between August 6th-13th. We had a lovely holiday and despite my criticisms there were some really lovely features about the hotel which I will later list. However the hotel is not a 5*! To be a 5* I believe it would need to work on all the criticisms I am about to discuss.

The not so good: When you arrive take your own suitcase to your apartment we had to wait over an hour for ours to turn up! Rather than the "5/10 mins". Which prevented us being able to explore the hotel, I ended up going to reception to find out where had our cases disappeared to. In general the hotel needs to be a lot cleaner, windows are always filthy, spa and gym are v unclean. The hotel needs to clear up more see weed off their beach etc! I am a gym lover so came prepared to have regular work outs but felt very let down by this gym it is truly AWFUL! All cardio equipment is ancient and broken in many ways, to the extent the treadmill is cellotaped together!! I couldn't get a lot of the equipment to work. In general I just felt it was very unsafe to use!! Even the weighted equipment was so old and difficult to work. Also be warned you are not allowed to enter the gym unless you are in suitable shoes. The spa is a real let down and really not worth visiting. At the Mexican Al a Carte we didn't receive great service nor was there a great menu choice, it was basically what you could get at the buffets. The Mexican is also not in a proper restaurant but one of the snack/lunch huts, this really took away the 'restaurant experience'. The mini club at night was always very empty when we visited so shortly left. There are many extra costs to use the water sports, wifi ($10 an hour!!!), pool tables (5$) safe ($50 deposit and $3 per day charge!!). Many parts of the resort and our room could do with some extra maintenance work there were many leaks etc. Our bedroom lights didn't work and the bath area could do with a re grouting etc. Unfortunately I think the maid we had could have done a lot better job, as our sheets were not changed the whole week and she very often did not leave us with any coffee for our coffee machine etc. We tipped her regularly but unlike in many other hotels she didn't make any extra effort because of this tip to make the sheets or towels look nice etc. The hotel I believe twice a week lets in market sellers, they are very confrontational, forceful and get irate if you are not willing to stop and look at their stools. I got grabbed firmly on the arm by two men. It can also be difficult to avoid them as they are on the main paths heading to the evening buffet. I don't understand why the hotel lets them in if they hassle their guests this much?! On the beach I was also hassled at least 5 times a day by locals selling 'cheap' day trips etc, often I would say no to the same person numerous times a day. In general I think a lot of the bar staff or waiters in the general buffets areas could be a lot friendlier! I got the impression they are not willing to be friendly and give a good service unless you tip them upfront.

The Good: The pool and beach were beautiful and despite reading reviews that the hotel is inundated with locals on the weekend there were still plenty of sunbeds available. During the week the hotel was not overcrowded and was very peaceful. Great choice of activities during the day and fantastic entertainment in the evening. You cannot fault the entertainment staff. Food was fantastic lots of choice in the two main buffet areas and there was new food available every night. The Italian Al la carte was fantastic, great service with lots of lovely food available on the mini buffet on top of your 3 course meal. I would recommend saving your Al la cartes for the weekend when they buffet will be busier than usual with locals. We enjoyed our free entry to the water park on site, it was pretty empty so never had to queue. Appreciated that in the water park you do still get all inclusive drinks and food. In the entire resort all alcohol drinks were all inclusive and these we're not watered down, nor were they stingy in the slightest in the amount they put into your drinks. Me and my boyfriend went on the Catamaran trip to Sanoa Island, this is well worth the money the experience and views are beautiful and unforgettable. The hotel apartments are a good size with a separate lounge room from your bedroom.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Kirsty D,
Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your opinion about your holidays with us cause it will help me to improve the customer service and increase the satisfaction of our guests.
I’m glad to hear that you had a lovely holiday in our resort enjoying our variety of food, the beautiful beach and pool, the animation activities and the comfort of our bedrooms.
On the other hand I would like to address that we are changing some of our menus, including the one at the Mexican restaurant improving like this the experience of having dinner in front of our beach.
We are also renovating the gym area to improve the quality of this service.
Regarding the local market, I’m taking care of the issue personally to don’t let that happen in the future and like this enjoy properly the experience of the local culture.
I also would like you to contact me personally to assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you wish to discuss any of these issues directly with me.

Joaquin

Assistant Manager
Jeresey City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were a large party with several rooms. Two of our rooms had bedbugs!! We changed these rooms only to find the same problem. We were eventually upgraded to better rooms with no bedbugs but by that time the vacation was nearly over and we were already traumatized.

For obvious reasons, we will never return.

Room Tip: Please carefully inspect all beds for bedbugs!!
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Went to the Sirenis in May this year, what can i say had a fabulous 2 weeks!! We stayed in the tropical suites, had a view of the beach which was lovely to wake up to everyday! Cannot fault the staff they were prepared to do anything for you. Our hotel room was always clean & we had our fridge stocked up everyday with drinks which was always nice when you come in from a day of lounging around either at the beach or the pool!! The daytime entertainment team were amazing!! they always encouraged everyone to join in & there was constantly something going on. The evening shows were awesome especially Micheal Jackson! The food was good, i tended to avoid things like pork etc as a few people we'd met were not very well after eating it. But otherwise there was always a lot to choose from the first week seemed to have better choice than the second.
We booked the holiday through Thomas Cook & wanted to do a few day trips but they were rather expensive so we decided to do two trips through Thomas Cook but use the locals for any other trips! We booked a trip to have a tour around the local area & to see the local villages, people & schools etc, we ended up being the only couple on the trip & we were quite apprehensive to be alone with a local but he reassured us & we went out on a buggie and he took us for miles, through many villages were we met the villagers, be aware the children will appear from no were and ul be swarmed as they expect sweets. I wouldn't suggest wearing nice clothes/shoes or jewellery! You get absolutely filthy! It had rained heavily the previous day and we were drenched & incredible dirty. We were taken to a cave were we met another local women who made coffee, sugar, cocoa etc everything was natural. We did feel obliged to buy something but glad we did the coffee is delicious. We were then taken into the cave & our tour guide explained the history of the cave including that there was 8 million bates in this cave! We were safetly returned back to the hotel very wet & dirty but we had had a fabulous day. I would definately recommend going on trips with the locals who are working on the beach.
We also did Dr fish & swimming with dophins through Thomas cook both trip very expensive but definately worth every penny! Swimming with Dolphins was a long coach drive away from the hotel but what can i say it was a once in a life time opportunity and was one of the best days of my life! The Dr fish trip we decided to do the day before we came home, It was a day of complete relaxation a perfect way to end the holiday!

The pool was very large and was very clean, there were plenty of sun beds. The beach was lovely and the sea was incredible calm and clear. We would take bread rolls from the lunch restaurant and feed the fish in the sea there was hundreds. Met some lovely people who we have stayed in contact with! The only negatives i would say would be the Russians they were incredibly rude & loud! They seemed to dominate the hotel in the second week & after a week with them we were ready to come home. Obviously this is not something the hotel can change but when speaking to other holiday makers they all had the same opinion including some spanish tourists we spoke too. Also i would strongly advise you to stay away from one of the workers at the hotel this being Jackson! He seemed very nice at the start but after a few days he wouldn't leave you alone & he was always out for doing you favours if you pay him a large amount, and if you refused he would then get funny with you. You would then see him about and he would make us feel very uncomfortable. Just be careful with Jackson who works the concierge.

Otherwise the holiday at the Sirenis was definately one to remember & i would recommend it! The locals are friendly and the culture & scenery is amazing.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the Tropical suites as they were large & you had the beach view. Sp...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!