“Beautiful place to relax!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #61 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Beautiful place to relax!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

A very nice resort with wonderful gardens and good facilities. The rooms were spacious and clean. The BEACH was amazing with the natural palm tree forest. It was great to make long walks on the both sides as there were no near hotels. The all inclusive was pretty good - a lot of choices.
The spa center was also good with the tangentor and the massages they offered.
It's wonderful place to relax, but if you want fun, night life it's better to go to Bavaro.
I can recommend two excursions - Santo Domingo and the grand trucks. It's worth traveling around the island - you may experience the real life on this part of the island.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

1,991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I went during spring break and was happy to find that the resort was not overrun with drunken college students. If you are looking for a Cancunesque spring break experience, this is not the resort for you.

I booked the trip through Bookit,and was provided with a travel representative,Mel, for the duration of the trip. He was available 24/7 by phone and helped us purchase a ticket to Imagine, the disco. There are a lot of excursions to choose from, and Mel can help you with figuring out what you want to do.

The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. The landscaping is beautiful and everything is well kept. The staff are all extremely friendly and just about all of them speak English,Spanish,French, and German. Throughout the day they have an entertainment team on the beach hosting different games, water aerobics, and dance lessons. It's like camp for adults. At night they host different events that usually call on audience participants. I would highly recommend checking out one of the evening shows at least once. After the shows, the house band sets up and everyone just dances. The house band leaves around 1am, and if you want to continue dancing the on-resort disco is open. I went to the disco on the resort once and did not enjoy it. It seemed to be all of the older male employees just lurking around. if you want to go, go with a group.

The food at the resort was excellent. They had a large variety for every single meal. Food was available from 6am-4am from different buffets, restaurants, and snack bars. The snack bars are the same as the main buffet, except they would have 15 options instead the 40 you could get at the buffet - still a very wide variety. All the water and ice used in the food prep and at the bar is completely safe. They take a lot of precautions in not using the tap water.

The rooms were ok. The bed was a little too hard for my taste. The maids came in every day and replenished the towels and water and soda bottles.

The bars were all great, favorite was the wet bar. Good variety of drinks.

There were always plenty of chairs at the beach and pool no matter what time you showed up. If you want a tiki hut for shade then you would have to get there a little earlier in the day ( before noon-ish).

My only negative comment is about the resort staff responsible for getting people to sign up for the resort's new water park. They would approach multiple times asking if we want tickets. By the third day, all of the reps finally knew that we weren't interested.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My fiancee and I just spent our 5 year anniversary in Punta Cana last week. I was very skeptical about the Dominican Republic overall because of friends and colleagues' review of the destination all in all. My fiancee and I had only traveled to Cuba in the past. Where to start???

The Sirenis Cocotal and Tropical resort is just breath taking. The staff there are incredible, hospitable, and very nice. The concierge that took care of us, Ronaldo, was more than nice and was always striving to make our stay feel 100% at home. If you want someone who knows how to treat his customers with attention, care and respect to the point that you feel like a queen and a king see Ronaldo.

The food is amazing and we fully recommend the Mediterranean a la carte as well as the Steakhouse. Their grill by the beach is also very nice; we ate the grilled chicken from there everyday for lunch.

The beach is wonderful and the water is amazing, you can go into the water until your mid section where you start feeding tropical fish with bread. It's a fun experience both for adults and for children.

The standard rooms, I will have to admit, look a little tired (except for the bathroom area they are very nice) so upgrading to a bronze suite would be good. Their added services like photography is also really good and they take wonderful pictures - we got our engagement pictures there and they turned out very well. Everyday there is a new animal you can take a picture with - like parrots, monkeys, snakes and iguanas.

My only complaint are the salespersons who are selling packages to go the water park. Be firm with them and tell them you are not interested, do not answer to how many days you have left on your trip and just tell them kindly that you are not interested. If you want to know more about the timeshare, we highly recommend it because they do provide great information to you.

All in all, If there was anything I could say - it's that the staff won our hearts and definitely have made us want to go back to this beautiful place again. We are getting married in Punta Cana next year and can't wait.

If you are traveling with Air Transat, make sure that you are in full communication with their reps Julie and Sara - the only downfall of our trip was their organization, lack of empathy and communication and complete disregard for customer service. We almost missed our flight as their organization skills and did not have us registered for our bus transport back to the airport. It was especially difficult especially since we had to rush, run, and our stress levels were very high - not good for someone with an injured ankle and respiratory problems. We are in our 20s but if this happened to someone who is older, disabled or with other more severe health conditions the outcome would have been dire.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bronze suite - it's worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week March 14-21, 2012. Arrived at 1am and check in was fast. Paid $3/day for safe rental and had to leave a $50 deposit which is refundable (keep pink receipt). Internet cost $5 for 30 minutes and there are more options and pricing including wifi.

The room wasn't great but the location of it was. We stayed in K block ocean view. Our concierge called us first thing that morning to see if there were any problems and invited us down to talk to him. After we gave him our concerns he phoned someone, then he began his sales pitch to get us to go the "brief meeting" about booking our next vacation with Sirenis. He didn't call it a time share. I have read many reviews about this and knew what this was all about and I have been through the whole time share harassment experience before. After a few polite no's we had to get up and walk away.. with a friendly handshake mind you. First of all I wouldn't know after 11 hrs total travel time and 4 hours sleep and only 3 hours awake at the resort to decide if I wanted to buy into it all. And all the issues we told him about never did get resolved. The maid was most helpful with some of them.

"Issues" were mainly with the room. Air conditioning barely worked and quit a couple of times and then resurrected it self for no reason. Bedside lamps wouldn't turn on by wall switch like some usually do so the maid found us lamps with switches along the power cord. Shower head didn't work but we still had use of the handheld. The room was cleaned daily and cleaned well. It was outdated and there were the usual signs of age but that didn't bother us because we understood that cleanliness is more important than up to date decor. The beds are hard and the pillows lumpy as others have reported, we both have bad backs and the beds were perfectly fine. We asked the maid for a coffee maker and received one 5 minutes later.

Another issue were the tiny ants. Found some swarming a clean coffee cup at the table next to ours, I told 2 different workers (in English and French) and the second employee just picked up the cup shook it off and replaced it. At the Italian a la cart I had ants running along the rim of my soup bowl. So the moral of this story is check your plates before you dine. Otherwise the cleanliness of the eating areas were fine. These ants are almost microscopic. When I hauled my suitcase out of the closet to pack to go home there were lots of ants hiding underneath it. That's all I saw of ants in the room. When I go south I expect to find a few bugs here and there, and have seen them at every resort I have been to.

We aren't a la cart fans. But we go for the atmosphere, a nice leisurely, quiet supper away from the hustle and bustle of the buffet. We tried Italian and Steak House. We did not enjoy the taste of our meals but taste is individual. We did however find the staff attentive and friendly. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy and really enjoyed the beach BBQ for lunch every day and always found something at the buffet to eat. There is a microwave if you need to heat up your food. For breakfast try the oatmeal. It looks runny but it tastes so good, no need for sugar and milk.

The staff are wonderful. Some times at the buffet I would look around and literally see more staff than patrons. We tipped here and there and it was never expected.

Drinks were good. I like to try many different things and everything tasted good. They have cocktail menus available to help you decide. The bar staff were friendly as well. I know of the sour faced lady others spoke of. We had the opportunity to watch her for a few nights. She is a hard worker and mixes drinks well.

We aren't activity people, but we spent our days at the pool across from the activities hut and were able to observe lots of different activities. The shows at night were good. Animation team are great at their jobs. So many different things to experience that we are considering returning with our teens next year.

The beach is very nice. There are rocks and coral to the left, perfect for snorkeling. Be careful not to stand on this as it does contain precious coral and also houses sea urchins which can sting you if you touch them. The beach is not crowded and nice to walk along. There are lots of beach chairs and shade. No need to get up early to reserve a chair.

They have vendors set up along the walk way to the main lobby twice a week. To better prepare you I will confirm that some are aggressive in trying to get you stop.

I could probably go on and on about our experience here but I will wrap it up now by adding that you could consider Sirenis Tropical reviews in your research as well. They are basically 2 sides of the same coin. I am also open to email questions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
West Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was hoping to have a nice birthday getaway in Punta Cana, but ended up being disappointed with most of the trip, First we arrived at the Hotel at night in a down pour, and had to wait a long time to get our room situated, luckily they offered drinks while we waited, then when we got to our room, the key wouldn't work, after several attempts we finally got into our room and settled in for the night, but as we were just getting to sleep we heard a knock on the door and in walks a strange man who told us that he was there to fix our t.v (which was working fine) I don't know if he got the rooms mixed up, but it was creepy and it happened about three times during the trip, The beds are hard as rocks and the pillows are made with Cotton Balls and we found little sand colored spiders crawling around in the closet, It poured buckets of rain most of our stay, Another problem was there are people who come out and try to sell you stuff and what made me very uncomfortable is they surround you and one guy forced me to dance with him I did not like that. The Food service was however the favorite part of the trip, we had a lovely waitress named Anna in the Buffet lounge, and the A 'La' Cartes especially at the Italian and the Japanese restaurants were awesome, the Chef at the Japanese restaurant was very entertaining and the food was great, the Italian restaurant was very clean and the food and service was very good. The concierges were very friendly and helpful though and we did not thirsty thanks to the lovely service at the bars. And one thing is the hotel staff know how to make your stay as fun as possible with countless activities and shows to see. I would highly recommend going on the Saona Island tour it was allot of fun.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
montreal canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Well we started with a great smile from reception staff, the room was beautifull with a wonderfull view, bartenders really knows what we wants,watires and waitress are really kinds, the maid always clean my room she really cares me,shows from animation team were great.

I will return, to this perfect hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Overall, great resort. Public were very nice, clean and pleasant. The grounds were well kept and scenic. Pool and beach being right next each other was very convenient. Entertainment staff were a lot of fun, but at times could be a little pushy. For example, if you did not wish to participate in an activity, you would be dragged by your arm to participate. Dance shows were great. The food was amazing, always available, large variety, and available at the beach and in the lobby. All service was amazing, a la carte restaurants were great.

However, the rooms were a large draw back to the vacation. Old and tired. If you were taller then 5"5 the shower head was to low to fit under. Bedding was uncomfortable, sheets looked like table clothes. Additionally, there were specific staff assigned to promote activities not included in your trip. We found this highly annoying and found them very pushy, this took away from the relaxing environment that we were hoping for.

Overall, we would recommend this resort.

Overall,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!