“Cocotal side of Sirenis-Punta Cana” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

You added Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #65 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Cocotal side of Sirenis-Punta Cana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I traveled from 1/11-18 with my daughter. Resort itself is very nice, super clean and the gardens spectacular. The staff all very friendly and provide good service. The al a carte meals at the Steakhouse and Jade Japanese were very good. BBQ on the beach was above average. The buffet needs work. I lived on chicken, pork and egg omlets all week. My daughter who has a glutin problem really had a difficult time finding something to eat. Lots of bread and lots of fruit (if you know what it is). The veggie dishes left much to be desired...yuck. I'll have to say if the weather was better, I might be inclined to go up one notch on the rating, but 2 days of sun out of 7 was very disappointing. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were like little lumps of cotton. I don't think I would go back mostly because of the food, but also the weather could have been better.

Room Tip: Be sure you are not by the Casino or ampitheatre. They practice all day for the night show, so if yo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Polish first
Bancroft, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at Sirenis Tropical Jan 27/2012-Feb3/2012. Loved this resort, found food very good, lots of choices. Room very nice. Grounds beautiful, staff amazing, pools and beach awsome. Plan on going back next winter!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Caledonia ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

my wife and I just returned from this resort(feb. 11-18th)...this resort is an hours drive from the airport...layout of resort is not too bad....rooms were clean and presentable but not made up till late in the afternoon...beach is clean and plenty of lounges...pool area was very congested and pools were not cleaned every day...bartender Henry at the tropical swim-up bar was great...very consistant in his drinks...beach bbq was good for hamburgs and chicken at lunch..buffets at pool areas were the same every day and food not hot...main buffets for breakfast and supper were not good...very repetative and food constantly cold...only eggs at breakfast or pasta at supper hot because it is cooked in front of you...deserts all taste the same ...entertainment at night not very professional...same dancers. same dance, different costumes...stayed at the Majestic Colonial last year...it was far superior even tough they are both supposed to be 4.5 star. this was our 8th trip to the dominican and the least enjoyable.. would not recommend this resort..spend a little more and go to the Majestic or another resort in Bavaro

Room Tip: staye in block O...close to beach and pools
Continental,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Rooms did not have wash cloths and you need a adapter from 3 prong to 2 prong if you bring anything with a three prong plug. Safe keys cost extra unless you book through Apple. Housekeeping was very good and the food was very good. Must try Japanese and Lobster dinners. Only real problem was people leaving towels on beach chairs overnight and not showing up till 2:00 pm to use them. Hotel ground crew should pick up all towels when they clean the beach early in the morning. Great beach to walk. Shows were average. Beds are on the firm side.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Feb. 2012
We just got back from the Sirenis Tropical resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic which we found to be a beautiful resort. The flight down on Canjet was good. Great service. We have travelled extensively through the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and been on numerous cruises so we have experienced a lot of resorts. I would rate this one as one of the best. This is also our third visit to the Dominican Republic. The rooms were spotless, the staff were very friendly, the entertainment was very good, especially the Circus one and the Native dance one. The food was good. We went to three Al a Carte restaurants, the Oriental, Mediterranean and the Mexican. We enjoyed all, but the Oriental and the Mexican were the best. You should reserve them as soon as you get there as space is limited. While there I booked a massage which I found very relaxing. We didn't take any tours as we have been there, done that over the years. It was just a week to enjoy the sun and surf. The grounds at this resort were fabulous, so well kept. The beach and pools were kept clean and lots of lounge chairs available. This resort called our room to see if everything was alright and if there was anything they could do for us. I would highly recommend this resort and the Dominican Republic. Jim and Sandra
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: We were in the tropical suites. Closet to the buffets but not a long walk to the pools and beach
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Loved it! The rooms were a bit disappointing and in need of an upgrade but the grounds were absolutely beautiful, the beach was perfect with white sand and palm trees everywhere, the food was really really good, one of the better resorts I have been to when it comes to the food, Japanese and steakhouse was delicious and the buffets were very good (mexican night was a hit and the night they had the ceviche in the coconut bowls was so good!) The bar staff was fantastic, thank you Henry, Manuel and Dariel for taking such good care of us. Tequila sunrise, beer, choco monkeys and coco locos were favourites among our group. We were a large group of friends (ages 26-35) and we had a fantastic time!!

Room Tip: Top floors are nicer because they have a high ceilings. We were in block C it was perfect, very clos...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Worst then that. I'm not a complainer by nature, I promise all that may read this, but I’ve never in my life had so much to complain about within 3 hours of reaching a vacation destination in my life. I've been to several other places in the Caribbean; this is by far the worst. I would rather get a motel 6 in Myrtle Beach then stay here again, correction I would rather sleep in a tent on Myrtle Beach. TO ME, the most important things to any successful vacation (this will sound cliché, sorry) are Food, Folks & Fun. Lets break it on down.
FOOD:
HORRIBLE. Okay they advertise several different restaurants, true, and they are all inclusive for the most part. 1 you have to pay for, but if you agree to an annoying timeshare presentation you get the other Gourmet 1 for free (or that's the offer we got). Okay, there are 2 buffets across from each other that serve the exact same thing, at the same times during the day. Yes 1 side is better than the other but that isn't saying much because they somehow never cook any authentic food, but love to fail horribly at cooking food from places that have nothing to do with the Caribbean, let alone D.R. (Japan, china, Italy, etc.)
Seriously, how do you mess up breakfast? If you can't figure it out, Serinis Punta Cana will show you how! Try ordering an omelet and not only will they not understand what you want in it, for some reason they think you should only cook 1 side of the omelet, then fold it in half leaving the other side raw, runny and disgusting. Bacon? Who on earth can mess up bacon? The Chefs at Serinis Punta Cana not only destroy the art of cooking bacon, but put so much raw bacon in the pan with what potentially might be cooked properly; you'll still not want it, unless you just don't know how bacon is supposed to be cooked in the 1st place. Sausage, oh man.. what about some sort of meat or not, sliced thin and cold beside a hot plate, or a pile of hotdog looking things simmering and sticking to a pan under a hot lamp for hours YUM! I love a warm, thick, fresh, Belgian Waffle covered in decadent dessert like toppings of my own choice; well the staff at Serinis Tropical Suites Punta Cana thinks they are best served cold, in a wicker basket, cut into triangles, with the delicious topping of Chocolate syrup. Don't forget to try the beautiful pan of scrambled eggs floating on top of some other liquefied mass, in the same pan, Maybe cheese, maybe not. You decide.
Folks:
The Hotel staff was efficient, and got us checked in and all rather smoothly, our concierge seemed interested in our vacation experience and we received two complimentary spa visits, and what we believed to be visits to a local animal sanctuary.
The Bartenders were great for the most part, should you go, look for Johan and ask for "MAMAJUANA", plus there are 2 other great bartenders, 1 who looks like Barack Obama and another who is about 6'5,and actually Dominican, with a short fade style haircut. From those descriptions alone you should be able to see EXACTLY who I am talking about. As the others are very short or Haitian and do not speak a word of English, were as these fine gentleman speak English very well, French also, and will even school you on both languages if you wish. And I just love how they pour 1 for you, and 1 for them, "Salud" and throw it back. Great GUYS! There are a couple of waitresses that service the bar area that are great also, 1 named Elizabeth, speaks good English, has a great sense of humor, and doesn't like cigars, but she is real nice and humorous. Another younger girl named Sofi, who is 1 of the cuter girls that work the bar, she doesn't speak much English but is easy to understand your needs, and works her butt off. Also in the Buffets and A la Carte restaurants, the guy waiters are pretty much all very cool, and a few are willing to go completely out of the way to make you happy. Notice I said GUYS. The women, and maybe it's because they thought my woman was Hispanic (she's not) seemed EXTRA RUDE, unless they had an air of confidence because they were sort of cute themselves. The ugly ones did nothing to help their lack of looks with their horrible disposition. The timeshare people are a pain in the butt, and trying to swindle you. The upper level hotel management is ok, and the house keeping is ok, except you might want to stay in your room during at least 1 cleaning, to let them feel as if they have an eye on them. I put a do not disturb sign on the door and took a walk to get cigars, and left my lady to nap, she woke up with the woman coming in the door trying to put the sign on the back side of the doorknob, Looking surprised that somebody was there. She never saw that same woman again, but we saw the same housekeepers all the other days.
While you are here you will be presented with the opportunity to purchase goods and jewelry from local Dominicans who are allowed to set up a sort of street side vendor alley in the main stretch of the resort. Ok, I'm lying; these guys and women come in with a bunch of tables full of trinkets, cheap jewelry, and BS claims of artisan ship. NOW, there was a guy who rolled me a great cigar, but the big Black guy tried to sell me a pack of lesser cigars for $45, then $25, but he stopped when I told him I just got the same ones last night for $13 from the hotel itself. I paid $5 for the fresh cigar and walked on. 2 guys begged me with the exact same sob story of 4 kids and it's their 1st day working, then 1 of them tried to sell me some weed. 1 guy told me he knew me from New Jersey and another tried to say he and my woman looked alike. Creative ways to get a sale? NOOOOO, creative begging is more like it. I think the timeshare guy got fired after we didn't buy it because before all was said and done he was willing to give up part of his commission to add something I didn't want in the 1st place, then we didn't see him anymore, and he looked to be sad when I finally just got up and walked away from him and his boss, after 180 minutes, not 90 minutes promised. When you are going to check out, there is a tall dark skin fellow named Edwing that is going to swindle you for no good reason what so ever other then he thinks he is smart and slick. No wonder Haitians have it bad. Once they get a little education and some status they think everybody is freaking stupid other than them. He is going to tell you “A taxi back to the airport is $70, so if you get somebody else to go in with you, they can share the price." We took that taxi back with another family. When me and the gentleman split the $70 (35 apiece) and handed it to him, dude all of a sudden knew English, and told us NO, that's not right and called Edwing (yes I am spelling his name right. EDWING). He then handed me the phone and I repeated Edwing's words to him, about sharing the ride back to the airport. He then says "No, that's $70 per guest room, you 2 owe him $140."
I was about to hand dude the phone and walk off, like forget ya'll come get it, and get ready to call my lawyer, but the other guy just handed him $100 bill like he was cool with being lied to.
FUN:
Remember when I wrote 2 tickets to what I believed to be a local animal sanctuary. WRONG, they have the name and pictures of the place on the card, like a Sea World season pass, BUT, they are just to allow you to get 2 towels by the pool. The beach is topless/ nude friendly; there were over 1800 people there according to the computer I got to peak at it when the girl couldn't spell my last name right after repeated spellings. Out of the 1800, I’d say about 7% were under the age of 65. PEOPLE THERE WERE NUDE AND TOPLESS WOMEN OVER 70 on the beach. If not nude and topless they were in 2 piece bikinis. Their husbands all wore Speedos. Small Speedos. Like they bought some panties from Victoria secret and wore them for swimming purposes. Of the remaining 7% that didn't have 1 foot in the grave, the majority of them had young kids running around, or were hoping to find some singles action. This is SOOOOO NOT THE PLACE FOR A ROMANTIC GET AWAY FOR ACTIVE PEOPLE. The bars are the only real entertainment, so unless you are 1 step away from the 12 steps program of A.A. sitting around drinking 24-7 might not be for you. The little club is funny to be in 1 time. 2 times are not needed, the Casino doesn't have enough people visit to win anything really and every "excursion" involves you riding back down the same messed up road on an old bus for an hour to somewhere else to do something unbelievably overpriced. Did I mention there are tons of nude and almost nude old people, everywhere.
DO ENJOY THE PEACOCKS.. that is the god's honest truth. They are neat colorful turkey's that make a load cat like sound early in the morning. So should you be so lucky to have one perched on your balcony or outside of it, while getting over a mamajuana, beer and rum hangover, you just love hearing that loud sound at 7:30 am! Looking at them trying to mate is HILARIOUS! Do record if you can!
All in all, this place sucks, I would never return and it gives me a bad taste about D.R., not because of the food, because they didn't cook any D.R. food, but because this place is really horrible, a bad idea for all, and needs to be destroyed in a violent hurricane. Hopefully nobody will be there, to save what is left of their ancient lives. I want to give D.R. the benefit of the doubt, because I know there has to be some fun places there. This place just sets the bar so low, I wonder how on earth I see over 800 people saying this place was good or BETTER on this website. They must not be used to the finer things a resort like Sandals or Maya Reveira, or Atlantis can offer. I suggest they try 1 of those before returning to this place.
OH YEAH 1 last thing... you might think you could get ALOT of rest in a place like this.. NOPE. the Beds are so hard that if you don't get drunk or high 1st, you won't sleep at all.
Floyd L.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!