“Cocotal side of Sirenis-Punta Cana” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #60 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
“Cocotal side of Sirenis-Punta Cana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I traveled from 1/11-18 with my daughter. Resort itself is very nice, super clean and the gardens spectacular. The staff all very friendly and provide good service. The al a carte meals at the Steakhouse and Jade Japanese were very good. BBQ on the beach was above average. The buffet needs work. I lived on chicken, pork and egg omlets all week. My daughter who has a glutin problem really had a difficult time finding something to eat. Lots of bread and lots of fruit (if you know what it is). The veggie dishes left much to be desired...yuck. I'll have to say if the weather was better, I might be inclined to go up one notch on the rating, but 2 days of sun out of 7 was very disappointing. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were like little lumps of cotton. I don't think I would go back mostly because of the food, but also the weather could have been better.

Room Tip: Be sure you are not by the Casino or ampitheatre. They practice all day for the night show, so if yo...

2,048 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Bancroft, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at Sirenis Tropical Jan 27/2012-Feb3/2012. Loved this resort, found food very good, lots of choices. Room very nice. Grounds beautiful, staff amazing, pools and beach awsome. Plan on going back next winter!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
BRAMPTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We went in a group of 8 people on Feb 3rd to the 10th.
I would reccomend this resort to anyone....you get what u pay for.
Tons of food options, nice clean rooms, friendly staff and the entertainment team was amazing. (very hard working people there for early morning to late nights)
The Ocean & beach unforgettable, nice white sands, clean and very safe.
Pool was huge and never over crowded....swim up bars are a bonus...and all the staff very helpful & fun.
Only things i would say if u want to buy something please walk down the beach about 45 minutes past the ATV people there is a small shop that Germany lady runs....the stuff is half price same quailty.
Also watch checking out, they tried to tell us that we used the internet on the TV and wanted 12 for the days usage and u need check out ticket for the bus to airport but we told them that we didn't use it so they let it go....be warned.
Only other issues was they don't speak very good english....so learn some sopanish but please go and enjoy it....FANTASTIC VACATION!!!!!

Room Tip: We were in the J section, was in the middle of everything......bring own travel mugs and lots of sun...
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I travelled to this resort from Jan.22/2011-Feb.6/2012 with a group of 5 people. We really enjoyed how nice and friendly the staff are at the resort. They do go out of their way to give good service.

Food: Overall, everyone in our group enjoyed the food. I especially liked the Italian a la carte and the Steak house. We liked the buffet, my only complaint was that I would have preferred the food be hotter. It seemed 'warm' most of the time, but it was not as hot as I would have liked. Some of the food was a bit salty, but there was a LARGE selection of different types of food. We mostly ate at the beach side buffet restaurant for lunch-it was always good. The desserts were especially delicious, as was the pizza.

Entertainment: Excellent!!! The dancers and animation team put on great shows, every single day, and we were there for 15 nights.

Hotel grounds & beach: The grounds/landscaping are beautiful and well kept. The maid kept my room fairly clean [although a couple of days she seemed to have missed cleaning it but brought towels later??] We did go out and secure a spot on the beach at approx. 8:30am, as we were 5 in our group and wanted to make sure we all got lounge chairs.

We did find the beach lovely and most of our weather was nice..a few days we had a bit of rain and wind. But not sure if this was just a 'bad spell' of weather coming through or usual for this time of year.

Almost every one of us had a bit of stomach upset for a day or two during the trip. We all used bottled water, even for brushing teeth and tried to be extremely cautious. One member of our group had problems off and on for over a week, but nothing serious..just inconvenient. Noone became seriously ill or felt that their vacation was badly affected at all.

Our rooms were ready when we arrived and we were all pleased with our rooms and location [Building 'E', midway between beach and front lobby.]

We found that occasionally leaving a small tip was rewarded with excellent service.

There are a couple of gift shops near the resort [accessed from the beach]. They are willing to barter. I bought a few souvenirs and got a good deal...

Overall, I would say this resort was very nice and I would not hesitate to go back.

North Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We just got back from the Sirenis Cocotal and had a fantastic time. The resort is clean, easy to navigate, and just pure heaven. Yes, the drive to get there is about an hour, but who cares...just sit back and enjoy, paradise is waiting at the end of the trip. We were a group of 5 and non of us had any real issues. The food is fantastic, who gets turkey, and baby back ribs better than your moms (and my mom can cook!)...The drinks were plentiful and you just had to ask for whatever you want...Baileys on ice, sure they have that...presidente on tap, of course. The Bartenders Francis and Jhonathan at the swim up bar entertained us many times.....ask Francis to make a 'Francis special'...fantastic..and the coco loco's are to die for. They will stay open late if you are having a good time...and you will have a great time if you try the mamawana shots! Be sure to give them a tip, they work hard!! The pool is huge and very deep....bring a floaty to relax on. The pool boys are hard at work every morning keeping it clean. The Beach is goregeous, not the white sand, but who cares, its not snow! We had a few days of red flags, but all the other days were green. The entertainment team keep you busy all day, and the best part is the game time in the pool at 4pm...be sure to stick around for this. We never had trouble finding a spot, mind you, we were out there at 730 everymorning....who wants to stay in your room, you can do that at home. The only issue we did have is that the elevators are not working, so if you are travelling with someone who has issues going upstairs, ask for the ground floor. We on the other hand prefer upper levels, and were accomodated a move to an upper room the day after we checked in...no problem. We used the wifi in our room for 30$US for the week...great for keeping in touch at home, and cheaper than the lobby. Yes, our floor in the bathroom got soaked, but usually because the hand held was facing the back of the shower wall and running down the side...so just move it. The beds are hard, but just drink more, and you won't notice. We were in room C204 cocotal, and its a great room! The safe is 21$ for the week, but you need 50$US deposit that you get back..so put that in your budget. Finding english speaking vacationers is a treat, and when you do, it can turn into a fun day at the swim up bar.....we met a few great people! Donald at the reception speaks very good english, so if you have issues, go and see him! For the money this is a great resort, and I will definitely be returning, especially knowing they have a huge water park that is opening up this week!!!!!! Anyone who complains about this resort needs to think again, because it is fantastic!!!

Room Tip: C and D block on the cocotal side are great....if you don't like your room, just ask to change i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

First: there were 5 of us vacationing together, ages from 44 - 67. Yes, it is one hour from the airport, but here is your chance to see some of the local sights not on a tour, and, the time goes fast. The driving can be hilarious with no stop lights or stop signs..keep an eye out...lol...!! Check in was around 9 pm for us and went very smoothly. We paid $50 deposit for a safe key (safe is in the room) and the money was returned when we left. The room was adequate for what we used it for; mainly sleeping and showers. The shower did leak onto the floor so we always asked for an extra towel to put on the floor. Getting supplies for our room (bottled water, soda, towels,etc.) was sometimes late as the second load of fresh laundered towels would come in later, around 4 - 6 pm, but we always got what we wanted, sooner or later and the maids were friendly despite not knowing English. We tipped $1 every day for the Maid, likewise for the Buffet and for drink service in the Lounge. The food was great for the most part; some I found a bit salty and some not quite as hot as it should be, but for the amount of guests they are serving, it was very good. I enjoyed the Buffet (Steak House at night) near the beach also; had lunch there almost every day and the drinks were tasty. Also a Cappucino machine in this Buffet and had great Moccachino and Vanilla Cappuchino's. The A La Cartes were good but I am more a Buffet type person. Also a BBQ on the beach every day - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken, Pork. I enjoyed the food where ever I was in the Resort. I found the service to be good; sometimes slow for the morning coffee (are we too impatient..??)but once you had a waiter/waitress, they were there all the time; for refills, clean-up, etc. They were all super friendly, smiling and I found it to be just a good all over feeling. An idea would be to have coffee makers in the room for us morning coffee lovers; but, would food then be brought in to dine in room, or food brought in the night before so you don't have to go to the Buffet in the morning, who knows..?? Then we would be missing the whole experience of going to the Buffet. We hit the beach mid morning and stayed there for most of the day. Two of us would go down to the beach at 8:30am and put our towels on 5 Loungers under a Palapa; we always had a spot on the beach with a good view of the ocean. While we were there - Jan 23 - Feb 6, 2012, we had several rainy days; it didn't last for long, maybe 15 - 20 mins and maybe a follow-up rain storm an hour later for 10 - 15 mins. We don't know if this is typical or we just hit a rough spot in the weather. There was always a breeze off the ocean so it never got too hot on the beach, however, at the pools it was very hot and very crowded. I can be by a pool any day so my happy place was the beach. It was quite spacious and not crowded; the sand was good for walking and I didn't encounter any other resorts in the 15 min walk to either side of the beach. One Note: they had someone at the resort continually cutting down cocoanuts before they fall. Always watch out..!! Sitting under a cocoanut tree can be dangerous if the cocoanuts have not been cut down; falling cocoanuts have killed people..!! The grounds were lovely, trees, grass, flowers, shrubs, walkways; with the big walkway in the middle, it was easy to figure out where you were going..!! There is a gift shop on the beach to the left of the resort, very brightly colored, signs saying, tatoos and hairbraiding where we bought all our souvenirs and gifts. You can barter with them and get up to 40% off their price. Hint: bring them a coke or two from your fridge and this increases your bargaining power..!! They can be annoying by trying to get you off the beach an into the shop, but once they know you and you tell them you already bought there, they leave you alone. The entertainment at night is fantastic; the dancing incredible; make sure to take in the shows as many were the highlight of our trip. All in all I was very happy at this resort and I would return again.

Room Tip: We were in Block E on the second floor. It is a farther walk to the Buffet, Beach but our view was...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Room wasn't ready when I arrived; waited two hours in the lobby.First got put in a mildewy room (all of my clothes that I brought back still smell like mildew....)then they painted the rooms on each side of me with oil-based paint...since the air conditioning ducts are all connected, the fumes almost knocked me out. They moved to to another room, but that took almost three hours out of a sunny afternoon (got passed along to 4 hotel managers who had to hear the same story over and over until they decided to move me).A woman a few doors down came running out of her room with a hanky over her nose and mouth-flagging down the maid, so I'm guessing she was overcome with the paint fumes, too.
Hotel is big, not really kept up very well (could use lots of repairs:broken mirrors, cracked grouting, beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby that have turned brown...). Food is OK, beach is OK, staff is friendly. I wouldn't go back; there are other places in PC that I like much better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!