“Well pleased!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #74 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Strongsville, Ohio
“Well pleased!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was reading all the negative reviews, and will disagree with them. Our room was clean and the bedding was clean. The food was very good. Such a wide selection available. We were able to eat at restaurants six out of the seven nights we were there. We were not disappointed in any of the selections. The tenderloin at the steakhouse was the best I've ever eaten. It basically melted in my mouth because it was so tender. When you eat at the buffet, go early to make sure the food is fresh. We arrived around 5:00 p.m. and had only one hour before the buffet closed to get ready for dinner. Since we were starving (no snacks on our flight), we needed to eat something prior to dinner. The food was a little stale from sitting out for quite some time. That's the only negative thing about the food. The staff was very pleasant. Sure there is a language barrier, but that is to be expected. Do not go to the "special breakfast" where you can win a week's stay for free. They want to sell you a time-share. Politely decline. You will get pressured, but that's their job. Had a problem getting clean towels. The couple we travelled with didn't get clean towels for two days and their phone didn't work. We went only a half day without clean towels. Didn't matter because we were always at the pool. Do not drink the water. They provided bottled water at no additional cost. Make sure you drink it so you stay hydrated and don't get sick from the tap water. I would highly recommend Sirenis. If we go again to Punta Cana, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. No elevators, but more private than first floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Judy F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us as well as your suggestions. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

2,019 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been there in 2011. So it may have changed, but the recent reviews tell me not.

First: It's been 3 years now, and the clothes I bring there are still smelling the horrible smell of moisture in the room. This is not a clean hotel. Stains on the walls everywhere.

Second: People there will loose so much of your time trying to sell you timeshare. They say they are hotel staff and they want to help you book some a la carte restaurants, but it is completely false!

Third: Food is not good. It is the industrial kind of food (as are the beverages). Completely dried pancakes on the morning, reheated-not-that-fresh food overall. The a la carte are a bit better, but nothing was satisfying for us.

Fourth: The beach is great, but lots of big waves. As soon as you leave the resort to take a walk though, the beach is completely covered with trash. I think that this country should try to do better in trash management. It should be a crime to do what they do because they obviously put everything directly in the ocean. I've been in Antigua and Barbuda and in Mexico. Never saw that elsewhere.

It was my only trip to Dominican Republic. I will not return. I prefer to pay a little more and to go somewhere else where you can find peace and good food. They should be able to do a lot better. I know this is a cheap travel. Keep in mind that it is what you will get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi emilie2816,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

As per the cleanliness of the beach, we definitely have a team that maintains our beach clean in the parameters of the resort. For the rest of our beaches in Dominican Republic, we have days throughout the year where the community puts all their efforts together and every resort and local companies have a specific area assigned to clean. Every year there is less and less trash as it show the constant efforts of the community to keep their beaches clean.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues in more details or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Mountain Grove, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My family went the week of January 8-15 myself and my 4 kids to my sisters wedding it was a beautiful resort with a water park that is on the property the kids really enjoyed food was good always had something went to 2 a la carts steak house and Mexican they were good the buffet had themed nights and they had a Japanese themed was amazing as we missed out on the jade restaurant as it was booked that was probably the only bad part about the resort and lots of walking huge resort but it's actually two resorts not sure if I would go back not because of the resort

• Stayed January 2014
Hi Nicole B,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I must admit this is the very first time I felt compelled to write a review..My husband & I just returned from a 10 day vacation Jan 6th-16th. Before we left I was concerned with some of the negative comments but I can't understand where these are coming from. We have been to Mexico several times and to Punta Cana 5 times, the food is not bad as many have suggested, it actually is fairly good, there is always plenty to eat & there is lots of variety. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and they were all very good. The wait staff at the buffets were excellent, pouring water & wine at dinner & removing the plates very efficiently. At breakfast coffee was poured as soon as we sat down. Perhaps it's the guests who have an attitude problem. The rooms were basic but clean and no musty smell. The grounds were beautifully kept, pools clean & beach was beautiful. The one complaint was the arrogant & loud people from Russia, but that isn't the fault of the resort. One has to remember that this is rated a 4 star resort and therefore good value for the money. If people expect a 5 star then they will be disappointed.

Hi mpet2014,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the staff, the beautiful grounds, the pools and the beach.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The resort/property was decent, but the rooms were awful. The beds were old and the sheets were stained. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The shower was horrible- standing water above my ankles every time I showered. The bathroom got soaked from the broken shower head every time it was running. The toilet made noises all night long.
The place was inexpensive compared to other resorts and now I see why. We ended up moving to another hotel half way through our vacation. We spent more, but it was well worth the move. We will not return...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great time at Sirenis. Let's get the negatives out of the way - English can be a challenge in Punta Cana. This resort has its fair share of employees who can only speak Spanish even though the guests are from around the world. The pillows are mediocre. The rooms could be updated.
We found the food to be good and occasionally very good. Throughout the resort, whatever one may have found lacking in execution was more than made up with by the staff's attitude and enthusiasm. We worked with Carlegni the concierge to make reservations and changes. She couldn't have been more help. The bartenders at the beach bar, Johan and Juan, were a lot of fun. Our room was comfortable and we could see the water from our balcony.
The beach was great. Plenty of space. Lots of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our location that was close to the beach, third floor, facing the water.
Hi Dave C,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the food, our friendly and helpful staff, the room and the beach. I will definitely pass on your reviews to Carlegni, Johan, and Juan, they always like to see their hard work pays off. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

One of my biggest concerns is the food. We usually look forward to meals but hear it was like I guess we have to go eat now! I have eaten at many tropical resorts some being only 3 stars so we where not expecting great food but this stuff is really bad. My son and father got sick and spent a day in there room and I got very sick and was told by the doctor I needed to go to the hospital. I ended up getting over $1000 in medical attention and recovered in a couple days. Nothing tasted fresh, bread and pancakes where as hard as a rock, and meats such as hamburgers are cooked and then put in hot water to stay warm.

Many of the staff members made you feel like you where an inconvenience to them and had a bad attitude. A couple examples, we returned a snorkel we payed a $20 deposit on a few minutes late and the lady working there said in a condensing voice "I TOLD YOUR WIFE ONE HOUR". Many employees look like there really do not want to be there and it can take a long time to get a coffee after a meal and if you order 4 coffee many times we would get one or two.

A couple times a week venders are allowed to set up in the resort along the path you have to walk to go for supper. It is normal to get horsed by these people in tropical locations, and I know how to handle these people, but this was crazy. I was pushing MY 3 MONTH OLD BABY IN a stroller and just trying to avoid them to get back to my room saying no thank you and one of the sales people STUCK HIS FOOT OUT IN FRONT OF THE WHEEL bring the stroller to an abrupt stop NEARLY CAUSING MY BABY TO FALL ONE THE SIDE WALK!!!!! That is unacceptable!! They do not let you pass and keep walking in front of you and swear at you if you say you are not interested!

I have been to a 3 star and the rooms where much nicer than this place. They are dirty, rusty, mouldy, our toilet would run every couple minutes, and we had water pour from the celling the first night. Beds in these places are usually hard but these ones are rock hard. We asked for a pillow toper and it only took 4 days and 3 visits to the front to get one!!!! You are going to have to find your maid and ask for towels, toilet paper, and water or you will not get what you need, and even if you asks they might tell you they are out so you will have to use wet towels.

We purchased a special package and did not receive anything we where promised such as free wifi, key to the safe, slippers and house coats and so on. You will need to carry a hundred dollars around with you as you have to pay a deposit on everything such as water sports, pool, and so on.

We did euro buggy on the beach and payed cash, we then went to check out and where charged again so we told them we payed and they called us lyres and would not reverse the charges. The cost is only $5 but the guy working it might try to scam you for $20.

Other than that the pools, slides, and grounds are nice. The beach and ocean are very nice but I am told they are nice anywhere in the Dominican. Don't get me wrong we made the best of it and had a good time but there was no relaxed feel and service was just bad.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hi Kevin V,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!