“Very clean very beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #69 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Mountain Grove, Ontario, Canada
“Very clean very beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My family went the week of January 8-15 myself and my 4 kids to my sisters wedding it was a beautiful resort with a water park that is on the property the kids really enjoyed food was good always had something went to 2 a la carts steak house and Mexican they were good the buffet had themed nights and they had a Japanese themed was amazing as we missed out on the jade restaurant as it was booked that was probably the only bad part about the resort and lots of walking huge resort but it's actually two resorts not sure if I would go back not because of the resort

• Stayed January 2014
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Nicole B,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend a memorable vacation.

1,979 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I must admit this is the very first time I felt compelled to write a review..My husband & I just returned from a 10 day vacation Jan 6th-16th. Before we left I was concerned with some of the negative comments but I can't understand where these are coming from. We have been to Mexico several times and to Punta Cana 5 times, the food is not bad as many have suggested, it actually is fairly good, there is always plenty to eat & there is lots of variety. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and they were all very good. The wait staff at the buffets were excellent, pouring water & wine at dinner & removing the plates very efficiently. At breakfast coffee was poured as soon as we sat down. Perhaps it's the guests who have an attitude problem. The rooms were basic but clean and no musty smell. The grounds were beautifully kept, pools clean & beach was beautiful. The one complaint was the arrogant & loud people from Russia, but that isn't the fault of the resort. One has to remember that this is rated a 4 star resort and therefore good value for the money. If people expect a 5 star then they will be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi mpet2014,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the staff, the beautiful grounds, the pools and the beach.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The resort/property was decent, but the rooms were awful. The beds were old and the sheets were stained. The pillows were extremely lumpy. The shower was horrible- standing water above my ankles every time I showered. The bathroom got soaked from the broken shower head every time it was running. The toilet made noises all night long.
The place was inexpensive compared to other resorts and now I see why. We ended up moving to another hotel half way through our vacation. We spent more, but it was well worth the move. We will not return...

Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great time at Sirenis. Let's get the negatives out of the way - English can be a challenge in Punta Cana. This resort has its fair share of employees who can only speak Spanish even though the guests are from around the world. The pillows are mediocre. The rooms could be updated.
We found the food to be good and occasionally very good. Throughout the resort, whatever one may have found lacking in execution was more than made up with by the staff's attitude and enthusiasm. We worked with Carlegni the concierge to make reservations and changes. She couldn't have been more help. The bartenders at the beach bar, Johan and Juan, were a lot of fun. Our room was comfortable and we could see the water from our balcony.
The beach was great. Plenty of space. Lots of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our location that was close to the beach, third floor, facing the water.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Dave C,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the food, our friendly and helpful staff, the room and the beach. I will definitely pass on your reviews to Carlegni, Johan, and Juan, they always like to see their hard work pays off. Thank you also for your suggestions as they will help us in improving the services we offer.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

One of my biggest concerns is the food. We usually look forward to meals but hear it was like I guess we have to go eat now! I have eaten at many tropical resorts some being only 3 stars so we where not expecting great food but this stuff is really bad. My son and father got sick and spent a day in there room and I got very sick and was told by the doctor I needed to go to the hospital. I ended up getting over $1000 in medical attention and recovered in a couple days. Nothing tasted fresh, bread and pancakes where as hard as a rock, and meats such as hamburgers are cooked and then put in hot water to stay warm.

Many of the staff members made you feel like you where an inconvenience to them and had a bad attitude. A couple examples, we returned a snorkel we payed a $20 deposit on a few minutes late and the lady working there said in a condensing voice "I TOLD YOUR WIFE ONE HOUR". Many employees look like there really do not want to be there and it can take a long time to get a coffee after a meal and if you order 4 coffee many times we would get one or two.

A couple times a week venders are allowed to set up in the resort along the path you have to walk to go for supper. It is normal to get horsed by these people in tropical locations, and I know how to handle these people, but this was crazy. I was pushing MY 3 MONTH OLD BABY IN a stroller and just trying to avoid them to get back to my room saying no thank you and one of the sales people STUCK HIS FOOT OUT IN FRONT OF THE WHEEL bring the stroller to an abrupt stop NEARLY CAUSING MY BABY TO FALL ONE THE SIDE WALK!!!!! That is unacceptable!! They do not let you pass and keep walking in front of you and swear at you if you say you are not interested!

I have been to a 3 star and the rooms where much nicer than this place. They are dirty, rusty, mouldy, our toilet would run every couple minutes, and we had water pour from the celling the first night. Beds in these places are usually hard but these ones are rock hard. We asked for a pillow toper and it only took 4 days and 3 visits to the front to get one!!!! You are going to have to find your maid and ask for towels, toilet paper, and water or you will not get what you need, and even if you asks they might tell you they are out so you will have to use wet towels.

We purchased a special package and did not receive anything we where promised such as free wifi, key to the safe, slippers and house coats and so on. You will need to carry a hundred dollars around with you as you have to pay a deposit on everything such as water sports, pool, and so on.

We did euro buggy on the beach and payed cash, we then went to check out and where charged again so we told them we payed and they called us lyres and would not reverse the charges. The cost is only $5 but the guy working it might try to scam you for $20.

Other than that the pools, slides, and grounds are nice. The beach and ocean are very nice but I am told they are nice anywhere in the Dominican. Don't get me wrong we made the best of it and had a good time but there was no relaxed feel and service was just bad.

Hi Kevin V,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We traveled with a family of 5. Once we arrived fast check-in but had to wait for 40 minutes as room was not ready. Finally got to our room H001 ground floor, great location. There were no bath towels in our room just 5 beach towels, went to inquire at front desk they said they will have some towels delivered, that was 2:30pm it was 8 pm before we received the towels. Five days out of the seven we had to ask for towels,toilet paper and kleenex as none were left after doing up our room. How embarrassing is that. Next the beds were very hard, the sheets were curtains and all the top blankets had holes in them. On to the food. There should be some regulation to say some foods contain nuts as my wife ate some pesto pasta and you guessed it had nuts in it. She had a tough time breathing and had to go back to the room for the night. She had to be very careful for the rest of the week on what she chose to eat. Our oldest also got sick and was in bed for a day. The best dinners were the Japanese and lobster on the beach,which I thought was exspensive at $40 a person. There are not enough English speaking staff, and the ones that do are trying to sell you a time share. The water park was okay but they need to invest in some tubes to go through the tunnels as there were people getting injured. We all did a zip line excursion through our travel rep.(air transat) and it was well worth the money it was absolutely amazing. Overall the grounds are beautiful, but what this resort needs to focus on is better service to its customers who I know pay alot of money for a holiday and do not get the service. It is time for me to close the door on this resort as we will not be returning to this one, maybe the one in Mexico is better, but this one I will leave for you to decide and I hope no one experiences what my family went through on my RETIREMENT vacation. Sorry but this vacation was an awful experience.
Hooper 5

Hi Hooper5,

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you haven't yet booked your trip to Punta Cana, bypass this resort and consider another one.

I read some bad reviews of Sirenis before I booked my trip, but they were such lengthy, godawful rants that I chalked them up to miserable travellers. There are always people who refuse to be happy anywhere, you know? And I figured these page- long tirades against Sirenis were written by people who wouldn't be happy if they were vacationing in Paradise itself.

I really tried to be happy here but every day there was a new disappointment, and that sort of weighed on me after a while. I am still happy that I got a week in the sun; so many people don't ever get to enjoy a vacation and I'm thankful that I did. Still, I'm hoping that an honest review might help fellow travellers enjoy a better experience than the one I had at Sirenis:

Here's my Top Ten List of why you should vacation elsewhere:

1. The water is not turquoise. (It's closer to the colour of lake water, and it smells a bit foul. I'm not sure if this has to do with currents - check out the geographical location of the resort. I was hit by not one, but two plastic baggies floating in the ocean one day...could have happened anywhere but it was a turnoff for sure.)

2. The beach is not white. It's the same mundane colour as the beach in my hometown in northern Ontario. (Aren't these turquoise water and white beaches the main two reasons why people come to the Caribbean?)

3. Safety for solo travellers is a bit sketchy. (I checked in at night and was called "fresh meat" by the young male reception clerk. Literally. I spent each evening before bed barricading the furniture against my first-floor patio door after that.)

4. Chances of getting a happy staff member are 50/50. Lots of nice wait staff in restaurants, but most other staff members - including reception - are sullen. Some glared at me so openly that I shrivelled inside.

5. Booking yourself in for weekly dinners will take half your day on Day 1. There simply HAS to be a better system than lining up for ONE concierge who makes your bookings for you. It seems to me that guests could all do this themselves on a self-serve computer system.

6. Sub-par rooms. I know rooms aren't the main aspect of a resort, but my room clearly wasn't anything like the pictures on the Sirenis website. (Photos attached). My sheets were never changed and each day my water glass was rinsed out and put back on the tray - never replaced. By Day 4 I had only 1 towel left and by Day 6 I had 0. There was a faint smell of mushrooms and urine in the room and my pillows smelled stale. I never got used to it.

7. Limited English spoken here. Lots of French and Spanish-speaking guests. I booked an English catamaran tour one day and was the only English speaker on the bus...tour was entirely in French. I do passably well with French, but I would have learned a lot more had the tour been in English.

8. Some of the things listed on the Sirenis website are falsehoods. You WILL pay a $50 deposit for your room safe, no matter what type of room you're in.

9. Even the locals seem to be aware that this is not the best resort in the D.R. I experienced three separate occasions when a local person (tour guide, etc) reacted with doubt when I told them that I was having an "okay time" at the resort ("Really? You REALLY are having a nice time?")

10. Vegetarian restaurant is very good, but not great. The SOLE reason I chose this resort was because of this. The Caribbean diet is very meat-based and I didn't fancy eating garden salad for every meal. I enjoyed my meals at this restaurant (which was not frequented by many other guests...so sad...) but in the future I'll take my chances at a non-veg resort recommended by a travel agent.

All in all, the resort was adequate but not exquisite. With so many spectacular places to choose from in the Dominican Republic, why stay here? Keep surfing, and find something that will truly yield some amazing memories.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi Shannon M,
First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your very detailed review. This will definitely help us improve some of our services.
Have you reported any of the challenges you’ve encountered during your stay to anybody at the hotel while you were there? As I always tell our guests, if we know about it it’s always easier to react fast, solve the problem right away and to help you spend a great vacation.
About the reservations for the “a la carte” restaurants, I’m surprised of your comment since we have 5 places in the hotel where you can make your reservations: 2 tables in the lobby, 2 houses on the main avenue, and in the public relations office (as indicated in the welcome guide).
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any further details or if you decide to come back in the future, I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!