“Amazing Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames

Save Saved
You added Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames to your Saves list
Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto | Macao Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
“Amazing Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just came back from two perfect weeks at Sirenis Tropical Suites. The resort is absolutely amazing and there is not a single thing to moan about!

The Resort is massive but everything is easily accessible, each apartment block is close to something so you are never far away from where you need to be. We stayed in Block K which was a 2 minute walk away from the lobby and restaurants and about 5 minutes from the pool and beach. The suites are really big with two double beds in and a lot of wardrobe space. The rooms are spotless and were cleaned every day. The maids were excellent and constantly restocked our mini fridges and bathroom. We only tipped once but still everyday our room was immaculate.

Food- The buffet had an excellent variety every night. We went to three a la cartes during our stay: Jade was amazing they put on a performance and cook the food in front of you our chef Dave made our experience! We also went to the Italian which was also really nice. The only restaurant we didn’t particularly like was the Mexican it wasn't on par with the other a la cartes and I would suggest swerving this one during your stay. The all inclusive alcohol was also great there are so many cocktails to try and it really is a free fall there are no measurements, special shout out to our favourite bar man Sergio!

Both the pool and beach were beautiful. We spent most of our time by the pool sunbathing and there was plenty of sun beds and shaded areas. The beach is really clean and they have water sports which you have to pay extra for (Banana boat was $10 for 10 minutes). For souvenirs you should talk a 20 minute walk along the beach to tropical treasures as it is cheaper than the resort gift shop. If like me you burn (ginger problems) take a high factor I went with a factor 30 and after the first day I had to fork out $34 for a factor 60.
Entertainment- The animation team made our holiday! The shows were amazing every night. There was never a repeat of the same show and the dancers were excellent. We loved the grease show, dirty dancing and the Michael Jackson night. Before the shows there would be games with the guests or bingo. After the shows in the theatre there is an outside area where there would either be a disco (60s, 70s and 80s), Karaoke night, live band or a DJ. This would go on until 12pm and then you could go to the resort club. You do have to pay for drinks in the club but it is really cheap. Our holiday would not have been the same without the animation team and would like to say a special thanks to Alvin, Melvin, Tony Montana, Staudi, Labrinth, The Arrow, Ping Pong and last but not least Casanova for making our holiday fantastic. The animation team work so hard but never complain, they are on hand from the morning right up until the club closes at 2am! Make sure you go to the beach party when you stay at this resort as it is fantastic and Alvin the DJ is brilliant and played English music for the majority of the night. Make sure you ask Casanova to play Tappy Tappy it was easily the highlight of our holiday.

Our Thomas Cook Rep Suzy was also fantastic! We booked the Dolphin Explorer excursion which was $150 it is well worth doing and a reasonable price for what you get to do on the day.

We absolutely loved this holiday and cannot understand what people have had to complain about, if you want a nice relaxing holiday but also want entertainment and nightlife this is the place to go. Myself and my friend (20 and 21 years) absolutely loved it and there is things to do for all ages. We cannot wait to go back next year, missing it already!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1,974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for 2 weeks on my honeymoon. First time in dominican and loved it! The hotel is lovely and clean, all
The staff are friendly even down to the maids/gardeners. The best ala carte restaurants are jade and Italian. Wasn't impressed with the Mexican. Buffet food is basic but still nice and have a theme each night which includes the staff dressing up for the theme. Selection of cocktails is great and includes alcohol free ones. The people that make the hotel so amazing are the animation team! They put on amazing shows each evening and then party into the night afterwards at the disco on site. They are so funny and friendly and really make an effort to have a laugh with the guests. Would definitely to back!

• Stayed October 2013
rotherham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed for two weeks in September along with my hubby,first time to Dominican and was very pleased with hotel Even tho we had requested a pool view or sea but got neither we had to pay a extra 20
Dollars a nite to get this room but it was worth it ,staff very nice even down to the gardeners trips are a must as u could go stir crazy being there for two weeks and being on a complex if you have kids or you are a kid at heart great water park on complex at no extra charge but it did close through week and opened again on fri for the weekend , would go back to Dominican but would try the south of the island would recommend this hotel bar staff very good and friendly

Room Tip: When u go for breakfast try there fresh made smoothies banana but ask for no sugar as they do put a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hammond, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Let me preface this with letting you first know that today I received a final statement from Apple Vacations offering my husband,myself and my 2 children a $200 apple voucher for our horrible trip we took in July 2013 that lasted less than 48 hours (supposed to have been 6 days) and cost us $4000. I am disgusted with Apple and will NEVER use them for our vacation planning nor will I ever recommend anyone to use them. The "4star resort" was filthy, mold everywhere in our room and the smell was so overwhelming I could barely breathe. This was in our "suite." The food was horrible and while I was careful to not let our children ingest the water, our daughter still got ill. The resort staff was unwelcoming, not at all helpful and out right rude. The pools were filthy and the beach dirty and littered with glasses and cigarette butts. Sirenis resort was listed as a "family" resort but was more like a frat party. The electricity went out and sewage backed up into the restrooms by the pool. The multiple "fine dining restaurants" were the lunch buffets with side canopies pulled down at night. We arrived at our resort Monday at 3:30pm and were on a bus back to the airport Wednesday at 10:30am for which Apple charged us an additional $300 for flight home....and they told us we could only get that flight if we had cash! The customer service we received by the Apple reps at our resort, the airport, and the 3 months they took to respond to our complaints were horrible! I am shocked and angered at their audacity to give us a $200 Apple voucher in return for our loss of vacation time from work and $4000 expense and time to travel. What a joke and an insult to the integrity of myself and my family! Needless to say we will not be traveling through Apple ever again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kincardine, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

we went there the winter before last and were treated like crap, we are members with the sirines and they didn't believe us , we spend most of our holiday inside offices to prove that we were members, the rooms were terrible, ripped duvets, no coffee maker in rooms but cups, no chairs on the balcony but a table, no cushions on the back of the couches, no faceclothes to be found even when we asked every day in Spanish, good thing we spoke French because their English is terrible, will NEVER EVER go back there and cant wait to be done with this membership , be aware if they approach you for a free breakfast , they will rope you in.. we will give the country a second try this xmas as we found it beautiful....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi s00zee_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. I’m not sure I understand what happened exactly since all our members are registered in our system.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just got back from Sirenis Tropica Suites and I can say it was ok for us.It does not have a wow factor for sure , at least not for us , but we were looking for sun, sea and relaxing time.

As we arrived at the airport we paid our visa $10 per person and we put aside another $20 per person for our departure visa.

The Sirenis Tropical and the Sirenis Cocotal Suites have the same grounds the difference is in the comfort of the rooms.
The grounds were kept nicely and we felt like it was the right size resort. We stayed in blocks K which was 2 minutes away from the sea , and 2 minutes away from the lobby area , so somehow in the middle which was great. As we took the excursion we managed to see other resorts as we were picking other tourists up and they were hugeeee....talking to some of them they said that they need 25 minutes to the beach, 20 to the eating area , and we saw that some of them were waiting for a cart to pick them up to reach the sea. Just tooo big resorts out there in my opinion.

All rooms have air con and they are clean. We had to switch off our air con in the bedroom over night and just left the one in the living room as it was too cold :) We had a nice balcony to enjoy our coffee in the morning or our drinks from the fridge which was always full with water, coke, fanta and sprite.

We enjoyed the food , it was plenty to choose from at the buffet. We did not liked the a la carte- we have tried the Mexican, Mediterranean and the Japanese, the last one was ok I must say but we preferred the buffet food.
It is a bit far from everything else (towns, etc) but we booked 3 trips to Catalina, Saona and San Pedro & Chavon river through Thomas Cook rep from the resort which were amazing and really enjoy them. My partner has made his PADI diving licence in the resort with SeaPro Divers (the also have a website) so there is this facility as well and by the time we were back to the UK his licence was waiting for him. I've done the scuba-doo with them which was $85 and I paid another $25 for my partner to join us and he was interested in some snorkeling . It was 6-7 hours well spend I must say -taxi included, snorkeling, my scuba-doo, and then a small trip with the glass bottom boat all in $110 for the two of us.

In the resort we were approached by time sharers too . We were asked if we are using credit cards. We said yes and then we were invited to the ''special breakfast'' with the managers . In the mean time we talked to our Thomas Cook rep as we suspected that they are insisting quite a lot with this breakfast everytime they saw us around and she advised us to say that we have no cards with us at all. So this is what we did and they stopped chasing us straight away.

We also took the security box which was $98 for 14 nights but they will give you $50 back on the return of the key.

The staff was ok .....everybody was smiling except a lady, Nelly from the bar near the restaurant beside the pool which I thought she is fed up working there and just not happy at all. She was not polite, referring to me in Spanish not knowing that I do understand Spanish saying something like ''here we go another one that she will know all the drinks around here'' and she was serving the drinks as she was giving them away from her last reserves for her and her family !!So not pleasant at all. But we managed to avoid her by going to the other bar on the beach. We had 4 bars to choose from :)

The animation in resort was not very good I must say. What it was ok were the games through the day and the live band which was singing sometime in the evenings but the shows were a joke and just not funny as they were trying to make them. We went to Mama Mia and we resisted 3 songs (playback ) and that was it.

If you are looking for luxury this is not for you. If you are looking for snorkeling and scuba for everyday activity this is not for you as it is on the Atlantic Ocean side. You might want something on the Caribbean Sea side down south as the water is more clear with lots of corals.
This hotel is to relax and enjoy the sea and sun very very suitable for family with kids too as it is not huge to loose your kids around :)

Room Tip: Choose Block K on the Tropical side not the Cocotal Side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi alyd20,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed grounds, the buffet food and the room.
As per your other comments, they will help us improve the quality of the services we offer.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future.

england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

What can I say & where do I start? Well from day 1 I wasn't impressed it looked lovely when we first got there.
From the off we noticed the cushions on the sofas in the lobby were in need of a good wash ants running under the glass of the table. The floor looked clean but you could see they needed cleaning underneath.
We were told to go to our room and wait for the bell boy, so we went and on first impression it looked clean but again floors and windows needed a good clean. Gosh I could go on forever not impressed at all big thumbs down sirenis tropical.

Stayed September 2013
Hi shelley1963,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to give me more details about your experience during your stay at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future.

Assistant Manager

Been to Sirenis Tropical Suites Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!