“OMG! Unbelievable food!!! It was a food orgasm!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana

Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana
Bavaro | Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (Formerly Passion By Martin Berasategui)
809 687-9923
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG! Unbelievable food!!! It was a food orgasm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The service was wonderful! The staff was amazing! The food was absolutely incredible. I hope I am spelling the names correctly...Daniel Encarmacion, Felix Frias, Juan Encarmacion, Marilyn Villa, Charles Keusters, and Marielo Sauboy all went above and beyond to make this our favorite dinner on the trip!!! I encourage people to try the sampler dinner - a multi course meal! Each course was as delicious as the previous, the meats and seafood were prepared to perfection, the fwa gra was tender and had a smooth creamy taste, the tuna was wonderful, etc, etc.

They do not fill the restaurant with people and it was more than half empty when we were there, but it is so they can deliver exceptional service. All the people there did a wonderful job from the hostess, to the multiple waiters, the maitre'd, and the buspersons. This place is at the top of my list for dining experiences and can't wait to return next year! Make sure this is on the top of your list when staying at the Reserve/Paradisus/Punta Cana. Make your reservation early in your trip.

Visited June 2013

Miami
“Beware the SEVEN Michelin stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our first hint that our meal was not going to be exceptional should have been the ad that claimed "seven Michelin stars", but since English is not the native language of the island perhaps this was a mistake.... even the best restaurants in the world can only claim to have three. The meal started with a salad or so they said. It was a gelatinous mess so odd in texture that one questioned whether perhaps a stray cat had given birth to it in the back or if in fact it was created by a chef. Next was the fois gras or in this case raw liver. No one ate this course and the untouched plates were returned to the kitchen without question. The scallop was editable, but next came the seared tuna. All plates came out at the same time and the color of the tuna was close to the morning sky just before sunrise, a dull grey with a coating of white gelatin on it. I believe this was the cat's dinner because it could not be something they planned to serving paying guests. All plates were returns and this time our waiter generously offered to replace the course with a dish off the main menu. The rest of the meal was uneventful as was the food. Fortunately, the staff was impeccably and always willing to assist us through this less than stellar meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“one word = delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

by far one of the best restaurants on the resort ( vento is also equally as delicious)

a must try for everyone. the meat was cooked perfectly, and the service...wow. you need to try it.

EXCEPT you have to pay for water, so make it worth your while and get a mixed drink instead.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newark, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I ate here and paid for dinner as it wasn't included in our list of restaurants. I must admit I was disappointed with the food. I did the tasting menu and was not impressed I ordered my steak well done and it was overly cooked. The charged me for bottle water and for the birthday cake that I already paid for through guest services. At first he didn't quite seem to get it and just told me I would have to pay for it, but later apologized and removed the charge after he contacted guest services which I was trying to explain to him the whole time. He never came to the table and wished the guest a happy birthday which I thought was odd because he took our order. Overall the waiters were helpful, courteous and nice but the food wasn't worth the money they charged. I could of ate at one of the other 11 restaurants and been just as happy and content. The Lapalapa is far better in my opinion then this place and it cost 1/2 the price.

Visited April 2013
Oakland, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Best meal of the trip by far. Excellent service, food, and ambiance. The staff were so gracious and we even got a personal introduction to the chef. Order the Risotto app, it is remarkable. Lamb and steak were great. Prices are quite reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. If we ever return to the DR, we will be back. Muy Bueno!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere