Bring your own plates, water, sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, cutlery...seriously. The front desk staff was horrible. 4 people, 1 bed.. yes ONE BED!!! We had to wait until the next day to have a room ready for us. One day our room didn't get cleaned until 11pm. We called the front desk and Jose was extremely rude and hung up the phone. We then proceeded to the front desk, spoke to Jose and I demanded a manager. He declined my request and tried to sort it out. There were 4 of us in one room and only 2 bottles of water and 2 sets of towels a day. We had to ask for towels every day and we'd be lucky if it showed up on the same day. We were here for 2 weeks.
Just little things were getting annoying, such as, I went to the front desk to ask for a pen and he said "This is the only one I have" This is a 5 star resort, how can there not be any pens for guests?
The service for the restaurants wasn't any better. We'd order our drinks right away and by the time we finished eating our drinks would come. 2 days in a row, we served ourselves. Got our own glasses, a bottle of wine water and soda pop. The food itself wasn't horrible, just salty, but that depends on your taste buds. They would go clean other tables while you're sitting at a table waiting for cutlery, yet they were the ones that tell you to sit there.
A lot of the waiters didn't know English which made it difficult when trying to order a drink. I ordered a non-alcoholic drink and 2x it came with alcohol.
On to the good points... This is the reason why I would go back to this property.
The animation team... Richard, Erik, Kenia, Johanna, Henry and Marilena. Amazing team that hypes us up everyday. We play games, win great prizes of coffee or rum and had some great laughs. They definitely made up for the negative parts.
Bar service at the Saona pool. Eduard, you rock!
The sports complex is great. Played tennis, archery and mini golf. Very well maintained and cleaned. Our tennis instructor Edwin and Jorge had excellent patience and great skills.
Concierge rep.. Jimenez is fantastic. He kept us cool and helped us along the way to make sure we were having a good time. We were complaining everyday to him about the service and he did what he could to make it right.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel. There are other options such as Secrets, Majestic and Iberostar. I would not return and it's unfortunate because I did have a good time with the animation team, bar staff and Jimenez.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Bavaro
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Hotel
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort Spa
- Punta Cana Palladium
- Punta Cana Grand Palladium
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Bavaro (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.