It's about a week now that we got back from GPB and we are still nauseated and sick with such a flash back holiday..... We were a group of 23 people, we arrived there Dec. 22 staying up to Jan. 5th/12....BAD IDEA. never knowing that this was going to be the worst vacation ever, with high expectations at least for a 4 star hotel. We arrived at the resort at around 11:30am our rooms where not ready we where asked to wait 2 more hrs, we did so while I waited in the reception area I came across people complaing asking for water and that they haven't had any for 4 hrs needed to take their meds, complaing about being there 2 days and not having the amount of rooms that they've paid for, right there and then I got a feeling we where in for a bad one....we got our rooms at about 5:30pm without food and caring small children all afternoon back and forward an exhausting arrival.... at that moment I felt startle. I'll go straight and engage on all the negative experience we incounter.... this was almost like the movie "THE WALKING DEAD" Most staff at the reception or anywhere else where rude and unprofessional treating you completely as garbage thinking they absolutely knew what they were doing . Anything you needed they expected to get tipped for. The owner or manager in charge of the place or area when requested to speak with travellers and explaing some awkword situations would hide himself instead in the back in his cubby hole avoid to confront the clients and their problems. The rooms where disgusting duty, smelly, ceilings falling apart which in one of the rooms where our grandfather was staying an 87 year old man the ceiling fell on him, very old tubs with scam ring around them, toilet lids missing and not functioning propertly, no hot water at times, we found huge cockroaches and their off springs in cover over fridge and attached to cover walls, very duty and smelly curtain panels, slidding doors not locking, strangers entering some of us rooms at night with their cards, we had to sleep with intensiles holding our room doors and upon leaving room we needed to lock up everything again not knowing upon returning if we where going to have our luggage missing, talking about that some of us also had things missing and never found again (jewellery etc.)At the beach or pools, never lounges or any kind of chair avail. inless we would wake up at 5am to hold them, even doing so some peple would be rude enought to steal them of you and your towels. NO towels most of the times and when there were beware if they were cleaned ones my husband was gaven one folded and full of vomit by the inside of it. A few of us had skin infections due to the duty towels left and never replaced up in your room inless you asked them and made sure their were and on top of that tipped them, so they can change them everyday for you. Staff would tell us to go and complain to reception, from there they would tell to go back to where you came from and ask staff....for whatever there was that you needed... they would play with peoples faces in such an enjoyable way they loved to laugh on peoples faces very much... in treating you like a rug doll....we also witness them doing this to olderly people unable to walk much and handicapped. Water was nearly impossible to get, and the one you would get would be refilled from tap, bottles with broken seals, also beware of ice cubes water would not be sterilized and contaminated food plus smelly rotten chicken, uncovered kids cereals bugs laying their eggs on them, duty cutlery, dishes, greasy tables, cups only being rinsed, duty napkins taken from different tables and placed in yours, that we have all witness staff doing... plus not a descent garbage collectors, left over food was being dumped into a tighten table cloth leaking everywhere, the same people serving where collecting duty dishes and then serving you again with their contaminated hands.
Wine tasted like vinegar, beer like acid urine and always never enough drinks even for kids, another thing that is extremely wrong and unsafe....knowingly that their are families with kids all over the resort areas there were wire outlets (electrical plugs) exposed and connected exposively on pad walks, also inside pool lights where broken bulbs hanging never knowing if there was current power to those outlets....if power would get turned on and always being traumatized if we would get electricuted while in the water....
Bars, another creepy flash back witnessing... early morning we witness the bartender spraying bug spray all over counter top with that being said, all cups and straws exposed to all of this, plus upstairs above bar supposevely being a sitting area we came across rotten food in large bowls just sitting their exposed to all the bugs and with maggots. We were a group of 23 people and we all got sick including kids, 18 of us had to be seen by a doctor at the resort and 2 of those people had to get an intravenous (now amigize how scary it was when they couldn't take the pain of what they where going threw plus get that in you there...) 2 kids which they wanted to take to the nearby hospital. We were and still are after 1 week gone by still suffering acid reflex and bacteria traumatized of this resort. I don't think we will overcome the thought and the feeling these people made us go thru, this was a scandalized waste of money Christmas and New Years vacation. Working all year round and expecting to rest a relaxing time instead was stressful, worry, tense, teased, disturbing unable to sleep at night with all the screaming, yelling from 12am-4am not a resting place at all. Not what we paid for and promised to get, with all this being said the resort it self is big and beautiful, and the beach is gorgeous its unfortunate of all this to be happening to it.....with such poor management.....people should be show what's like entering someone elses country as comfortably and welcoming as possible not this way... wrong ....wrong....like they say TREAT ME THE SAME US YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.. one more thing the staff specially guys there have no respect for someone elses wifes and teenage daughters they constantly get picked on, beware choosing your next resort....choose wisely and carefully !!!!!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.