“Best Breakfasts in Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Best Breakfasts in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This small place is located just outside Los Corales in Punta Cana.....a two minute walk past Dannys Sports Bar for those of you that are familiar with the area.
Bonnie is a very pleasant Canadian woman who serves the best breakfasts in town. Combine that with a great selection and variety of gelato and lunch you have a family friendly place where people go to sit and talk in the morning and have their coffee.
My favorites here......The big breakfast, chicken salad sandwich and chocolate-orange gelato.......well, actually my favorites are Bonnie and Diego but they are not on the menu! Lol!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Brunswick
“Never a dull moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Okay so we are back in Punta Cana and we head off to see If Bonnie and Diego are still here. Yes they are, and the traditional. Canadian Breakfast tastes just the way we remembered. The chicken salad sandwich on the home style bread is still great. The big draw is the gelato which is store made on location in so many flavours. Ladies when you order ask Diego if your meal will be made with love! He will assure you and demonstrate that it is! Bonus points awarded because they also serve tea as well as coffee and other drinks. A great varied menu including Hot Dogs!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chicago, IL
“Gelato had freezer burn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

While the owner was very nice, the gelato was not good. Both mine and my friends had freezer burn. It also was more like ice cream rather the gelato. I'd rather have Hagen Das that I believe someone told me is next to super pola.
Also found it to be gross that as soon as we got our gelato, the owner came outside to smoke a few feet from us. Unsanitary and we had to suffer through sitting down wind of the smoke. No thanks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ChickeetaBonitas, Owner at Chiquita Bonita, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I am really sorry that your gelato tasted freezer burnt. You should have told me. We did have a problem with the back freezer and had to store it overnight at another location until the freezer was fixed. It is now obvious, there was some melting and refreezing which would have formed ice crystals. I really wished you had of said something to me so I could have taken it out of the counter. As for smoking outside, I again apologize but that is what I do when I have a break. If it was bothering you, I would have moved or put it out.

I am very sorry you did not have a good experience at Chickeeta Bonita's.
Candiac, Canada
“Best Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Bonnie is best . Very nice and excellent service. Must try the expresso over Baileys Gelato.
She serves breakfast and lunch, all is good. And if you are in need of a book she keeps a nice collection for exchanges. You are always greeted with a smile.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kandahar, Afghanistan
“never let down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have probably been to Chiquita Bonita's close to 10 times on my 12 day vacation to DR. The owner Bonnie is very friendly and helpful with everything. The breakfast is always excellent, the French Toast in particular. The gelato choices range from vanilla to orange chocolate to blueberry, all of which are awesome. The bang for the buck is great. A+!

• Visited August 2013