If you have not booked this resort yet...trust me me find somewhere else to stay even if it costs a bit more DO IT. If you have booked here are a few suggestions. I do not like to criticize without offering ideas on how to improve so I hope this helps.
1) this resort overbooks - if there is no room for you when you arrive do not let them ship you off to another resort without asking to check out that resort online first. They lied to us saying it would be a 5 star. I checked tripadvisor only to discover it was a 3 star with horrible reviews.
2) Lack of beachchairs is a serious problem - it is unacceptable to pay over $1000 for a vacation to be forced to sit on the sand in the blazing sun. If you want a good spot on the beach get down there with a towel the night before...it is unbelievable how many others do this. I never once witnessed workers clean the chairs and many are filty and broken.
3)Breakfast staff extremely slow to bring coffee - Most times I did not get my first (&only) coffee until I finished eating. Go to the Lobby bar before or after and enjoy a delicious espresso or cappuccino.
4) Dinner staff extremely slow bringing wine - see tip 3 above.
5) Patio Door in room would not lock - take 2 wooden hangers from closet and place in the steel tracks to secure door. They fit perfectly.
6) Bring air freshener and sinus medicine - the mould in the room made my daughter suffer horrible sinus congestion.
7) Wood oven pizza is delicious - after my daughter found a chicken carcass in her grilled ham & cheese sandwich we at only pizza and loaded nachos for the rest of our stay.
8) If power goes out for entire afternoon & evening and you want to dress for dinner but cant see if you look presentable take a photo of each other to ensure you look presentable. This was our only way to get ready without light.
9) Bring LOTS of suncreen - it is crazy expensive at gift shop and all shady spots at pool and beach are taken by 6am each morning.
10) Take spray bottle of water to scare away stray cats that hang around inside beach buffet begging and trying to jump on lap while you try to eat. I was terrified of getting scratched as these cats have no medical care.
I hope these survival tips help & good luck staying there, you will need it.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel
- Occidental Flamenco
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.