“Honeymoon....I guess....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Arena Gorda | Punta Cana, Punta Cana 74100, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $2000 Resort Credit
Ranked #41 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Honeymoon....I guess....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Me and My husband were here for our honeymoon...We walked in and were amazed at the design of the hotel. At check in, we tipped quite large, expecting to get something nice in return (AKA a room with somewhat of a view). And got NOTHING. Our room had absolutely no view, we were in the corner and the only view we had were the other balconies. We were on the ground floor. When we asked to change rooms they only had available the jacuzzi suites for $60 per day. We had already paid so much to be there and were not going to pay $60/night more for something that other hotels would have offered us as honeymooners. They kept making us "come back later" or "tomorrow" to check for other available rooms. At the end we gave up and just made the best of what we had.

We received something so "special" for our honeymoon...They brought us a small plate of fruit and a painting. The fruit was the same that we had just eaten from the buffet.

The buffet food looks good, but not always tastes good, and I am not a picky eater. The washrooms were located too far from the restaurants which made no sense to me.

THE POSITIVE!!!!
The only reason why we stayed at this resort and did not just come back home was because of the entertainment. The shows were great. The entertainment team have so much energy and such positive attitudes that its contagious.

Last but not least, the only night time entertainment after the show is done is a Discotheque that is located between all the Riu hotels and all food/drinks are paid extra. The drinks were expensive (same as what clubs in Toronto charge) and the disco was full of prostitutes and pimps. There were so many outsiders that don't work for any of the resorts, and am sure had no right to be there.

Overall, it was an OK experience because we really wanted to have fun and we made the best of the little we had.

1,443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel was outstanding. The rooms were fantastic, it was extremely clean, the staff were great and the food and entertainment were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Punta Cana. It was worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

So I don't usually do reviews and certainly not for the "all inclusive" places which I generally assume to have a bit of a "cheese" factor. But I'm still awestruck by our experience at the Riu Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana. The package we got included airfare, the all inclusive hotel stay and airport transportation. We were there for a week and honestly the days just flew by. The facility is beautiful and recently remodeled. The food is really high quality for the price you are paying. While the alcohol is not top shelf, I was just surprised that it was included at all. I had the best Bloody Mary and Mojito, not to mention really nice red and white wine. And did I say tip was included. Aaaaah, what a breath of fresh air not to feel like everyone is trying to squeeze a little bit more out of you. In fact, once you check in, they don't even ask for your credit card as a deposit. If you want, you don't have to touch your wallet until you leave.

It gets better. Part of staying at this resort is the ability to use all the facilities of the other Riu resorts right next door. The Riu Palace Punta Cana was so grand and amazing. It was great being able to walk over and get a drink or use their pool.

I just can't say enough good things about this place. The rooms were beautiful. The service fantastic. The activities fun filled. The value for what you receive unbelievable. Get all your family and friends together and have a fabulous time at this resort.

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautifully remodeled and decorated. If you want to spring for an upgrade you can...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I had read so many reviews before going to this hotel that the moment we arrived I began finding all the flaws people had wrote about but after a day of sun, fun, and relaxation all that faded away. This is an amazing resort with a phenomenal staff! They are always ready to help you and make your stay amazing! The food choices are insane so much to choose from and the specialty restaurants, for me, had the best food! I can't comment on the pool bc we only went to the beach bc it's simply beautiful and breathe-taking! Our week at the riu was one my husband and I will never forget!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Have travelled many a places and was very impressed with this first selection...we never had problems with restock, just call down to,front desk, with the food, too much to eat, the wait staff,hospatIlity, house service were all very professional....beautiful beach and resort, but I will complaint how the salt shakers where always clogged, lol, you will not be disappointed, only if you're a negative Nellie in General....

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My and my boyfriend have just returned from our holiday here and it was amazing! The staff could not do enough for us and we were treated like royalty, the rooms are lovely and spotless the whole resort is so clean. The staff are so friendly and our waitress called normally was fantastic even setting us a table one evening covered with rose petals and candles it was lovely. I would 1000% come back here again ignore bad reviews this hotel most definitely the best riu out of all of them in punta cana...enjoy

Room Tip: We had room 3013 and was lovely and quiet that side of the building
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed in the VIP section 10/19 - 10/26 with a group of 23. The resort is beautiful and very clean. The staff so nice and helpful, especially the bartenders at the VIP swim up bar! They took care of us every day...all day long!!!!!!

We stayed in room 5214. It was spacious, beautiful and very well cleaned every day. We also ordered room service a few times and it always arrived quick and hot!

We ate at the Italian Restauarant and the Steakhouse which were both excellent with great service. The buffets (breakfast lunch and dinner) were all excellent as well....with mind boggling options and really great staff who looked for us everyday and took great care of us!!

The Riu Palce Bavaro is an absolutely beautiful place and I hope I get the opportunity to return!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro? Share your experiences!