“Well Run hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Arena Gorda | Punta Cana, Punta Cana 74100, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $2000 Resort Credit
Ranked #41 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Well Run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A well run hotel, always being cleaned, pleasant staff who we found helpful. Beach location excellent. Room very comfortable even when the weather was bad we stayed in room 2121 nice view of the sea away from main part of the hotel. Food in restaurants got a bit repetitive after 14 nights but their was plenty to chose from some of it looked a bit dried up the later you went for dinner. The restaurant for lunch by the pool was open planned & sometimes I was put off by the the flies. Our 1st experience of The A La Carte was in the Italian restaurant it was not good as I was served uncooked chicken (it was pink) I sent it back to be served as I thought a fresh meal but I don't think it was as I was then sick all night & spent the next day in bed so be careful.
Entertainment in the evening varied & again was a bit repetitive for our choice some nice music to listen to could be an option for the hotel to have in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: we had room 2121 sea view & away from main hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the reception.... Enrique and Johan, 2 great men, helpful every day, very pleasant, and always got time for everyone. Room service.... 'Smokey' Robinson and Gerard, again 2 great men, can't do enough for you. Robinson has a great sense of humour and has a laugh with you, Gerard is such a nice man and the most helpful of the lot.
VIP pool bar.... Pache, Alex and nelfry always had our drinks sorted for us. They'd see when we had finished and there was a new on ready. We had a laugh with them too. The 2 guys on the towels are great at the VIP bar too, I forgot their names though.
In the main food hall, the waiters we took a shine to were Polanco, melo and Jonathan. When it was anyone's birthday, it was always these 3 singing and dancing the most. You could tell they were genuinely happy to be wishing you happy birthday.
Now the hotel...... Everywhere was spotless and the general service all round is amazing. The decor is brilliant and the patisserie was lovely. Them gardeners know how to put a shift in and the cleaners too. You can see everyone in there is pleased with their job and enjoy everything they're doing. It makes you feel better when you see everyone smiling. I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel at all and usually there is good and bad points about holidays. Not this one. I've been twice now this was my second time. The first time was in may and I couldn't wait to go back.

I read things on trip advisor and think people have exaggerated. Reading back over mine people will think the same but, believe me, the hotel is unreal.

• Stayed September 2013
pembroke pines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We absolutely loved it. We spent 6 nights and it was so worth it. The pictures online are truthful. Riu Palace Bavaro is the newest of all 2011?. It's well kept and very, very clean. There is some construction on some floors but the housekeepers were continuously cleaning. The restaurants were amazing so was the buffet we ate there practically every day (everything is fresh). Geisha and Krystal was our favorite. Taino the steakhouse was ok. Room service food not so great.... so get to dinner (buffet opens late). All inclusive beer, wine, champagne all unlimited (they only have a few choices, but they are ok).

The pool and beach was just amazing. At the pool waiters made sure your cup was always full. They were all very kind to us from the day we got there to the early morning we left. I would definitely visit again. We really enjoyed our trip. I was apprehensive, but we gave it a try and we weren't disappointed. I could keep writing but to make it short it was an amazing experience my boyfriend and I didn't want to leave.

PS. We are very picky about our accommodations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were a little worried after reading some reviews. We had stayed at the Riu Bambu 3 years previously and had a fabulous time which influenced our decision to return for our daughters birthday.
I can honestly say that we had an amazing holiday here. Everything was absolutely perfect, we couldn't find anything bad to say even if we tried. Food, rooms & staff were fantastic. In fact I've enjoyed it so much that we have booked for next year and we have never booked the same holiday for the following year. We were totally spoilt

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Palace Bavaro for our babymoon in June! We had a wonderful time! The beach is absolutely gorgeous which is the #1 reason we travel to the Caribbean.

The only thing I didn't like was where our room was located. We were in the very, very last room in the corner by Caribbean street. I had asked for a room close to everything considering I was 8 months pregnant but that is what they gave us. That being said, we always make the best of vacation and I just stayed positive and told myself I was getting my exercise for the week. And the rooms were amazing! Gorgeous and the tub was my favorite place all week! I brought bubble bath and enjoyed it every night! It was very relaxing! I could lay in the tub and watch tv! Perfect!

The food was good. I am a very picky eater and hardly ever had trouble finding something, the buffet is great because if you go to one of the specialty restaurants and don't like anything, you can hit up the buffet after you're done there.

We had Miguel take some maternity pictures of us on the beach and he did an amazing job!!

We sat in the same area by the pool every day and Angel and Starlight took AMAZING care of us! He would bring my husband, mom, and dad whatever they were drinking before they were done with the one before that! And he brought me waters each time too! And any non-alcoholic drinks I wanted! We loved the pool and pool bar!

I bought my parents a massage and they said it was the very best thing they have ever done on any vacation!

My favorite thing of the whole trip was the vanilla milkshakes from the cappuccino bar in the lobby! Unbelievable! Had one at least three times a day, every day!

We had an amazing time! I would definitely recommend this place and hope to go back in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our first time at the Riu Palace Bavaro and we enjoyed every minute. Check in was a joy as the staff on reception were wonderful, making you feel very welcome. Everything about the whole complex was lovely and so peaceful. There were always plenty of sunbeds available, both around the pool and on the beach and the pool waiters were forever asking if you wanted drinks. The main restaurant was extremely good with plenty of choices. We did eat at the Steak House one night but actually preferred the main restaurant instead, so we didn't bother with any of the others. There were always plenty of tables available no matter what time you decided to eat, and the staff were so attentive and very, very friendly. It was also nice to be able to walk to the other Riu hotels, either by road or beach, but it was a little cooler taking the pathway along the beach in the evening. The beach is beautiful with plenty of palm trees to shelter from the hot sun. We did read quite a few of the reviews before we travelled but we needn't have worried.This was our 4th Riu hotel and again we haven't been disappointed. Looking forward to booking another Riu holiday but the hardest part is deciding which one to choose.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SEAHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having read quite a few reviews before leaving on this holiday we compared the whole lot with our previous experiences of the Dom. Rep.
As we commented on the Cayo Levantado, we can only assume that some travellers think that a 4 or 5 star rating is comparable to top City Hotels.
Please listen folks , this is a third world country. Since our first visit to the Dominican Republic 12 years ago the infrastructure of the country has vastly improved but there is nothing that can compare ( to our present knowledge ) to top London / Paris / New York establishments.
OK so what do we think of the Riu Palace Bavaro !!
This is a quite new hotel, first impressions were very good. The check in was very quick . The staff were really helpful and smiles were abundant. The welcome cocktail was a cooling refreshing touch.
The whole place was very clean , we noticed staff wiping and cleaning everything from our first day.
We were celebrating our anniversary/ my 60 th. birthday so I had emailed the hotel to confirm our request for a sea view upper floor.
On our arrival we were given room 3123. Highly recommended. This gave a great view down to the vip pool and the sea.
The room is in the open plan style with the bath "in" the room , my wife was a little perturbed about this initially but I wasn't bothered at all. You are on holiday "CHILL" !!!
Optics in room with rum, whiskey, vodka and gin plus beer/lager and soft drinks in fridge. Also water, plus coffee making kit. I much preferred the optics, ahem !!
Rooms were cleaned each day with an evening turndown service. We left a couple of dollars each day as a tip. The "Towel Art " was always great fun and puts a smile on your face.
As "standard " guests. Not VIP we could only use the main pool. There were always lots of loungers , the hotel was initially quite quiet. Into our second week there were more guests but always seemed to be plenty of space.
The beach and sea were very good , plenty of loungers , although not much in the way of protection from the noonday sun as there are none of the beach parasols. I love swimming and snorkelling and had a great time.
The buffet and restaurants were of a good calibre and there is always something for every one.
The bar in the lobby can offer just about any drink, Yippee!!
The service from all the staff was very good and they will always try to please, I learned a few phrases which I think always helps and my accent was the source of much amusement and we had some good laughs.
If any thing the service has probably been the best from all of our stays in the Dom. Rep.
Around the pool I would initially give the waiter who wanders around the pool (sometimes 2 or 3 of them) a dollar or 2 when I received the first drink. This service starts with pool bar open ing of 10 am. I would find I had just finished this when another drink would appear, followed by another ! . Since we are early birds, I found I had drank 3 rum and cokes plus a beer by half past ten !!
So basically whats the nitty gritty !!!
Just GO !! you will enjoy it , Nice place- lovely people- clean hotel.
A good holiday over all.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter pool upgrade to vip as this pool seemed deserted at times.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro? Share your experiences!