“Best vacation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro

You added Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Arena Gorda | Punta Cana, Punta Cana 74100, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Best vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I loved pineapple and Alexandra and Maria!!! Best staff members!!!! I want to see them again because I miss them a lot! So if someone could take a picture of them together that would be great! Overall the service was Fantastic and I loved the food! I will be coming back in two years!!! (Don't forget to take a picture!!!)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Polish first
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Perfect trip will go back again and recommend it highly. Location is perfect with great beach and pools. Everyone was friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We were a party if 9 and had a fantastic time.

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my third RIU hotel experience, so I knew what to expect. My sixteen year old daughter and I travelled for Spring Break from NYC for a quick getaway. The room was average. I had to call a few times to get some items that we needed, and when I did, the management was helpful.
Our room was in the back, so it was quiet. Staff is always mopping the floor 24/7, and it is slippery. We liked the swim up bar, the beach was breezy and fairly well maintained, and we took a snorkeling trip from the company on the property. The entertainment staff are characters, and they are all about fun. Water aerobics, dance lessons, etc. were great. It is not quiet at the pool.
At night they perform in the hotel shows. I only saw the Michael Jackson show on our last night, and it was excellent.
We only ate at the buffet, but that was my daughter's preference. Nothing was outstanding, and the meat is really poor. I tried some seafood, but I can't say anything was good.
Overall, it was "as expected". I would try the Iberostar if I returned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeSoto, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just got back from stay at the RUI, it is pretty and the entertainment is great BUT not much else to say good about it. If you go there make sure you are in good health and watch your steps on the slippery tiles there, sister had a very BAD fall there sown a flight of steps, since no one can understand you there it took 20 minutes to get medical help and she was going in and out of concussiness , they want money up front for medical care, and it is expensive.....then they tell you to take your credit card and money for taxi ride back to resort from hospital. Management never came to the emergency it took them 4 1/2 hours and after 3 calls for him to come and speak with us and never showed any concern or check the next day to see how she was. Room service you call and if they do show up it takes about 5 to 6 hours. The food is cold most of the time. There were roaches in our bathroom that we killed everynight, the place is beautiful but lacks a lot. We wont go back to this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms were beautiful except the roaches, get an end room the breeze is great and more view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Rui Palace Bavaro for 6 days/5 night, June 27-July 2, 2013. The Resort looked even more beautiful in person as in the picutures prior to traveling there. I traveled with a large group and our Group coordinators were on point. When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised that the resort gave me a complimentarty VIP upgrade. (Access to the VIP pools, bar and beach areas) which I found to be a nice touch! I did notice they seem to a liite short with service staff.... as I did not have anyone to assist me with my bags to my room.... but as began in the rain one of the gardener saw me struggling and assisted me. The room was as I pictured it! NICE!

My complaints about my room was that as after I inspected my room, all seemed well until I was getting into the shower, I saw cock roach crawling around the shower... I was little annoyed.... but that was the only time I saw one.....

The bed linen was of poor quality, very harsh and beady..... SORRY!!! I'm used to sleeping on high quality sheets...

The pools were well kept...THE BEACH WAS ABSOLUTLY A DREAM....

I ate at the buffets during my stay and food was good. The staff was very friendly, especially YOKASHA at the dining area, she went above and beyond to see we comfortable during out stay. Our group had finale dinner at the Steakhouse and everything was set up and prepared very well done. Oh and my ribeye was just delish.

Pedro was is the BEST BARTENDER EVER!!!! Thank YOU!!!! ... "Bottomless Mamajuana"

I would return and recommend the Riu Palace Bavaro.

Came to the Riu with the streeses of WORK & LIFE and left with a Beautiful tan, No stress, No worries and Some GREAT memories.

Room Tip: It's quite on the VIP side...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Bavaro for 6 days/ 5 nights, July12-18. This is a spectacular resort, truly a Five Star Resort. Ignore all of the poor reviews. The staff works really hard to keep the hotel clean (we wondered if the staff sleeps). We only ate at the buffet, Monte Cristo. The food was mediocre the first two days but then got better (fresh lobster and succulent steak) towards the end of our stay. Also, be sure to try the barbecue and paella served on the beach at lunch time. Beware, the drive to the hotel is rough (the locals seem to ignore traffic rules) wear your seat belt. The night time entertainment shows are corny but the staff works so hard to make guests have a good time. The rooms are clean, hotel staff cleans rooms twice a day. The staff are friendly (some speak very little to no English) but they're really polite and eager to please. Best part of the trip, the beach. Very gorgeous water views and smooth sand you can actually walk on barefoot. This is the second time we have stayed at a Riu Resort and we plan to stay with them again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Riu Palace Bavaro 15th June – 29th June, we spent a very enjoyable 2 weeks and met some lovely people. Accommodation unless you upgrade is in one of the rooms in the main building 4 floors (plenty of lifts). The rooms are beautifully furnished very modern, clean and sleek just like in the photos on the web site. Air con was , very efficient and quiet and the maids did an excellent job with the cleaning.
The hotel was a lot bigger than I expected, and there are whole armies of staff, cleaners , gardeners, waiters, maids who are constantly working away in the background to keep this place immaculate.
Food is a personal choice but we thought the it was very good with lots of choice in the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also enjoyed the a la carte restaurants for dinner and the beach restaurant and beach barbeques for lunch. We didn't use room service and can't think why anyone would need to. There is at least one restaurant open from early morning till late at night with the Sports Bar serving 24 hours.
The animation team are on the go from 10am until 11.30pm, they try and get everyone to join in but are not forceful if you don’t want to.
This is not a hotel for anyone expecting lots of English people, a lot of the guests are from North and South America, Most staff speak some English but some have only a little knowledge. We had no problem making ourselves understood and we have tried to learn a few Spanish basics which always goes down well. German guests (Sensi Mar) have their own sections of the hotel with their own accommodation, pool, bar and restaurant which other people can’t access. I think it’s fair to charge more for certain room I don’t like the idea of segregating large sections of the hotel.
The weather was great and down at the beach there is a constant cooling breeze . The beach is beautiful but the only shade is from the palm trees so its either under an umbrella around the pool (no breeze) or breeze on the beach (no shade). Palapas on the beach would be a great investment.
The only thing that spoilt our last day was the arrival of a very large party celebrating GGGB 10th anniversary (You tube have a lot of info on this group), booked from 27th June – 2nd July. They took over a large section of the beach and had a massive party on Friday afternoon with music blasting out . When the beach party finished they all migrated to the poolbar. I went to reception to try and find out what was going on but was told it was a private party. I don’t mind anyone having a good time but the lyrics to the music that was playing were uncensored and was very hardcore rap. We and quite a few others with younger children just packed up and moved along to the beach at the Riu Palace Punta Cana. I have written to Riu and expressed my thoughts about allowing more of a 18-30’s type group to book into a Riu Palace when there are Riu Club hotels much more geared up to this type of ‘fun’.
All in all I really don’t know how Riu make a profit, it was very good value for money and I love the new styling of the Palace rooms.

Room Tip: Go for third floor if you want a view. Room 2055 is directly over the 24 hour Sports Bar.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro? Share your experiences!