This place was simply beautiful. The staff and management go above and beyond to make your vacation fun. The resort is huge and there is plenty to do. They provided lots of entertainment and different meals and parties right on the beach. I really couldn't have asked for a better island experience.
Food: 10 or 12 restaurants, some are closed each night. The food was great and they had lots of variety. Restaurants have strict dress codes and are in general, fairly formal. Men need long pants and collared shirts. Women are okay in skirts, dresses, whatever really. My only complaint is that there was nowhere to snack. I wanted to just walk up to a grill-type restaurant and just get a snack. Instead they want to escort you to a table and seat you for a meal. They did have 24 hour room service though. Order food whenever you want. I heard of a few people getting sick but mostly I think it was due to drinking too much and eating strange foods. A couple of people said it was the beef. I was very cautious and tried to eat "normal" foods, however, on the last day I became ill with lots of "#2" and a stomachache for a few days.
Entertainment: The resort went out of their way to set up meals on the beach, parties on the beach, nightly shows in the resort on the stage, and they have a "discoteca" right on the resort that is open til 3am. One night they had a white party on the beach. Everyone wore white and they set up a dance floor. It was great. I wouldn't leave the resort for entertainment.
Pool was huge, beautiful and spanned the entire length of resort. Beach was beautiful but waters are rough. If you have been to Jamaica it is nothing like the calm waters there. The waters are rough with huge waves. Most days there was a red flag meaning you can't swim. One area had a yellow flag though. Regardless it is beautiful.
There is one night they allowed vendors to come in and set up tables to sell you stuff. This was awful--the vendors were extremely pushy. I left it on a comment card so maybe they won't allow that again. Internet cafe is $7 for 15 minutes. Main language is Spanish. Spanish music, spanish speakers. Most of staff can speak English though. Anything else you want to know? Send me a message. I have more pictures.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Excellence
- Secrets Excellence
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Secret Excellence
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Excellence Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.