We stayed Jan. 1-8
First I would like to mention about the ride from the airport to the resort. It is only an hour which is not that long, having been to Jamaica our resort was 2 1/2 hours a way. It can be bumpy in some areas. It definetly did not ruin or vacation of bother us enough that we would complain about it.
Once we arrived we were whisked away to the Excellence club for check in.
We were informed that the room category we had booked (junior swim up room) was not available. What???
I guess we were lucky as were upgraded to the Honeymoon suite. So I have no complaints, but if we were downgraded like another trip review had stated I would have been livid.
It honestly seemed to me that they really wanted to go out of their way and make you happy, so I am assuming all the junior swim up rooms were taken not because they were overbooked per say but other people were upgraded to them.
The food was great overall, the breakfast buffet was huge lots to choose from.
Chez Isabelle was great food but a long long wait. My hubby didn't like any of the 4 courses so he ordered 2 main courses. Well after 2 hours (1 waiting to get in, 1 wait for food) he was starving!
Toscana had the best fettucine alfredo I have ever tasted!
The Grill was my preference for Lunch.
Service was prompt everywhere. I never had to wait long for a drink, and the maid service was excellentaaaa.
The resort is very secluded so take this into consideration when choosing your resort. The closest plaza is a 10 minute ride by taxi and most excursions are at least an hour away. With exception of the Outback Safari it is only 20 minutes away. I highly recommend this excursion it was very informative and fun.
We loved the beach and pool. The pool is very long I never had problems of bumping into anyone, especially since I didn't pay much attention as I was mostly on the floats.
Beach is fun, not for swimming but playing in the waves and boogie boarding.
The evening entertainment is good as well , my fav being 70's 80's rewind and the circus.
If your looking for a relaxing romantic resort then this resort is it.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Excellence
- Secrets Excellence
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Secret Excellence
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Excellence Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.