This was my 3rd trip to Dominican Republic and was by far my best experience because of the Excellence Punta Cana. First and foremost, the staff are EXCEPTIONAL. My sister had been extremely ill requiring hospital stay for 3 days and 2 nights and the concierge staff including Roberto Puello, Yalinda, and others of whose names I unfortunately can't remember but whose faces I'll never forget, organized a free taxi ride for myself and my family, which was a cost of 120 dollars american as the hospital is 1 hour away, provided get well soon flowers for her and suggested use of an Ipad with movies, take away food from the hotel and so forth to make her feel comfortable. They also reimbursed my sister's taxi ride back from the hospital to the hotel-they truly made us feel at home and continuously followed up with us by leaving messages on our hotel room phone and in person. To add, I too was also sick-experienced an allergic reaction, and was able to get medical attention from the on staff doctor who was able to provide treatment without problem-this doctor also tended to my sister who suggested she required ambulance transportation to the hospital in the first place. So needless to say, the service is impecible!
The hotel overall really is excellent. It is extremely close to the beach and stretches approximately 2km of beach with no other resorts next to it. There is no requirement of bracelets like most other hotels and there is no need for reservations for the many restaurants that they offer. On the beach, they have not only beach chairs but also queen sized beds with pillows that you can also lay on. There is food at the beach bar from 12pm-4pm and the bar itself is close by but no worries, there are people coming around continuously asking for your drink order at your chair.
The room we stayed in was beautiful. As you enter to your left there is a mini fridge with water, fanta, coke you name it's in it and on the counter are nuts, crackers, and even OREOS! There is also liqour in the room for your pleasure. There is a stand up shower that is see through to the room and a huge jacuzzi bath. The patio is also nice with sliding doors. The beds are a bit hard but comfortable and large. Often the maids, if you leave them a nice gift or tip, will leave you flowers on the bed or towel animals. The room, for the short time we were in it, was great.
The food I enjoyed most was at the following restaurants: Spice, Toscana, Agave, and the Grill. There was also a really great Mexican food restaurant but of it's name I can't remember. Given I have allergies to dairy products, I felt there were enough food options for me. At the Grill, I was surprised to see gluten free options on their menu so for all you Glutards out there not to worry-you'll be fine. I'm not sure from a vegetarian option if there was enough but you'd get by for sure.
There's lots to do for activities both at the pool side and at the sports bar. At there sports bar you can do archery, gun shooting, ping pong, phooze ball, and play pool and along the pool side there are often games such as bingo etc being played. They also teach scuba diving at the hotel as well as do aquatic fit classes. The entertainment staff including Super Willy, Ross, and Hubert are absolutely exceptional, extremely friendly, and fun. Who knows, if you're lucky, you may see Super Willy rap to Eminem on stage!! :-) Also, just to add, they do horseback riding on the beach and even did a horse show on the beach-it was great!
Speaking of entertainment, what I think I loved most in comparison to other hotels is that after the main show, they had an individual acoustic artist play for one hour at the piano bar-Gustavo Del La Cruz. His presence demands an audience as his voice and musical talent are out of this world. He speaks to your soul and gives you that mmmmm feeling. He covers songs from Nirvana to Coldplay to Oasis and also sings songs he has written himself and sells a CD after the show. He is Argentinian and sings songs in both Spanish and English-he has a sexy raspy voice-he's just awesome!
Well..overall it was a fantastic resort to stay in for a week and my family loved it so much they would go back! Thank you to everyone at the Excellence hotel who made this trip worth while! Lots of love to you from Canada!
Elisabeth McLatchie, Room 6210
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Excellence Group LLC, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence