We stayed at the Excellence Punta Cana DR 11/7--11/11. We were at this location for my son's wedding with 40 other wedding attendee's. The Excellence is about an hour ride from the airport with one stop at another resort. Upon arrival our room was upgraded to an Excellece club room. I believe this was do to renovations. The room was large with a jacuzze tub in it. We were pretty busy so did not get to use it but it looked great. The wedding was on the beach with a cocktail hour to follow. The reception was held off site. The wedding was wonderful as was the cocktail hour. All was setup realy nice. The resort is not very flexible on their wedding packages so just be aware, you get what you are contracted for and they will not change or make exceptions. But it was not my planning so my son can complain about that. Check-in was easy and quick, the service at the resort is the best I have experienced in my 5 travels to the DR. The staff is always willing to help and always have a smile on their face. Room cleaning was great. The mini bar in the room was top noch and restocked as needed. We were in building 12 and it is a long walk to the everything but the pool. So if walking is an issue for you then you may want to find one of the other buildings. All the food we had was excellent you should not have a problem with the food at this location. Room service (also free)was timley and called you to say they were on their way. They had various activities going on that we did not get to take advantage of like free horse back riding and free snokeling trips, I have never had that as a free item before nice touch Execellence. The pool is large and keeps on going. They had morning activities that seemed well attended but they did not have the normal loud music and activies team running around. This was nice but sometimes I like the party sounds and activity.
To sum up this the best place I have stayed for an All inclusive and would go back in a second. All services are great as is food & drinks. If your a picky person I am sure you will be able to find something but it should be hard to complain about anything. Well done Excellence Team, your the best. I always say read all lots of reviews before booking then you should not be suprised about anything good or bad. You just have to determine if the bad things are real and if it is a deal breaker for you.
Jim from NJ
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Excellence
- Secrets Excellence
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Secret Excellence
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Excellence Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Excellence Group LLC, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.