“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Excellence Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Excellence Punta Cana to your Saves list
Excellence Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Denver, Colorado
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just got back......and wanted to take a minute to write about my experience at the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana. I have to say I loved everything about it, however I especially loved everyone working there. I have never met so many nice and genuine people. They would do anything for you. A few people I want to mention include Victor, Natalie, Yanilka, Elias (Spice), Jhonny (Oregano), the lifeguard Julio David, Libeth (Spice), Francisco (bar tender) and I am sure I am forgetting many. All of them were wonderful and Excellence is very lucky to have them. The resort is beautiful, and clean. The food was great. some of my favorite places were Oregano, Agave, Spice, Barcelona and Tuscany. The lobster house has a wonderful breakfast. I wish I would have tried it sooner but the breakfast buffet and lunch buffet are very good as well. They try very hard to please and make sure you are having a wonderful experience. I went with my husband and my parents and we had a blast. But I would caution you in the ocean. The waves are pretty strong and the undertow is strong as well. My husband and dad actually saw a girl get pulled out and helped the lifeguard while he swam out to get her and her husband. So be careful...it looks innocent but it can happen fast. I would definitely come back to Excellence Resort. The shows were great, the people are wonderful and the resort is clean and well taken care of. Thank you everyone there!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

7,783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,595)
  • Korean first
Fredericton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My spouse and I love to travel. We LOVED LOVED LOVED staying at this resort!

The property, amenities, staff, food, accomodations, and beach were perfect. It was incredibly relaxing and we felt content the entire trip.

Adult only resort, jacuzzi in room, 24 hour room service, numerous restaurants & bars .. unlimited sparkling wine and drinks, massages on the beach, well equiped gym, gorgeous beach, pool and property ... flamingos, parrots, turtles ... I cannot say enough good things.

If anyone complains about this resort just ignore it ... some people are just too picky and you cannot please them. This resort is top notch and you will have a wonderful time there.

I will book the Excellence Club next time as they have prefered beach area and private lounge as well as numerous little perks.
We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Excellence Punta Cana from 30th October for 13 nights, travelling with First Choice holidays from Manchester, we had good flights with Thomson Airways. We opted for the standard coach transfer included in the holiday. The coach stops at Sirenis and Dreams before arriving at EPC total journey time was 1 hour 30 mins. Next time we would pay for private transfer. On the way back the First Choice Coach collected us 5 hours and 10 mins before the flight departure time - way too long!

We had booked a garden view room, we were allocated a room in block 11 on the top
Floor, I had emailed ahead requesting top floor. The room was fine, exactly what we expected, standard furniture, bed was large and not too hard (as I had read on previous reviews) great rain shower and trendy sink with taps either end. AC worked very well.

Food - we ate at all the restaurants and enjoyed them all, our favourites were Spice, Chez Isabelle and Agave. After reading some negative reviews before we travelled about the food, we were definitely surprised at how good it was for All Inclusive food catering for 100’s of people daily. Last year (the same 2 weeks) we stayed at Secrets Royal Beach and definitely thought the food was better at EPC. It helps that you have 8 restaurants to choice from without having to makes reservations. We usually went down for dinner at 8pm and only had to wait once for 5 mins, they will give you a bleeper so you can go and take a seat somewhere and have a drink. Our least favourite was the lunch time beach grill Las Olas, as its self service, plastic knives and forks, and a bit of ‘free for all’ when its busy it’s a case of ‘he who shouts loudest’ gets served, not really our thing, it did seem really popular with people wanting to eat on the go, we saw people eating pizza and burger whilst still in the pool! We preferred the lunch buffet as its more civilised.

Beach - loved the beach and the sea, you can walk either way for miles, if you walk around the corner to the right the sea becomes flatter and you can swim and hardly another person insight. We went into the sea every day and loved jumping and body boarding in the waves. The sea was clear and free from sea weed, however we had quite bad storm and it did bring sea weed on the beach, but they did a great job in clearing the weed off the beach. We preferred this beach to the more popular Bavaro beach as its less commercialised, so no noisy boats and beach vendors hassling you - just the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore.

Service - the service was excellent from start to finish, from the waiters in the restaurants to the beach and pool service waiters. We met the lovely Yalinka from customer relations who helped us with a small request, she was very polite, professional and always happy to help you and ask how your holiday is going. She certainly is a credit to EPC. Also would like to mention Natalie from the pool concierge who is very friendly and had a big smile on her face every day!

EPC is quite a lively resort, especially around the pool area, there were a few large groups of Americans in wedding parties when we there. We sometimes we found it too rowdy around the pool, but you could always find a quite place on the beach if you preferred peace and quiet.

Would we recommend to friends - yes. Would we return - yes.

Room Tip: ask for top floor as you get a vaulted ceiling and feels more spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We recently returned from our 6 night stay October 27 - Nov 1, 2012. We really enjoyed our stay and met some wonderful friends while we were there. One of the things that kept coming up is how many times some guests have been there. This resort has a large percent of return guests. We stayed in 8210 the upper floor and liked the open feeling of the high ceilings. We went with the Excellence club and were greeeted warmly and taken to the club for private check in Carlos was great. Our luggage did not arrive for 3 days and Carlos helped us out with the airlines and letting me us the phones and free wi-fi to summit a claim. We loved the private beach area with Diego and Natalie. After the 1st day they all new what we liked and made sure we had what ever we needed. The first two days my husband slept all day in the comfortable bali beds. The beach was amazing and hurricane Sandy brought in this great sand bar. It lasted about 4 days and the swimming was great. I had read recent reviews that the beach was not swimable because of the under tows, but the sandbar took that away. I guess we hit it at a great time. The pool is also amazing with the exception of some loud, drunk, folks making complete fools of themselves. Oh well, I guess it was there vacation also. The new pool floats arrived while we were there more than enough to go around. We did not see anyone reserving beds, chairs with towels and then not using them. The food was a bit hit or miss. Our favorites were Spice and Chez Isabelle. We enjoyed the breakfast at the Lobster house and even the Breakfast in the club lounge. The grounds are so well kept and the maid service is exceptional. I can see why many people return. I just wish that the food was better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

After having stayed at excellence cancan, this place was disappointing. We booked a king bed but was given two queens. We immediately complained and was told we had to wait until the next day for a room we booked months ago! The food was inconsistent as was the food service. On one occasion, we had to call for housekeeping as it was 5:30 p.m. and no one had been in. I will say that the hotel tried to make things better, ie free beach bag, t-shirt, and hat but it was no enough to convince us to return again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a wonderful time, staff very friendly. Yanilka was very helpful and kind. Would definitely come back! Loved the shows that were featured each night, the 24/7 room service was also a plus. The excursion we went on was so much fun. Hung out at the pool bar a lot which was always fun as well. The beach was beautiful and there were always staff to around to offer you drinks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Well what can I say.......
This was booked as a honeymoon and it was a dream come true, nothing but nothing was too much trouble for almost all of the staff. The pool conciege Natalie was an absolute diamond. Altagrazia was a star as well. Just really do not know where to start, the food was good in all of the restauratnts (6) from breakfast by the sea in the Lobster Restaurant to the snack bar on the beach, Asian, Italian, French, such a choice and excellent service with a smile.
Rooms and facilities are brilliant, maid service twice a day if required. Rooms were massive and had a jacuzzi ensuite. room service was quick and very efficient. Make sure you get to the Dominican Night to sample a bit if the local tastes which were excellent.

English hotels or anywhere else we have visited could learn a lot from this place, all inclusive means exactly that... Excellence is the correct name for this resort in all ways.

Room Tip: If you can blag an upgrade you will be in even more luxury but rooms are great, possibly avoid the r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Excellence Punta Cana? Share your experiences!