I recently returned from a 5 day/ 4 night stay at Secrets Excellence and can honestly say I've never had so much fun in my life. My wife and I went with 5 other married couples who I'm sure would agree with me wholeheartedly.
Let's start with my favorite part, the food. I had heard from other friends who had been to Punta Cana that you needed to be a little wary of the food. My first meal, Wed. evening, was in the Texas Steakhouse (not it's name) and I can honestly say it was fantastic. The barbecued wings and steak were just right. We were pampered by multiple servers throughout that dinner, and never had to wait long for anything.
Breakfast every morning was served in the Belle Italia restauarant, and I can honestly say I've never had a better ham and cheese omlette than the ones I had there. Bacon and ham was ok, potatoes varied by day, and there were always ample substitutes such as cereals, breads, and danishes. The coffee was a little strong, but nothing a little extra "leche" wouldn't fix. The Mediterranean and Mexican Restuarants were also great tasting establishments and other than having a hard time accomodating our groups size, were fantastic.
Next critique, the service. I've read other guests complaints about bugs, robes, staff, etc.. Robes were not in the room, but one phone call quickly rectified that issue. Bugs were exclusively on the outside of our room. One couple in our group did have some ants in their room, but this too was quickly fixed. Staff was extremely helpful in all facets of our visit. From restocking our mini-bar per our request, to extra towels, to even helping deliver 12 cheeseburgers from my room to the cascade pool. These guys worked EXTRA HARD to accomodate our every request. Our entire group had photos taken with one of their best workers, Felix. Even when we became a little rowdy in one of the pools, the staff steered it's way through the proper channels to assure us that we were well within our rights to enjoy ourselves the best we could.
Let me close by saying that a diverse group of 6 married couples all left with tears in there eyes as we boarded our bus for the bumpy trip back to the airport. Even though the weather didn't always cooperate (rained the first two days), the service, food, and entertainment made up for everything else. I will gladly return to see Oscar, Felix, Miranda, Saury, and the rest of the gang as soon as my wife and I can afford it. Gracias Secrets Excellence!!!!! :)
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Excellence
- Secrets Excellence
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Secret Excellence
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Excellence Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.