“Average room Very bad Air conditioning” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Grand Punta Cana

You added Be Live Grand Punta Cana to your Saves list
Be Live Grand Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Average room Very bad Air conditioning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just spent a couple of days there and the whole building 14 had a problem with the AC. We were change to another building and the AC worked but did not cool more than 25 Degrees Celsius and the Temperature outside the room was 25.5 so no good either. They just said they could not do anything about it to fix it because it was working properly according to them. The food is average so nothing there to say. The staff in the restaurants were very nice.

Would not recommend it at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I just came back from DR and had a 5 days fun experience at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. The entertainment team is very friendly and didn't let the tourists get bored. I liked the variety of food served besides the cleanliness in the entire resort.

I didn't like much the dinner served at the Japanese restaurant. Also, my room had a leak which wasn't fixed even though I communicate to the front desk a couple times.

Overall it was very good and I recommend this resort. (Staff contact at Be Live: Wilson Lopez)

Gatineau QC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband were there from February 9 to 16, the intent was to relax and celebrate our Wedding anniversary on February 14 - Well we accomplished all that. We were suppose to be at Natura Park but due to electricity issues over there, Natura Park sent us to Be Live Grand Punta Cana. At first we were not sure what to think, but when we got there, the desk staff was quick to ensure us that they were going to give us a nice stay... and they delivered. Food was great and plentiful. We were impressed with the animation team, always had something going on, it was awesome and the shows at night were very pleasant. Our Room had just been renovated, very modern and clean lines. We travelled with TMR, and we got the best service I ever experienced in 14 years of travelling, a huge Thanks to Mélina and Kathy for all their attentions and efforts to ensure we have the best vacation possible. Resors has a very nice beach, but be prepared... most and on some days, all of the loungers under Palapas were reserved, I am pretty the Russian go after the shows at night, so when you go in the morning, nothing available. Every morning I would go to the beach for the sunrise... i.e. 5h30/5h45, and not a lounger available.

This is a comment that has nothing to do with the resort... Be aware that this resort is inundated with Russian tourists... just about every single one more "Rude" than the next one... I cannot believe that people can be so rude to the staff and get away with it. I have over 14 years of travelling experience, and the staff at this resort exceeded my expectations, bending over backwards to make my vacation the best... and these Russian tourists were so rude to them, never a friendly smile, never a thank you for a job well done... I was actually very sad for those hard workers.

I did not let those russian people ruin my vacation, I just made sure that all those nice Dominician people knew that I was very appreciative of all the work and effort they put out.

I would not hesitate to go back to this Resort, my husband and I had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We had room 3301 - 3rd floor, Block 3.... Close to everything, and it's one of the renovated roo...
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I just returned home from Punta Cana and I must say I had tears in my eyes as I left because I had such a wonderful time. The VIP experience at Be Live Grand was amazing!!! Our room was beautiful and immaculately clean, the VIP lounge in building 7 was great (the ladies inside were always pleasant), and the access to the VIP beach with endless drink service from Frank was a nice retreat away from the madness of the main hotel beach. Overall, (with one exception with the hostess in the American restaurant) I felt that the service was impeccable! If you decide to stay at Be Live please look for Wilson Lopez! Wilson helped my friends and I with whatever we needed throughout the duration of our stay. Whether it was a 4 person move our VIP rooms, a stuck lock in our safe, a translator, etc. he always was right there to assist with a smile on his face. Thanks again Wilson! Secondly, the entertainment was great! I enjoyed Mambo during the Michael Jackson show and other evening events. Mambo has energy for days and the kids love him! If I ever return to Punta Cana you will find me at Be Live! Thanks to all the amazing and very hard working staff for making my vacation one that I will always remember!

Room Tip: Go with the VIP option and request to stay in Building 7. It is well worth the money!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dirección Be Li... G, Club Premier Manager at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Be Live during your trip to Punta Cana. We really appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

We are glad to know you had an amazing time with us, we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better.

Warm Regards,

Marta Esperón
Club Premier Manager
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My sister and I recently returned from Be Live, where we stayed in the VIP section of the resort in king rooms w/beach front views. The accommodations were VERY nice and the people were fabulous. I fell in love with the staff and all the locals. Yeiry Vicente in the VIP check-in and lounge, as well as her coworkers, were incredible. Yeiry made a lasting impression on me, given her kind spirit, friendliness and willingness to teach me how to say certain words in Spanish. She got "a kick" out of it! The security staff were very helpful, as well: I managed to lose my security box key, which turned into a huge ordeal, as they didn't have a duplicate. Yeiry joked with me that I could live with her if we were unable to retrieve my passport from the security box.

On the other hand, the food and cocktails were very bad...probably the worst I've eaten, EVER! I'm convinced, too, that the alcohol to mix cocktails wasn't alcohol at all. It had an odor of alcohol, but no effect. Very odd. We observed others purchasing cocktail mixers off-site to use at the resort. Although we paid for all-inclusive, after our first meals at the resort my sister and I decided to eat off-site. We found a very nice Café nearby called the El Toro Café. It is a small family owned outdoor café that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a limited selection of beer and mixed drinks. The best fried chicken and rice I've eaten. The owner speaks perfect English, while his brother-in-law (who we learned studied under a Chinese chef in China) prepares the food. His sweet wife and teenage son...who is cute as pie and struggling to learn English...takes your order and serves the meals. I returned the next morning for breakfast that consisted of a generous portion of bacon and eggs w/French Fries! Yum!!

If you stay at the Be Live Resort, you will love the facility and the staff. However, I recommend that you eat your meals down the road at the El Toro Café.

Room Tip: Splurge for the VIP ocean-view king! Please don't lose your security box key...you will regret...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karen,

First of all, thank you for the time you took to leave your review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.
We regret to read that you didn’t enjoy our food, because we have 7 restaurants and we are constantly changing the buffets menu to provide our guests more variety, always taking care of the quality. However we are sorry that this was not to your taste, but it´s great to know that you felt in love with our staff, service and facilities.

It will be an honor to serve you again the next time you are in Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

Marta Esperón
Club Premier Manager
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Had amazing time at this resort ,beautiful beach ,white sand and amazing staff!! Went with family and friends we all had a great time ,always something to do around the pool and beach !! The food was good and the people that work in the restaurants are very friendly Orlando was amazing always made sure everyone at our table was happy with everything felt so pampered ! The entertainers were amazing and fun to be with !! Love dancing with all of them they work all day long to make us have a fun time !! Thanks to Coca- Cola ,super Mambo ,shorty, Nega, Pechuga ,mc Donald ,Juan and all of the others thanks for making the trip so much fun !! Great drinks ,Miguelito made me drinks I will never forget :) .cant wait to go back and do it again

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I read many reviews before we travelled to Punta Cana and I wish I hadn't - so many people had negative reviews and I can't figure out why! We arrived later in the day - around 4 pm - so we had no problems with check in. We also went down early for check out - got to the lobby around 11:30 instead of 12, so we bypassed any check out problems. I would definitely recommend this for people - one day we saw the check out line at 12:30 and it was a bit overwhelming. Our shuttle for the airport left at 1:00 pm anyway, and one of the bell boys was able to store our luggage in a secure closet so we could still enjoy the pools and a few last minute drinks without ever having to deal with the check out line.
My husband and I were travelling for our honeymoon and debated getting one of the VIP rooms - however, when we first got there they didn't have any available so we decided we would stay in our original Superior Deluxe room for one night and switch the next day. After that first night, we realized there was no need for the VIP rooms. I'm sure they make sense for a lot of people, but it just didn't seem to make sense for us. We had a beautiful 2nd floor room with a balcony, a king sized bed, and a jacuzzi in the bathroom - and, more importantly, we didn't plan on spending much time in our room after we explored the resort our first night. There seemed to be a pool nearly every 10 feet, and a bar every 20, so aside from sleeping and showering, we spent very little time in the room.
Our favorite things: the Bavaro bar and pool near our block (block 10) became our go-to destination. It was away from the main pool and pool bar, so it was very peaceful, and the bartender, Nicolas, was awesome. He took great care of us, going so far as to offering to bring drinks to us during some of the quieter times. We probably spent 8 hours a day hanging out there with Nicolas and made good friends with a lot of the other "regulars" who made that their hangout.
The main pool and swim up bar were also amazing. We spent time there our very first day, before discovering the Bavaro Bar, and were very impressed. The bartender at the swim up bar, Pedro, was a lot of fun, and took great care of us everytime we swam up. There were also some very nice people at the regular pool bar at the main pool, including a young man who was training (I believe his name was Luis) who helped us out of a particularly sticky situation when we dropped a dice from the upper bar's terrace into the lower bar area(yes, we brought games to play down at the pool bar terrace in the evening! very relaxing, and the Bavaro bar closed at 6). They did have dancing and activities at the main pool every afternoon and most evenings - we definitely enjoyed it, but for us, on our honeymoon, we were glad to have the option of having a more secluded pool and bar.
The beach bar and Carlos, the bartender who bounced between there and the disco, were also amazing. We spent quite a bit of time talking to Carlos each night, as we would always make the beach a stop no matter where we were going that night. He was incredibly friendly and even convinced my husband to go to the disco one night when he was bartending - something my husband rarely would consent to, except Carlos made such a compelling argument, and was so much fun to hang out with.
The Mexican restaurant for breakfast and lunch was incredible, and had an amazing selection of food as well as amazing service staff. Anders, Devin - too many names that I can't remember them all - made it feel like a hometown diner for us, welcoming us every day and even stopping to say hi to us outside of the restaurant throughout the resort. The Mexican restaurant was also a lot quieter than the main buffet during breakfast and lunch, and had an awesome deck to sit on.
We also enjoyed the casino, although we are not big gamblers. Each night we would each play $20 at the blackjack table, and could usually play for at least 30 minutes off of that $20. The dealers were good, and there was one in particular (I should have started writing names down!) who made playing so much fun. Just watch out for angry drunk gamblers who have played too long - we ran into a couple of folks who definitely killed our moods when they arrived.
Conveniently, the casino is located near to the theatre, where they have showed throughout the week at 9:45. We made it to 2 shows, and they were both a lot of fun.
Our tips for having a successful trip here? TIP. TIP. TIP. Come on. You can afford to travel to the Dominican Republic, you can afford to throw a couple of dollars to the servers and staff who are working their butts off. I couldn't get over how hard these folks were working day in and day out just to accommodate everyone. You'll also be quick to notice that the serving staff at the bars and restaurants are very quick to go above and beyond if you can tip them even one dollar (we never converted any money, just tipped in US dollars all week). We tipped our housekeeper as well, and she gave us some extra beers for our fridge, and then came back 2 more times within the next 20 minutes to give us a few more. It means so much to them and so little to us, why not make someone's day. If you can't afford to tip, at least treat the staff with respect, Smile at them, look them in the eye, say hello. Unfortunately I saw too many people so focused on their own vacation that they forgot to recognize the people who were working to make it special.
Bring your own mug for drinks - unfortunately the cups there are very small, so you end up back at the bar every 10 minutes. We met a couple from Canada who brought very big insulated travel mugs, so you could still get a pina colada and sit by the pool without it melting. We ended up buying some on our third day, and it made a huge difference. They also have filtered water at every bar so you can also use those big mugs to take drinking water back to your rooms if need be.
Make your dinner reservations for the restaurants on the resort early - when we went to make reservations our first day, there was nothing available for that night, only one spot open at one restaurant the next night, and only two open options the night after that. However, if you can't get into the restaurants, the main buffet is not bad. Our only complaint was that it was a bit overwhelming because it's so big, and there's so many people there it can be difficult to really explore all of the options.
Don't be afraid to bring a sweater - we laughed at the idea of bringing something warm, but we definitely used the sweaters we packed on a couple of the nights.
Complaints: Watch out for the vendors who come onto the resort and beach. They are incredibly insistent in making a sale, and can make it difficult to leave. We had to keep reminding ourselves that they are used to that kind of rejection, but it doesn't come easy to us, so just be very aware. If you have a hard time saying "No" 20-30 times, just try to keep walking without initiating any sort of contact (this is one situation where it may be best to not make eye contact and say hello).
Our only other complaint (and this isn't against the hotel, but figured I would include it so people who use this service are aware) we utilized VIP Travel Services to set up our shuttle to and from the airport and paid in advance, and had a really hard time finding the VIP Travel rep at the resort. No matter how many times we went to the lobby to find him - including one day where we went down 6 times throughout the morning - his hours were inconsistent and he was difficult to contact. On the flip side, I went to guest services after the 6th time we came down and the woman working there asked a few of the other travel reps and was able to obtain his cell phone number, and then proceeded to help me try to call every number listed for VIP travel. When we had no luck she apologized, even though it wasn't her fault, and when we came back later that day the gentleman who was working helped us call of the numbers again, and the next day a different gentleman in guest services helped us call again, when we were finally successful. So, in the end, we were able to still contact the VIP travel rep with the help of at least 3 members of the guest services team, and I can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: We got our room by the luck of the draw and didn't request something special, but if you want a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Be Live Grand Punta Cana? Share your experiences!