“To remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Grand Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Be Live Grand Punta Cana to your Saves list
Be Live Grand Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana Higuey, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #64 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Jersey City, New Jersey
“To remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel from Miami and since the first day everything has been wonderful.
The grounds are lovely and very green.
This is our second time in DR and first in this resort and we really like it.
We want to thank many people. Marino Gil, Wilson Lopez, Lorenzo at the main bufet and Nicolas bartender.
Overall everything is ok.

3,068 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

They maximize your capacity of spending money and also maximize theirs of saving their own. The apartment’s broken telephone means that you are not able to call to the restaurant asking for food. The same comment applies to the apartment’s broken refrigerator (I complained during the whole week!). They intentionally leave cleaning people robing unprotected money or even small objects in the apartments so that you need to rent a lock for the safety box. They serve horrible (HORRIBLE!!!) food and bad quality beverages, so that you can eat and drink less (eat a salad and die!). They also tried to steal my money with the exorbitant prices of Wi-Fi connections as well as they’ve charged me 22 U$ for two collect calls which where supposed, as the name says, to be costless to the hotel.
In their web page they declare themselves as been a 5 stars hotel, but I am sure, based on my perceptions that they aren’t. Staff is also bellow any known quality standards, cause at least half of their employees have a sad look in the eyes denoting probably modern slavery (low income together with inhumane labour journeys). And last, but not least, when I asked the reception guy about a way of complaining about all the described above, (please don’t laugh, cause is not a joke!) he solely said: “Try TripAdvisor!!!”

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Mr. Mattias,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are very sorry to learn we were not able to fulfill your expectations, and we apologize for it. We know that the best way for us to be better is when our guests tell us the points where we need improvement. Regarding the issue with the phone calls, it is my duty to clarify that you were not charge 22usd for the calls, you were charged 4usd for the call and 18usd for the use of the safe you rented the same day of your arrival.

Thank you again for your time.

Víctor Pollantis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving the first day, we were amazed at the beauty. No one spoke good English...and some no English at all (and were very rude when we tried to ask for something). Our first night there we were STARVING and could not find one of the 4-5 Restaraunts noted on the website. We were directed to a small buffet that consisted of hot dogs, French fries, fruit, and various mini desserts. Not the island cuisine we were expecting. We had to make reservations for the other themed restaurants which were only open on certain nights. The hostess mixed up our reservation for the Mexican and Italian restaurant. We ended up eating Italian on the night we were supposed to eat Mexican and they almost did not let us in because we did not have a reservation. We may as well have not eaten there because the food was awful. We went to the big buffet expecting seafood...not at all. Chicken prepared in more ways than you can count. Besides the bad food and limited English speaking staff, the spa visit and excursions were excellent. My favorite was the horseback riding, as I'd never been, and the spa experience. Beware: make sure you bring plenty of cash. Even the ATM issues pesos. Overall, my BFF and I had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Sunshine0321,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are very sorry to know we were not able to fulfill your expectations. Regarding the issues with the Restaurants at your arrival, it is my duty to inform you that not all the Restaurants are open the entire day, and between meals we offer a snack Restaurant.

We apologize again for the issues you encountered, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at the resort for 8 nights in mid-december. I enjoyed my experience there all with the exception of the food. Although they have 5 restaurants, you must make a reservation to eat at every restaurant with the exception of the main buffet hall. I will admit that I am a picky eater, but the food was almost unbearable for me at times. I actually lost about 5 pounds while I was away, which I suppose isn't a bad thing. As for value, unless you are a big drinker (which i am not), and considering the quality of food, it wasn't a bargain by any means when you total in the airfare.

I chose the junior suite ocean view room and was very happy with my room. It had a spectacular ocean view and was clean. The bed was comfortable. I spoke to a few other guests who said they chose the lower priced room at first and when they got there were very disappointed in the condition of the rooms (dirty, moldy, etc.). So if you are going to go, keep in mind the higher priced rooms are the nicest. You get what you pay for...

Don't expect too much from the 24 hr room service, I tried it the first night and the front desk literally just put the phone down (after I asked for room service) and continued checking guests in. I waited 5 minutes and then hung up. Some of the staff were friendly, but it is definatly not a warm welcoming feeling. When you are out dining it felt as if they just wanted to get rid of you. I did find that the wait staff at the mexican restaurant were warm and welcoming. I also found it to have better food (the way it is prepared, freshness, etc.) out of most of the restaurants there. If you purchase the VIP package you may also eat there for breakfast and lunch.

The main language at the resort is spanish. They do have some people that spoke english, but they didnt seem to understand the english language. I was grateful i knew a little spanish to get by. The vendors had no problem with english though..lol. All in all I enjoyed my stay there. The grounds of the resort were absolutely gorgeous. If it weren't for the food, I would probably have gone back.

I read Ilino's review, and I too was asked to fill out a review in front of the staff, which i did not do.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Imnesq,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, we are sure it will be helpful for our future guests. We are very sorry to learn you were not satisfied with the food we offer. Your comments about the food will be shared with our executive, who I am sure will make the proper changes concerning the issues mentioned in your comments.

We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I traveled here in December 2013 for our anniversary trip. From the moment we arrived at the hotel it was a great experience! I emailed Mr. Victor Pollantis before we departed and he was unbelievably helpful and thorough, so much so that the staff was waiting for us when we got there. Jennifer, Dislenny, and Horam were also extremely helpful in the VIP section and made our stay so enjoyable. Maria in housekeeping was so sweet and so accommodating; and Miguel (sometimes in the VIP and pool bar) is SO great.
The beach was beautiful and the pools were amazing. While I had read a lot of reviews complaining about the people selling things on the beach, lack of service unless you spoke Spanish, and dirty amenities, we didn't have too much trouble. Yes, there were people selling things on the beaches, however they were usually very nice and respectful so long as you kindly decline their offers. It's a third world country, people need to realize there will be people taking advantage of opportunities to sell things... And we never had any issues with ordering drinks at all; I speak a little Spanish but my husband speaks none and he always ordered our drinks with no problems... The food was okay (I am a vegetarian- but had to eat seafood because there were very few items available with just vegetables): The buffet, gourmet, and Mexican were good...
The people are very nice, the beach is beautiful, service is amazing, and we honestly had one of the best vacations ever at the Be Live Grand. We hope to go back again very soon :)

Room Tip: We loved the VIP amenities (bar, pool, poolbar, and beach)! I would definitely recommend paying for...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emely N,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Be Live Grand Punta Cana with all the TA members. It is always good to receive good feedback from our valued guests.

Your comments will be shared with our team, especially with the ones that made your stay more enjoyable; I am sure they will be encouraged by your remarks.

We look forward to your next visit, so we can give you another Be Live experience.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The best service, the staff is great, the bartenders, the waiters ( that's service)... I wanna thanks ferran the beverge and food manager he was he is a really good host, juan the beverege operation manager he is the best, jonathan in the plaza bar, abel in the lobby bar he made us laugh a lot... my mom and my sister and my girl they loved it, see u again be live for sure....

Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We first arrived at 10 at night and were put in a junior suite which was very nice. We were very hungry from our long trip and every restaurant was closed at that time. We were not given a very good introduction on which facilities we could use and the times we could use them. We upgraded to VIP the next day which was an extra 50 dollars a night but was well worth it. The rooms were always well serviced and if we needed more towels or more drinks in our mini fridge they would do it for us right away. The mini fridge wasn't very cold. All the staff that works at this hotel is very friendly and helpful. Especially Santiago the bartender at the VIP beach bar. We ordered room serviced one night and it was cold and the bread was stale but it was delivered very quickly. The food at this hotel was average. The drinks at this hotel were average also. Many times we ordered frozen drinks and they were not frozen at all. The beach was very nice and relaxing. If you are expecting a super nice resort with outstanding service this may not be the place for you. It was definitely a 3.5 star resort so if you go there with high standards you will surely be disappointed. Upon leaving we were asked to do a survey in front of the staff and she wanted me to write a review on trip advisor recommending the hotel. She wanted to read it after I was done and I declined. I felt very pressured to write a good review so I'm assuming many of these reviews were forced and may be the same. Overall the stay here was average we will not be coming back to this resort.

• Stayed December 2013
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear K8lyn94,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay in our property. We are sorry to learn your arrival was not very welcoming. We will discuss it with our staff and make sure it doesn’t happen to our future guests.
A guest review is a reflection of their experience, therefore it is not our property's polices to ask our guest for a positive review, you wrote a review where you expressed the pros and cons of our property, and that is what we are looking for, to know how we can better serve you.

We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Be Live Grand Punta Cana

Been to Be Live Grand Punta Cana? Share your experiences!