My husband and I have just returned to the UK from our Honeymoon to the Be Live Grand in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Firstly the Dominican Republic is a beautiful country and is definitely one to be visited.
The Hotel - Pros
- Spacious room
- Nice beach
- Decent food for an all inclusive
- Choice of restaurants - recommended ones being American, Italian, The Grill, Mexican and definitely the Japanese.
- A number of different pools
- Good selection of cocktails
- Air conditioned rooms
- Friendly reception staff and waiter/waitresses
The Hotel - Cons
- The hotel (possibly the area) appears to cater for Puerto Ricans and South Americans with a fairly large amount of Russains. This means that the entertainment and prodominently in Spanish with a little bit of Russain and the odd bit of English however the entertainers speak to quietly and in poor English that it is different to join in with any entertainment if you do not speak Spanish. Alot of the entertainment requires communication.
- The bar staff are not rude however are not particularly friendly. They don't assist if you try to speak Spanish and don't seem to be up for a laugh.
- The pool is only about a metre deep all over.
- The swim up pool is good however strangely constantly surrounded by children and therefore difficult to get a drink.
- As good as the maids were at cleaning the rooms on a large number of occasions it would be gone 6pm and our room had still yet to be cleaned.
- Food can be repetitive however this is common place in All Inclusive Resorts.
- Stay clear of the French Restaurant!
- Within the hotel there are salesman trying to sell you a membership to a travel club. If this doesn't interest you so NO when you are badged into going upstairs from the reception.
- Twice a week there is a market which comes into the hotel on an evening and is situated around the main pool. You cannot move around the hotel without coming across the market and the sells are extremely pushy. Keep you eyes down and just say no!
Overall the hotel is not catered for English however there were 2 other English couples there at the same time as us. We had a fabulous holiday an would return to the Dominican Republic however would not go to Punta Cana.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Grand
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Hotel Grand Punta Cana is an exclusive all-inclusive 5-star hotel resort in Punta Cana that has been especially designed for those who wish to spend their holidays with their family, get away from it all with their partner, or enjoy a holiday among friends with an authentic touch of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Be Live Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.