My friends and I stayed here from May 4 to May 11.
My entire trip to the be live grand was filled with ups and downs to begin with. When we first checked in, we met Jose who was very helpful at the front desk even if we were causing him grief (had to upgrade numerous rooms).
My girlfriend and I decided to upgrade to the VIP room to get the added benefits of the resort (private top shelf bars, wifi, own lounge, etc). The room itself was any problems. To start, there were bugs in the room almost every night (while some of them can be explained from the rooms basically being outside, the ones coming from our sink were not). Also, we were missing a chair, a couch, and our refrigerator was not working. We never called down to maintenence however, mostly because our friends were rooming next door....Overall, the resort was very clean, just our room was bug infested/missing furniture.
The food was also very hit and miss. The al la carte places (gourmet, brazillian, and japanese) were all great, while others (italian and mexican) left something to be desired. The buffet was also very so-so...I preferred the snack bar much better to that.
Drinks at the premium bars were great, while the regular bars left a little to be desired (the kind of skimp on the alcohol unless you request mucho mucho).
By far, the best part of the trip for me and all of my friends was our Bartender at the VIP bar by the beach, Santiago. Not only was he one of the funniest, most entertaining people at the resort, but hands down one of the nicest people I've even met. He took care of my friends and myself, every day. Santiago is the single reason I'd love to come back to the resort.
Aside from him, many of the other people at the resort were nice, however some of the people at the activities center wanted to give us a problem (at one point it, there was a downpour of rain and a friend of ours needed a towel. The guy there stated that he cant give us one, despite a giant stack of towels right next to him, because we were VIP and had to go to our own VIP bar for it).
The beach was nice, there were many peddlers around but they don't harass you like crazy and generally leave you alone once you say no.
The pools were fairly shallow 3-4ft tops. The pool in particular turned some of our friends bathing suites green. Also, the ground under the water was very rough a friend of mine cut his foot pretty badly when we were playing pool volleyball.
Overall, despite its faults, be live was pretty nice. As I stated before, unless its to see Santiago, I don't see myself coming back anytime soon.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Grand
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Hotel Grand Punta Cana is an exclusive all-inclusive 5-star hotel resort in Punta Cana that has been especially designed for those who wish to spend their holidays with their family, get away from it all with their partner, or enjoy a holiday among friends with an authentic touch of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Be Live Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.