My boyfriend and I stayed here from April 11-18, 2013. We are in our mid-twenties. This is the first time either of us have been to the Dominican Republic, and we had an amazing time! We flew with Air Transat and went with NoliTours - the Plus package.
I am extremely picky with regards to cleanliness, and the resort and grounds were very clean and maintained constantly by the staff. The only complaint I have is that it took about 3 hours to check-in. We landed in the airport at 10am, got to the resort at 12pm, but had to wait until 3:30pm to have a room. By 6:30pm, we were exhausted. Next time we'll schedule our time better so that we arrive after 3:00, which is check-in time. We'd also just be ready to swim as soon as we get there, so we have something to do while we wait.
The good points:
- The beach is soo beautiful, white sand, blue skies, lovely weather. It was 27-37 degrees during the time we were there. Nice and hot without being humid!
- The staff are very friendly and good natured, and most speak English, French, and Russian!
- The rooms were modern (we were on the Bavaro side in block 15) and cleaned daily. We left a $1 tip on the bed every day when we left the room.
- A small tip goes a long way! We brought $100 in $1 bills and that kept us fine for 7 nights. They'll take good care of you if you treat them well back.
-Bottle of rum, snacks, coupons in our room when we arrived
-The Gourmet and Japanese restaurants were delicious! You need to reserve at least 2 days in advance
-The resort is just the right size, so walking between food, rooms and beach is not far at all
-There are food and drinks available 24/7
-The excursions were very fun and the guides are amazing! (Only book through your tour operator)
-Tourists were from all over the world, a lot of French, Russians and Canadians
-The Dominican people are hotties!! Ha ha. Nice to look at...
-Safe in the room is only $3 a day. We kept whatever we couldn't fit in the safe locked in our suitcases while we were out of the room. We didn't have any issues with stealing.
-So many bars and pools everywhere, you can just choose to plop yourself down anywhere and chill.
What some people would consider The bad points (and why they didn't matter to us):
-Most of the food is not that good - Bring stomach meds, gravol, etc. if you have a sensitive stomach. You cannot drink the water. (we expected this from an all-inclusive)
-In particular, the Sport Bar (they call it the American restaurant) was crazy bad food - the worst I have ever eaten in any restaurant anywhere! (There are many other options for restaurants and buffet, so no need to go to the Sport Bar. Stay away!)
-We asked for a King Bed at check-in, but we got two doubles instead. (We just went back to the front desk and asked for a trade and we got a new room right away)
-Block 15 borders the edge of the resort and overlooks local pub, apartments, etc. so it was very noisy day and night (we weren't in the room much anyways, and the noise didn't bother us)
-Mostly older guests and couples, a few kids here and there, but a much quieter crowd of people, if you're looking for a party party resort, not this one. (This is exactly what we wanted, so it was perfect!)
-You are consistently approached by vendors selling excursions or time shares (we just told them 'No, Thank you' and they leave you alone)
-Not every staff person speaks English (my boyfriend knows a little Spanish, so we were fine)
-Wifi is very expensive and slow. TV has about 3 English channels. (We never needed to be online, so we didn't pay for wifi, and we never saw the need to watch TV, so also fine with us!)
-With our package, we were supposed to have our mini bar refilled every day (4 cans of local beer). The first day they refilled it, but after that, they would only bring 1 or 2. We mentioned this to Guest Services the first few days, but afterwards we just gave up. (All the bars are free, so doesn't really matter, as you can just go down to one of the many bars and get a free drink.)
-Almost everything takes 1/2 hour longer than they say it will (we came here on vacation anyway and were not in any big rush, so not a problem!)
-Nightly entertainment is sub-par at best (didn't care at all, we had drinks, pools, friends and each other, didn't need much else!)
We didn't go to the on-site club "Moon Disco", but we heard it was a bit tacky and full of local men looking to score. It is open to the public on the other side. We also didn't really walk around outside the resort, local markets, etc. but we heard they were above board and cheap.
All in all, we had an awesome vacation, and would definitely go back and recommend this resort to others!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Grand
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Hotel Grand Punta Cana is an exclusive all-inclusive 5-star hotel resort in Punta Cana that has been especially designed for those who wish to spend their holidays with their family, get away from it all with their partner, or enjoy a holiday among friends with an authentic touch of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Fareportal so you can book your Be Live Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.