This was a terrible experience for us. We bought a voucher through Living Social.com for a four night stay with all inclusive food/drinks. When we got to the hotel we were told we didn't have a room because they had over booked. To compensate for this Be Live wanted to send us to their "sister resort" for one night with the promise of an upgraded room and a romantic lobster dinner on our return the next day. We immediately said no, thinking that if we just stuck to our guns they would give up and give us a room. That didn't work, we argued with them for 2 hours. During that time we talked to other guests who were also trying to check in. We found that everyone who had bought a deal through LivingSocial or Groupon was being treated the same way. We finally gave in and went to the "sister resort" which is called the Presidential Suites. I'm pretty sure this place is just an apartment complex that is owned by Be Live. There were several cars parked next to the buildings none of which looked like rental cars. The Presidential Suites had one small restaurant with a very limited food/drink menu. While there, we were asked several times if we would like to stay there for the remainder of our trip. Obviously Be Live was running a bait and switch scheme to make more money.
When we returned to Be Live the next day we were given a room but guess what, no lobster dinner. The room was nice but didn't have much of a view. There were no towels in the room so we had to ask. The building next to ours was under construction so we got to listen to that noise for 12 hours a day. Before our trip the Be Live website said there were 2 restaurants that needed reservations but the rest did not. We found out that all the restaurants needed reservations except for the buffet. When we went to make reservations we were told that all the restaurants were full for the rest of the week except for the American sports bar.
Getting to and from Punta Cana was easy. We had no issues with the airport or with customs. Most of the bar tenders and waiters/waitresses at the resort were really friendly. The beach is beautiful white sand and there are lots of palm trees. The ocean wasn't as clear as I was expecting but it was still nice.
The people working check in were not nice. The food/drinks was okay but not what I was expecting from an all inclusive resort. If you were on the beach or walking around the resort there was someone trying to sell you something almost constantly. Communication was difficult, the staff spoke very little English.
If we had not had the terrible experience mentioned in the first paragraph I probably wouldn't rate the resort any hirer than average. I would NOT recommend this resort to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Punta Cana Hotel is an elite 5-star All Inclusive Hotel in the Dominican Republic. It is the perfect place to enjoy a vacation whether it's a couple's getaway, a family adventure, friends reunion, or guests that just need a few days of rest and relax; this resort has all the necessary facilities even Spa and Casino services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Be Live Collection Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Gran Oasis Punta Cana