“awsome trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Dominican Beach

You added Barcelo Dominican Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Dominican Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida Alemania, A-B 108 | El Cortecito, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #58 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Chesterfield, Missouri
“awsome trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

my husband and I just came back from DR. I was our first time there. we stayed at the Barcelo Dominican Beach for a week.

We made our reservation thru Apple vacation. We had a great time! we were give a very pretty room in "bloque" 5 very close to the beach.

The night shows were incredible and service was great!

for my husband's bithday, Laura, from the guest service, prepared a great surprise for him in one of the restaurants. My husband was impressed!!! that kind of details are what makes an unforgettable vacations, and make the guests feel special!
thanks to all the staff! you did it great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Polish first
Rutherford, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just returned from a week at the resort and am NEVER returning. The first room I was given smelled of smoke, mildew and was a dank cave. The next room I asked for (as they try and get you to upgrade at check-in) was a jr. suite. I stayed in it overnight and woke with sever sinus problems due to the mildew. I again upgraded to an ocean view honeymoon suite. It was not laid out particularly well but I had no choice. The bed was like sleeping on a slab of cement.
The hot water was intermitent and when the power went out (daily) the pressure was non-existant. The room staff was accomodating and filled the mini-fridge as I requested. Good thing as the buffet was horrible. The resturaunts were not much better but once we found the Brazilian rodisio we booked it three nights. The entertainment was average. The booking desks for the varous tour companies are adequate at best.
I will say the drinks were better than most as we had a perk of top shelf Barcelo .
The resort needs better attention to detail and better organization. I have travelled extensively in this country and found Puerta Plata resorts much more attentive .
If you need a bed to crash, don't care about the room or amenities in it this is the place for you. If you want an enjoyable vacation at a sunny resort this is NOT for you. BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: I used cheapcarribean and they booked this for me. I would recommend them as my travel plans change...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pictou, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I travel to DR every year this is probably the only complaint we have ever had, and its still not bad.
We are big time beach lovers we spend from 9am-6pm on the beach the whole time we are away. so its our most important spot on a resort.I'm going to try and explain this...when coming to the end of the resort towards the beach there are many beach chairs etc then to go in the water you must then step down a bank(very dangerous)the land has eroded away.When you get down the bank and drag a beach chair with you,there is not much room for the many passing people to walk past you, pretty much all locals as there are condos or apartments on each side of this resort.When the tide is coming in or the water gets rough you must then go back up the bank as it fills in with water.Other than that the food was great service was great the entertainment was very very lame and they didnt have it every night.However we dont go away for these things once you have been away a few times you dont watch the entertainment anyways.
So if you are NOT die hard beach people this is the place for you.If you are go somewhere else as you always have to watch your things that they dont float away we could have stayed up top however you are up so high all you can see is way out in the water.i love to sit back and watch the waves come in.
Enjoy

Room Tip: demand close to the beach this is the first time we ever had to change rooms it took many trips to t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Hotel Excellance come by way of their Staff. They will go out of their way to help you. Several different languages are spoken by the staff as well. The facilities are very nice, the rooms are average and clean. The food at the buffet is average. The nightly entertainment is extremely talented. Wow! What a Show! The Singers,the Band, and the Dancers are all very talented. You will enjoy this Hotel.

Room Tip: They have optional pool side and ocean view rooms.There is an Italian Resturante by reservation only...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wonderful vacation. Was A little worried reading the reviews seeing I had already book my trip. Let me just say front desk was always there to help as well as guest services. Could always find something to eat that I loved. Lots of things going on at the pool everyday. Beach beautiful. Maid service wonderful. Just need to say this, don't worry like I did it was a great vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just got back from vacation at the Barcelo Dominican Resort. I read and reread all the reviews the vacationer wrote. I must say I was a little afraid to book this vacation. I said "how bad can it really be"? Well to tell the truth I'm glad we went The food is very good. the people are very friendly, the casino was a lot of fun, and the pools at wonderful. The beach is to die for. I really didn't want to leave. Everyone has there own opinion. But this resort is really nice. Some buildings are older then others, but for the price it is well worth it. Go and decide for yourselves. We did and had a blast

Room Tip: Please don't expect to get into your room as soon as you get there. The maids have a lot of room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The first day in we knew it was a mistake, Washroom door did not lock, front door had all kinds of cracks in them, table lamp did not work, ceiling fan did not work, bathroom had mold and rust marks, safe was locked, I have discarded better furniture than what they have in their rooms (Will try to upload pictures) Front desk employees think they are doing you a favour. Entire staff is not friendly or helpful at all (Never saw anybody smile once) Food is horrible here except the Japanese restaurant,(Closed three days a week) only ate French fries after the first day. Mini bar had a bottle of water 1 small coke and 1 small sprite, people working the Bar don't know any drinks at all (Nobody speaks English here) They let the locals stay here on a day pass for about $20 and they take over the whole place (Swimming pools, games, bar and food places, and they make a lot of noise).I could go on writing a couple more pages of the negative experience about this place, but all i can say is i would never return to this resort ever

Room Tip: Nothing is good here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Barcelo Dominican Beach? Share your experiences!