“Vista Sol Hotel Punta Cana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Sol Punta Cana

You added Vista Sol Punta Cana to your Saves list
Vista Sol Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Alemania s/n | El Cortecito, Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #66 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Langley City, Canada
“Vista Sol Hotel Punta Cana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Swim up room not so...poolside room. Hair dryer not working, needed maintenance to replace 2 light bulbs and check leaking water above shower that got worse each day. The day that I left the ceiling water dripping in many more places and tiles bulging where I had a fast shower worried ceiling might collapse on my head.

Food good at buffet.

A La Carte system awful. Usually Sunwings has rep that gives several A La cartes per week where you have times and tickets but not at Vista Sol. You line up at 7 a.m. ( hard to do if you go on a tour at 6:30 a.m. ) and filled for day before 9. Half full A La Cartes most likely to save money as food at A La Cartes was excellent!

Sunwings rep Jimmy wasted 2 days of my vacation getting my one tour ticket out of the 4 that I prebooked in Canada. Left me sitting there waiting for him . Other female rep said she could not assist. Nexus guy Visctor kindly kept me company inbetween his clients but even though all 4 Nexus tours could not help me.
I paid for Jungle Rally tour more expensive. Told Side by Side less expensive tour and even when I presented paper printout showing Jungle Rally took 2 days off my vacation getting correction. Not happy!

Weather great. tours good although not detailed as should be. Catamaran tours no docks so jumping from dinghy to catamaran and back and wading in water not noted before tours.

Santo Dominigo worth 3 hours on bus. Only one stop La Romana to use bathroom as no potty on bus. GRRRR...

Altos Chavon and Catalina Island good tours. Bebe Catamaran unless you snorkel not worth it. Great crews on each tour!!!!

Mexico more tourist friendly but worth once seeing Dominican.

Lila

Room Tip: swim up room although poolside best room
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Czech first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I went to vista sol for my honeymoon on dec.5.2014 and when we got there our room wasnt clean! There was some kinda liquid on the toilet seat, long pieces of hair all over the floor, the furniture was old, the room was basically a huge disappointment. They offered to clean the room, but were we really disguested with the first impression of the room so we decided to get another room (pay for a room upgrade. We moved to a jr. Suit).

Barely ANY of the staff spoke english! So it was hard to communicate with anyone other than the guest.

The food was terrible! (Not exaggerating). The only things I enjoyed during my 7 day stay was rice and beans, baked bread, a few cakes (marble, etc), some of their vegetables, mash potatoes, fresh fruits and a lobster at their french resturant.

If you just wana have a good time, drink, chill on the beach and you dont care about great food, or about receiving good customer service, this is your spot. If on the other hand you do care about the things mentioned, I highly suggest you look for another resort

• Stayed December 2014
Chatham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I found the front desk staff were not friendly at all (in fact, some were down right rude), nor were they overly helpful or accommodating. Although it was the low season, we could not get into our rooms until 4:30, and when asked why it was taking so long or if there was a problem, even though I asked in Spanish, they would not answer me. They simply ignored my question. (These were the younger clerks. Others I talked to during the stay were much better.) However, when the porter spoke up for me, they were extremely rude to him (an older gentleman) and proceeded to laugh and make fun of him. If these people were the face of my hotel, I'd get a facelift! Others who worked there were lovely, especially Maria Ventura in the restaurant. The grounds were okay and the room was okay. I would definitely not go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The service was good, Ayad checked us in with a cool drink, which was a nice surprise. The room and beach is fine, nothing exciting. Everything was fine, except the food was so horrible and old. They literally served day old potatoes and other things that were just inedible. Me and my husband couldn't enjoy any of the food. When we got there around 3pm the only thing open was the self serve snack bar which was very dirty and unkept and consisted of hamburgers and hotdogs, which were also nasty. The entertainment was also a snoozer, boring! Nothing to what I've seen in other all inclusives. So since we were starving the whole time there we couldn't truly enjoy anything else. There are a lot of other hotels there that are way better for a little more. The country is beautiful definitely worth seeing and the people are super nice.

Room Tip: No wifi in rooms and the wifi they have in one area is so slow you can't upload or download anyt...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was dirty , was no hot water all 5 days we stayed, I got very sick ( blame not properly cleaned cups and plates , I don't want even to mention how beach bar staff was cleaning plastic glasses, it was beyond all sanitation norms), staff has no idea about customer service at all . Horrible place !!! Weather, beach and resort gardens were beautiful. What was not bad - New Year eve dinner ,and beach party. I will go back to DR again ( it was my 3 trip ) but not Vista Sol resort obviously.

Room Tip: don't book ocean view rooms 500 ,very noisy
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island City, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in this hotel while visiting Punta Cana last week. I'll start with saying that our room was small and everything was pretty old (furniture, nigh stands, TV). In the fridge, we didn't have anything besides 2 bottles of water. The shower was old again and there wasn't any shampoo (forget about body lotions and stuff you're used to get at all-inclusive hotels). On top of that, shower head wasn't even attached to the wall (it looked like it was before, but it fell off). There wasn't any safe deposit box in the room either. You had to get one at front desk and pay 10$ for that.
The hotel was full of Russians (not the most friendly and polite people nation). Some of our neighbors were blaring loud music late at night and they SMOKE ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE!!! The food was good, a lot of options. I am a vegetarian, so I was happy with the amount of vegetables and fruits served. You could get a good selection of freshly squeezed juices for breakfast. But one day I took some cooked spinach, and there were bugs in it! I showed my plate to waitresses working there and they just took my plate away without saying anything. I regret not calling a manager! Also, the staff almost doesn't speak any English, so learn some Spanish before coming here! There are three restaurants on the premises of the hotel (Mexican, French and Italian). Reservation is available at a stand in the lobby everyday 9 am. I got there at 9 am sharp and the line was huge. I couldn't get a reservation and they don't accept reservation for the future. I had to return the next day at 8;30 in order to get a spot. We went to a Mexican restaurant (supposedly, the best one), and were very disappointed. The food didn't have anything to do with real Mexican food (except for guacamole, pico de gayo and quesadillas; no tacos, no margaritas). After that experience, We decided to not even give other restaurants a try! The hotel restaurant definitely served better food! The beach strand is narrow and the whole beach is in the shade after 4 pm. So, no tanning. Honestly, it was kinda chilly by the ocean without the sun! There are lots of pine trees on the hotel territory and the beach is covered with spikes and thorns. You always have to look down to avoid stepping onto those thorns, because it is really painful! So, overall, definitely, not the best experience! I would really do a better research before going to Punta Cana.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this last minute and traveled solo. Remember that the DR requires 10US to get into the country and 20 US to get out, so add that amount / pp when you are calculating the amount of money to take. hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport. Flight and transfers were pretty seamless, Sunwing flights have pretty cramped leg room.
The resort is small and easy to get around, takes about 15-30 minutes on your first day to figure the lay of the land. According to the bartender it holds 400 people.
The room I had was in the 8000 block and away from the beach and the main pool, however had its own pool and bar. In total there are 3 pool sets, with wading pools for the little ones a jacuzzi and a swimming pool, pools were very clean and maintainance is done daily before the sun even rises. The resort is immaculate, there is no garbage anywhere, no cigarette butts, no tree debris, seaweed on the beach is removed daily. I was impressed with the time and energy by everyone in keeping the resort so clean.
The rooms have a fridge and a desk, table and chairs, bed/beds and a balcony with wicker furniture. The balcony furniture needs some padding, the cushions are uncomfortable. The beds have plenty of pillows, the beds are super firm. There are 2 bottle of water for your convenience in the fridge and in the bathroom. Hot water is a problem in the evening..shower in the morning there is plenty at that time. Near the 8000 block there is a rooster that crows every morning around 0700, lol. When I opened my door and the balcony doors, there was a wonderful breeze through the room and although I did not have a ocean view.... I certainly had a beautiful view of the ocean from the exterior door and that balcony. There is a safety deposit box, you have to pay 10 dollars US for the key and 50 US if you lose it, unfortunately not a combination lock.
The beach is fabulous and long- I walked to the far point on one day, 1 1/2 hours return, There are plenty of security guards all along the beach. I walked the other direction for 1 hour return, so if you want to travel /walk /run the beach it doesn't end. The water was rougher in the morning and better for swimming after lunch. There are plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, not so around the pools, people often reserved them although it says that this is not allowed.
There is a section on the beach that has sun pretty much all day and the sun worshippers congregated there fairly religiously early to mark their spot, this area was also close to the bar the entertainment team and the sports cafe.
The food was plentiful and beautifully displayed. There was always a line up for coffee in the morning and it wasn't until my last day that they had all 4 machines working. There is a smoking section in the restaurant on the perimeter so that smoke in the restaurant was not a problem. Breakfast is served from 7-10, lunch 12-3, dinner at 7-930. The sports bar is open 12-5. There was always a variety of food,usual breakfast fair, eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins bacon sausage, meat and cheeses. I never had lunch, the sport bar always had fruit and hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries and nachos, ice cream and popcorn. The a la cartes were tremendous I was impressed with the quality and presentation of the food. I ate at all three, the italian, mexican and french and each one was marvellous, I only wish that this quality of food had been present on the dinner buffets, don't get me wrong the buffet was good, but not spectacular as the restaurants.
The bartenders did a wonderful job every day and there was no shortage of mint for mojitos or pina coladas. I did not care for the white wine, I enjoyed the red wine, it was light and fruity probably a merlot of some kind. There were wines for purchase at all the restaurants.
The wifi is free in the theater,I think this is a big mistake- as everyone is on at night and it distracts from the entertainment when everyone is not paying attention to the show. Wifi is extremely choppy at this time when everyone is trying to connect, I would use the internet around 5 or 6 pm before the hoards of people. Shows - I didn't attend many but the circus show was amazing.
There is shopping on the beach to the left, a russian spot that advertises "no hassle" and their prices are pretty good, way better than the airport. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus daily, multiple times a day to the San Juan shopping mall and the supermarket is a great place to buy alcohol and coffee, Larimar is cheaper here.
All in all a great last minute trip. I have travelled to the DR on 4 other occassions all solo, this is the first resort where I was not able to "connect" with another guest in 7 days. This was a great disappointment. The clientele here are from Europe, Brazil, French Canadians and there was very little English that I heard being spoken. No worries I found lots to do, but if you are looking for a resort to go as a single I would not recommend this one. There were mostly couples and families and families with young children.
Miss the sun already!

Room Tip: 8000 block was very nice.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
VistaSol_Hotels, Resident Manager at Vista Sol Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vista Sol Punta Cana.

Thank you very much for your pleasant comment.
Your feedback is very important for us in order to continue improving our services. Constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality. We would like to comment that our dinner service is from 18.30/22:00 and the Snack Bar is available from 10am/24.00

Thank you very much for highlighting our services and facilities and thanks for choosing Vista Sol Punta Cana.

Best Regards,

Antonio. J Diaz
Resident Manager

Been to Vista Sol Punta Cana? Share your experiences!