I have just returned from the Catalonia and must say we had an amazing time. The service, the staff--everybody was very friendly, nice and professional. Extra points to Gerlin, Iselle and Raidon!! Those three individuals alone made my stay at the Catalonia worth a repeat visit in the future. The hotel grounds are very well kept and the beach is beautiful. The swimming pool at the Catalonia is absolutely amazing. Really the only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the room itself. It's very dated, the toilet was busted when we first got there, but the staff was quick to fix it. The A/C worked like a champ, and the ceiling wasn't leaking as some other reviews said. All in all, I was very satisfied with this resort and I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Bavaro beach.
TIPS BEFORE YOU GO:
Pack bug spray!!! During the day, I didn't have any problems, but at sunrise and sunset I was eaten alive. I don't know what it is about the Dominican mosquitos, but man....I've never itched so bad in my life. If you don't pack bug spray, you can always buy it there at the hotel market for $23 per can. Might as well pack some hydrocordizone cream well.
We packed 3 bottles of sunscreen between my wife and I and went through all of it. The sun is brutal down there so if you think you have enough sunscreen, pack one more bottle.
You can use US dollars at the hotel and virtually anywhere in the Dominican. The ATM at the hotel will charge you $9.30 fee. So definitely load up on cash at the airport before departing.
Of the 4 specialty restaurants, only 2 are open per night then they switch the next day.
I wasn't a fan of the pillows at this hotel, although the bed was plenty comfortable. You may just want to pack your own if you have head and neck issues.
and last but not least, don't overpack.Seriously. I always over pack and I even did again on this trip, but then I spent all day everyday on the beach or the pool in my swim trunks.
Other than that, get ready for a great trip!! Can't wait to make it back down to the Dominican Republic.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Punta Cana Catalonia
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.