My sister and I stayed at Catalonia this past June. We were very pleased! I have read some reviews prior to my trip that had me a little concerned about some things, especially the food, however we enjoyed it all!! You have to keep in mind that the food is not going to be exactly what we may be used to at home, but what do you expect when you go to another country! I thoroughly enjoyed all of the different rice and bean options as well as the grilled veggies and assorted fruits! The Hibachi restaurant was our favorite with the buffets coming in second. We went to all specialty restaurants except for the Mexican restaurant and they were all pretty good! Especially considering the price we paid! We definitely got our money's worth.
The drinks were good. We do think that they may water down some of their clear liquors (almost positive) but choose Barceló rum - their featured rum - and you'll get a good drink! It's a dark rum and delicious. The theater is named after him!
Speaking of the theater, they put on good shows every night. We went to all but one during our 7 nights there and they were entertaining. We especially liked the Broadway themed night.
Our room was closer to the lobby than the beach so wifi worked great for us in our room. I did talk to others though who were closer to the pool and beach and found that the wifi didn't work for them in their rooms though. But to be honest, even though I had wifi, I spent very little time utilizing it because I'd much rather be enjoying the magnificent views, scenery, and everything else Punta Cana had to offer. I went to get away... take vacation... :)
I recommend this place for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel