We just arrived home from our stay at the Catalonia Bavaro. I must say this was our first trip as a family to Dominican and if this is what to expect then cant see us ever being disappointed in Punta Cana.
We found the rooms very clean and spacious (605& 607). People were very friendly and worked very hard to make sure our stay was perfect.
The checkin was( english) fine and they got us to our rooms as quick as possible being it was so late. The beds were very comfortable and pillows were fine and room was nice and chilly so no complaints there. Our room had a small shower and a huge tub. Fridge was always filled and never empty. Ana Maria had our towels and room always in immaculate condition.
The pool was very close to our room so it was easy access. We do suggest that you get your towels and reserve your chairs around the pool to have good seating oh and make sure you have a little hut because you will need the shade as it was very hot while we were there.
The food was good and a great variety. The Steak house was our favourite we were told the Texas was the best but had another suggestion while we were there and it was the Rock & Roll Rib Eye which was a very good steak even better.
People that work on the resort that will catch your eye during your stay is Espaghetti very entertaining, Smerly ( Smiley) at the pool bar Frenado as well at the pool bar.
We also did 2 excursions ( Boggie) that wasnt very good at the time and the Dolphine excursion which was great worth every dollar and bargain the price its always negotiable.
The entertainment did a great job each and every day. Michael Jackson was the best one they are amazing entertainers talent was not an issue WOW !!!
Even though we had a late flight out we were able to get a shower room which was a nice made up room (3114) second floor oposite side from where we were. The day you book out you can reserve this for a time slot but dont foget first come first serve we had the 5 to 6as we had 3 rooms.
So no complaints here and hats off to all at the Catalonia Bavaro Golf And Casino thanks for making our first trip not our last.
Thank you Angie from our Maritime travel agent in PortHawkesbury as you promised we would not be disappointed. See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel