It took me some time and lots of reviews on TripAdvisor.com before I made my choice.
My expectations were mostly met. The biggest disappointment was the very small beach; no chance of privacy. Basically, you will be part of any conversation going on in the next beach chair even if you don’t want to. I am a beach lover and this is not preferable by any means.
The Hotel property and all its amenities are kept very clean and in top working condition. The Hotel staff is doing great job around the clock. Any addressed problems are fixed right away. All the gardens are manicured to perfection. Two thumbs up for gardening crew! Gardening is my hobby and passion so this is why I noticed it and made this comment. Gardens are a big part of the overall appeal of the Hotel.
The food and alcohol selection was not as good as I was expecting in 5-star hotel in the Dominican Republic. Food looked nicer than it tasted in my opinion. It is like there is a lack of seasoning and spices used in the kitchen. Please don’t take me wrong, there is plenty of food to choose from, nobody will go hungry, but... for my taste it was too plain with very little flavour. I didn’t like omelette the way it was made so I didn’t order it again, at least I had other foods to choose from. I loved the Grouper from the grill for dinner and most of my dinners were the same. Beach Maloo Bar offers delicious smoothies during day; which is a great idea. Everybody should visit the Cata Tapa Restaurant at least once. It is a very interesting experience, full of surprises and ... unfortunately smoke. I was out of luck when I ordered grilled pork though, as it was very dry and hard. Pork in other Caribbean islands is usually so tasty, juicy and tender; not this time.
I will come back to this hotel probably in September bringing my husband this time. Maria, Nilza, Gosia and many more employees made my stay memorable. Thank you all for your dedication and good work! I would definitely like to stay again in room 3408.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel