But at Catalonia Bavaro, its really sewage seeping through the ceiling. For 3 days of an 8 day trip, I had to make dozens of calls and several screaming incidents to get managment to recognize that the sh** from the third floor bath was dumping on my ceiling. When they finally fixed the "leak", it took another day to get them to wash the ceiling panels in the bathroom. We were not allowed to change rooms because there was no other room to move to because the hotel overbooked. Some friends were shipped to another resort because Catalonia had sold out.
Among other, less offensive, reasons to avoid Catalonia Bavaro: food is 3 of 10 at best, wireless internet is nonexistant, overstrached, discourteous staff, not enough towels for the rooms, not enough seats at the ONE pool, and generally dated and worn out infrastructure. Catalonia is one of the oldest Punta Cana hotels and it shows its age. When I complained to a manager, Leonardo Lara, about the poop drippings he chastised me for not calling I'm earlier. When I said I had been reporting the problem for 3 days to the emergency servicesm he said they ignore such calls. How is a guest to know which manager to contact? That said, Leonardo turned out to be a complete liar. He made numerous promises to compensate us for our troubles, then reneged on the first promise (a taxi ride) and then disappeared. Another manager, Rocky, promises to try to make amends for ruining half of our vacation. I have not heard back from Rocky as yet - we're still living the dream at Catalonia. I never thought I would say I can't wait to leave this dump. FYI, i rented 6 rooms for my family costong approx $15k. Guess that dosn't matter to this place. I will try to attach photos of the leaking sewage from my mobile phone (because there is NO internet here).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Bavaro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel